The Drunken Huntsman non-investable again?

Alt Muller

I've recently decided to reinstall Skyrim with all the latest fixes and discovered that the option to invest in The Drunken Huntsman store disappeared again even though this bug is listed as fixed as of USKP 2.0. I tried disabling all mods but USKP as well as starting a new game to eliminate all possible interference from other mods as well as existing saves, and the investment dialogue still wasn't there. Can someone confirm this issue? If this bug has indeed made a comeback, maybe the USKP team could investigate it again? Inability to invest in stores has been extremely annoying for me since Day 1 and it boggles my mind that the problem is still present 3 years after the release.

Tested and confirmed on 2.0.4. Everyone else in Whiterun has the option but Elrindir is being stubborn.

Edit: Same on 2.0.5

Just in case it matters: the previous fix was in USKP 2.0.0 (Bug #13125), which "may not" have been retroactive (according to Arthmoor). Since that was a long time ago (October 2013), I'm guessing that most people are testing this on a newer game by now.

Just in case it matters: the previous fix was in USKP 2.0.0 (Bug #13125), which "may not" have been retroactive (according to Arthmoor). Since that was a long time ago (October 2013), I'm guessing that most people are testing this on a newer game by now.

My existing saved game I was planning to continue playing from was started in early 2014. With USKP 2.0.2 IIRC. Also I specifically mentioned that I had tested this on a new game as well.

Also I specifically mentioned that I had tested this on a new game as well.

Sorry, I overlooked that when I read your post. I think it's safe to say that the fix isn't working any more for whatever reason. I'll test it on my current game to see if I get the same result as you and Hana.

Edit: It's definitely not working. I'll add this to the tracker so that it will get looked into whenever the next series of fixes gets going again.

Tracker report here: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/16535-uskp-regression-unable-to-invest-in-the-drunken-huntsman/

It's also technically already fixed, but we don't have another update planned anytime soon.

It's also technically already fixed, but we don't have another update planned anytime soon.

I understand. I hope it won't be too long before you release the new build. It's silly, but for some reason this small issue has become a complete showstopper for me; I just can't bring myself to play until this nuisance is fixed. I guess it's Witcher time for now then. Thanks again for all your work.