Lost ability to craft steel bolts

IsharaMeradin

I've been working my way through the Ancient Technology side quests.  I had been able to craft steel bolts along with the enhanced crossbow.  I got the explosive bolt schematics and then the dwarven crossbow schematic.  When I went to craft the dwarven crossbow, I noticed that the steel bolts were no longer on the list.

I have ARS Metallica installed and that does affect the recipe but it only adds some ingredients.  I checked in the console the DLC1TechXbowSteelChanceNone global variable which is supposed to be at a value of 0 and it had a value of 100.  Something reverted its value.

I have the quest for the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow yet to do.  I can do that and see if the ability to craft steel bolts returns.  However, I should never have lost the ability to begin with.

EDIT: Completed all of the Ancient Technology side quests and still cannot craft steel bolts any more.

Took some digging but I finally found it.  Apparently you have to ask how to craft a crossbow before it lets you craft steel bolts.  I had not because I had picked up a crossbow and thus did not need to know how.  Thought for sure I had already crafted steel bolts...  

Oh well...  it is what happens when you've played the game so many times that you do not go over every single line of dialog with every single NPC.