Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

Fixes Recommended in Addition to the USKP

Lip Sync Fix - A fix for the long standing lip sync bug introduced by Patch 1.9. Yes, this one is the real deal unlike all the other placebo/fake versions that have come before it. A very simple SKSE plugin changing literally ONE BYTE of memory to fix one of the most glaring issues left in the game. Since it requires SKSE, it is not a suitable candidate for USKP inclusion.

SkyUI - A PC-centric reworking of the major components of the game interface. Yes, we do in fact consider this to be within the realm of bug fixing because the vanilla PC interface is simply not designed with actual PCs in mind. For obvious reasons, it's not something that would ever become part of the USKP. Since SkyUI is pretty much ubiquitous, the USKP defers all UI related fixes to them, and there are plenty of legit fixes included in SkyUI.

Flora Respawn Fix - This is a clever workaround for the bug introduced in Patch 1.3 where most flora objects in the game won't respawn no matter how long you wait for them. Requires unsupported TES5Edits and so is not suitable for inclusion in the USKP.

Wiseman303's Flora Fixes - An alternative to the Flora Respawn Fix. Uses the same methodology but covers a bit more than the previous mod. Since it uses the same kind of unsupported TES5Edit changes, it is also not suitable for inclusion in the USKP.

Bring Out Your Dead - Extends the vanilla graveyard support to all vanilla NPCs who should have had one. Was originally planned to become part of UKSP 1.1 but had been overruled due to the requirement to place extra grave containers for those NPCs who didn't have one yet.

Brawl Bugs Patch - Additional bugfixes that pertain to brawling while also under the influence of cloak spells of various types. Jonwd7 determined these would not be suitable to include directly in the USKP so the module is distributed separately for those who may want it.

Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice - Fixes issues with dialogue that has no recorded audio and also corrects a bug in the engine where the "Force Subtitle" function does not work correctly. Since it requires SKSE, it is not a suitable candidate for USKP inclusion.

Enchantment Reload Fix - Fixes a bug where enchanted items will jump in value and drain their charges much more quickly if the game is saved and then reloaded. Requires SKSE, so is not suitable for inclusion.

Invisibility Eye Glitch - Fixes a bug where the player's eyes get corrupted when an invisibility spell is cast and then wears off. Requires SKSE, so is not suitable for inclusion.

Better Dialogue Controls - Fixes a minor but annoying bug with being able to select the proper dialogue options with the keyboard and/or mouse. Alters the UI, which is one area we do not cover to avoid conflicts that would not be easy to resolve. Complements SkyUI as this is not an included feature there.

Better MessageBox Controls - Fixes another minor but also equally annoying bug with clicking on text in a message box. Also not suitable due to editing UI files. Complements SkyUI as this is not an included feature there.

Landscape Texture Transition Fix - Corrects a number of transitions in landscape that don't blend together properly. Since this obviously involves landscape edits, it is not something that would be included in the USKP due to the high potential for conflicts that would then need other compatibility patches to resolve.

Fixes Recommended in Addition to the UDGP

Vampire Lord Drain With Serana Fixed - Removes the nerfed vampire drain life spell. Bethesda did this intentionally for reasons unknown, so it technically is not a bug fix, but for those who don't think their decision was appropriate, this will correct that.

Fixes Recommended in Addition to the UHFP

Hearthfire Display Case Fix - Places activation triggers around the display cases Bethesda chose not to make available to the traditional weapon rack system. This technically isn't a bug fix but many people consider it one anyway. Keep in mind this will limit the use of the display cases to ONLY weapons, rather than Bethesda's intent of letting you put anything you want in them.

Perhaps this Dragonborn issue with Aela the Huntress need a mod to solve it if it's a vanilla issue.

Uh. I'd have to look, cause the only way I could see that happening is if Dragonborn edits the ceremony. The poster seems to indicate that he was able to ask Aela to marry, but that the ceremony didn't run. There's a good chance he simply didn't do it right.

Uh. I'd have to look, cause the only way I could see that happening is if Dragonborn edits the ceremony. The poster seems to indicate that he was able to ask Aela to marry, but that the ceremony didn't run. There's a good chance he simply didn't do it right.

I suppose there is only way to find out and that's check that in TES5Edit, but also play test it just to see if the issue the OP has can be confirmed or not.

Perhaps the completed quest when having Dragonborn installed mess things up and somehow the marriage ceremony is *cancelling* any USKP fixes in vanilla.  Just a theory.

That's a great selection, nice to see it all put together in one place. I use most of them already. Though i would like to throw in my voice for the mesh solutions to the invisibility eye bug. I know they were not included in uskp, because they disable some reflections. From my experience though there is no observable difference ingame (and you know i can be nit-pickingly observant). There is a whole section of settings for eye reflections visible in nifscope, that are attached to the shader flags that are disabled by these mesh fixes. But i question whether they actually do anything at all in game

I would say for people who do not do high res close up shots of their characters faces, the mesh solition will by the better one (meaning that i do not in principle want to rule out that there might be a tiny difference in reflection under certain conditions introduced by the mesh fixes)

Great topic, thank you ! Very useful list, which removes some doubts I had about some mods.

That's a great selection, nice to see it all put together in one place. I use most of them already. Though i would like to throw in my voice for the mesh solutions to the invisibility eye bug. I know they were not included in uskp, because they disable some reflections. From my experience though there is no observable difference ingame (and you know i can be nit-pickingly observant). There is a whole section of settings for eye reflections visible in nifscope, that are attached to the shader flags that are disabled by these mesh fixes. But i question whether they actually do anything at all in game
I would say for people who do not do high res close up shots of their characters faces, the mesh solition will by the better one (meaning that i do not in principle want to rule out that there might be a tiny difference in reflection under certain conditions introduced by the mesh fixes)

Which mod are you using, Gruftlord, please ?

We don't consider the eye mesh replacer to be a true fix for the issue. It's a workaround at best. The SKSE solution actually fixes it the right way, but it relies on using an SKSE node reset function to do so which is why it's on this list and not part of the USKP :P

The mesh fix may be a workaround by switching shaders, but shaders that are virtually identical.

The skse fix has the drawback of forcing a redraw of the whole models resulting in a quick flicker of the character.

I consider the latter to be more disruptive to my gaming.

The skse solution also has not been incorporated into any custom invisibility mods yet, neither did the author respond to my suggestion of a forced redraw option or mcm setting with more conditions to circumvent issues with custom spells.

I would also volunteer Better Dialogue Controls as a worthy contender. While maybe not an outright bug, the way dialogue menus will highlight one option and select another when you press Enter is enough of a pain to justify its inclusion in my opinion.

I would also volunteer Better Dialogue Controls as a worthy contender. While maybe not an outright bug, the way dialogue menus will highlight one option and select another when you press Enter is enough of a pain to justify its inclusion in my opinion.

I agree ! Along with Better MessageBox Controls from the same modder, Ecirbaf, they are as essential as the Unofficial patches, from my point of view.

Guys, what do you think of Mfg Console by kapaer, which apparently restores the player blinking which disappeared with 1.9.32 ?

Would be nice to see these bundled into a Bain Installer/fomod package either as an optional on the USKP page or it's own page.

Let's throw a few names into the mix:

"A Miscellany of Bugfixes for Skyrim"

"Repairing Skyrim: A Subjective, Objective, and Projective Collection"

"The USKP Cutting Room Floor"

"Skyrim Mended: USKP on Steroids"

"USKP Optional Amendments: A Roundup of the Best"

Err {I hate to say this} "USKP Miscellaneous Patches" anyone? :P

The problem with that is that each are their own mod, with their own author, and some would most likely want to keep them as individual mods/projects.

I would recommend Proper Aiming . You can't see it too well from the video, since it's a bit low quality, but it really helps a lot with aiming with a bow and spells in 3rd person. 

Without it, the projectile goes to the side in 3rd person, even if you are close to the target.

It can also be merged into the bashed patch so you won't lose an .esp slot. 

Have a look at what they did for UL in Oblivion- all possible, but a bit of legwork nevertheless.

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it's not very probable for the reason I mentioned above. 

Would be nice to see these bundled into a Bain Installer/fomod package either as an optional on the USKP page or it's own page.

Let's throw a few names into the mix:

"A Miscellany of Bugfixes for Skyrim"

"Repairing Skyrim: A Subjective, Objective, and Projective Collection"

"The USKP Cutting Room Floor"

"Skyrim Mended: USKP on Steroids"

"USKP Optional Amendments: A Roundup of the Best"

Err {I hate to say this} "USKP Miscellaneous Patches" anyone? :P

I can't say I've heard of most of those... I know about CRF and SMPC, but the others turned up nothing with a quick Google.

He's talking about hypothetical names for if these were to ever be made into a collection.

This is a clever workaround for the bug introduced in Patch 1.3 where most flora objects in the game won't respawn no matter how long you wait for them. Requires unsupported TES5Edits and so is not suitable for inclusion in the USKP.

It is supported as of version 3.0.32

Right, I meant it's not supported by the game or CK though. Not that it wasn't supported by TES5Edit.

I agree ! Along with Better MessageBox Controls from the same modder, Ecirbaf, they are as essential as the Unofficial patches, from my point of view.

Guys, what do you think of Mfg Console by kapaer, which apparently restores the player blinking which disappeared with 1.9.32 ?

I tried out Mfg Console and I can confirm it fixes the blinking bug, definitely worthwhile. The extra information it adds to the console display is a welcome addition as well. Thanks!

I tried out Mfg Console and I can confirm it fixes the blinking bug, definitely worthwhile. The extra information it adds to the console display is a welcome addition as well. Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback. I'm going to try it. Another one who has been using Mfg Console for a long time ? I hope it's safe on the long term, I am very cautious with the mods I add in my load list.

The mesh fix may be a workaround by switching shaders, but shaders that are virtually identical.

The skse fix has the drawback of forcing a redraw of the whole models resulting in a quick flicker of the character.

I consider the latter to be more disruptive to my gaming.

The skse solution also has not been incorporated into any custom invisibility mods yet, neither did the author respond to my suggestion of a forced redraw option or mcm setting with more conditions to circumvent issues with custom spells.

I had to test this.  

Mesh fix:  

-- Works for Player without fail

-- Does not work on NPCs

Script fix:

-- Works immediately on NPCs (cannot see any glitched eyes)

-- Works slowly on Player (can see glitched eyes for a few moments)

Why not a dual solution?  Apply the mesh fix for the player and script for the NPC.

If the fixed meshes are what the Creation Kit sees, it will use them in the exporting of face gen data.  This would allow a slow spread of corrected eyes as mod authors incorporate it in their face gen data exports.

EDIT:  Having the mesh fix files available for the CK to use, does indeed pass them on to the NPC's when face gen data is exported.  This, in my opinion, makes it a viable solution for the USKP.  I'm even willing to do it, just tell me what setup is needed so that other corrections pass through as well. (i.e. the argonian decap fix #866)