[Morrowind] - Reversed leveled lists for NPC dialogue

Leonardo

Today I got an idea of how to merge dialogues into the Mashed Lists sort of a rumors leveled list for NPC's so to speak.

You have probably notice that many NPC have the same rumor depending where you're and talking to e.g Imperial guild members, Great House members (Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni, Indoril, only Dres with TR), Temple members etc.

Depending who you're talking to e.g what occupation they have will often say a common rumor like the latest rumor "Have you heard... <this or that>" or it could be local rumor and that's specific for a race like this.

Dunmer - Outlanders don't know how it is to be born and bred (disdainful to other races especially outlanders even to Dunmer raised outside of Morrowind)

Redguard - ...watch us in the thick of battle...

Nords - We are hardy people that love prowess in battle

Imperials - We love peace and prosperity, but we are not ashamed to use force if needed

I know there is a couple of races left to add and a couple of common rumors too, so if you know what race that have a specific dialogue then feel free and mention it for what race with what dialogue.

So how about having each rumor in a data string e.g the DIAL record in TESPCD then flag each NPC to use a specific dialogue (use an unique ID) like a common rumor "Miles Glorious is right now in Maar Gan on a crusade to fight corpus monsters, but he have always time to chat with an admirer." or similar regardless what race is saying that when the player wants to know what's the latest rumors.

I know it's a lot work to be done, but I wonder.  Is it feasible to have a rumor leveled lists for NPC's merged into the Mashed Lists.esp? smile.png