JayCrane

Welcome to AFKMods, new person! Introduce yourself here!

Howdy folks!

People call me either Scott, Freak, or Jesus (depending on who they are and how we met) - I'll answer to any of 'em (or pretty much anything else, tbh!)

I discovered this rather magical place from a link on one of Arthmoor's mods on the nexus, and I've been happily pillaging the download section ever since - I figured I should at least join and say hi whilst doing it!

So yeah, there ya have it!

Howdy folks!

People call me either Scott, Freak, or Jesus (depending on who they are and how we met) - I'll answer to any of 'em (or pretty much anything else, tbh!)

I discovered this rather magical place from a link on one of Arthmoor's mods on the nexus, and I've been happily pillaging the download section ever since - I figured I should at least join and say hi whilst doing it!

So yeah, there ya have it!

Hi there Scott! Welcome to AFK :D

Hello all!  I know a number of you from the Bethesda Forum, where I go by the same username.   Brief background on me is I am a former console player who fell in love with TES but had to migrate to the PC to fix issues I had with the vanilla games.  Before I started PC gaming about two years ago, I had no technical background and had no particular computer skills beyond knowing how to cut, copy and paste.  Initially, the whole idea of mods was overwhelming to me.  I remember reading about Wrye Bash and being baffled by all the jargon.  Guides for how to use Wrye Bash sounded like they had been written in Latin or Klingon, since I understood less than half of the words in any given sentence.  But I read and read and asked many questions on the Beth forum (thanks to all the helpful people there), and eventually I started understanding how things worked.

Since then I have been studying a lot and have learned much (and put together stable load orders for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and built a gaming PC), but there is still so much to learn.  I have made one mod that is up on Nexus (where I go by the username Acerac).  It's just an obscure patch for Oblivion.  

Last weekend I started digging deeper into xEdit.  I have used it for a couple years for automated cleaning, but this was the first time I learned how to actually use it.  xEdit is such an incredible tool.  What I learned last weekend with xEdit is inspiring me to dig into learning how to use the Creation Kit.

Happy to be here. I would like to make more mods (particularly for Skyrim) and I hope to learn and share knowledge here.  

Welcome to AFK Mods Turija! :wave:

Have A Horker :horker:  :partyhorker:

If you really want to learn of how to use the Creation Kit then head over here at TES Alliance and sigup for the modding school then go through at least 4 classes with DarkRider as an excellent teacher plus get help from other people here. :)

I once did tried the modding school on TES Alliance over 3 years ago, but never finish it due to RL.  Anyway, I can guarantee it's fun while learning new awesome things at the same time.

Hello all!  I know a number of you from the Bethesda Forum, where I go by the same username.   Brief background on me is I am a former console player who fell in love with TES but had to migrate to the PC to fix issues I had with the vanilla games.  Before I started PC gaming about two years ago, I had no technical background and had no particular computer skills beyond knowing how to cut, copy and paste.  Initially, the whole idea of mods was overwhelming to me.  I remember reading about Wrye Bash and being baffled by all the jargon.  Guides for how to use Wrye Bash sounded like they had been written in Latin or Klingon, since I understood less than half of the words in any given sentence.  But I read and read and asked many questions on the Beth forum (thanks to all the helpful people there), and eventually I started understanding how things worked.

Since then I have been studying a lot and have learned much (and put together stable load orders for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and built a gaming PC), but there is still so much to learn.  I have made one mod that is up on Nexus (where I go by the username Acerac).  It's just an obscure patch for Oblivion.  

Last weekend I started digging deeper into xEdit.  I have used it for a couple years for automated cleaning, but this was the first time I learned how to actually use it.  xEdit is such an incredible tool.  What I learned last weekend with xEdit is inspiring me to dig into learning how to use the Creation Kit.

Happy to be here. I would like to make more mods (particularly for Skyrim) and I hope to learn and share knowledge here.  

Welcome to AFK Turija :wave:

Modding Skyrim can be tricky at times but  I'm positive you will be able to do pump out some mods. TESA and AFK are excellent sources of knowledge.

Welcome.

Funny you would mention xedit, because for me this also was the gate opener to becoming a moder myself. It's really educational in the way it presents the game's data.

Welcome to AFK Mods Turija! :wave:

Have A Horker :horker:  :partyhorker:

If you really want to learn of how to use the Creation Kit then head over here at TES Alliance and sigup for the modding school then go through at least 4 classes with DarkRider as an excellent teacher plus get help from other people here. :)

I once did tried the modding school on TES Alliance over 3 years ago, but never finish it due to RL.  Anyway, I can guarantee it's fun while learning new awesome things at the same time.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Those look like good site.  Now to find the time to sit down and go through the tutorials.  As you said, RL gets in the way.

Welcome to AFK Turija :wave:

Modding Skyrim can be tricky at times but  I'm positive you will be able to do pump out some mods. TESA and AFK are excellent sources of knowledge.

Thanks!  I spent some time in the CK last night, just messing around with a test.esp.  I have an idea for a mod for personal use that I may work on and release at some point.  Last night I learned how to create a magic effect that would stack with alchemy effects that do the same thing but not with itself.  That's the first building block I need . . .

Welcome.

Funny you would mention xedit, because for me this also was the gate opener to becoming a moder myself. It's really educational in the way it presents the game's data.

Thanks!  I don't know why I waited so long to dig into xEdit.  Guess I was intimidated by it for some reason, but I watched some helpful videos online by Fadingsignal that made it seem less intimidating.  When I finally started looking at things in xEdit a bunch of concepts like the "rule of one" that I could repeat but didn't fully understand all started falling into place. 

Hey guys,

Another Bethesda Forum member coming in.  My time on the official forums is slowly coming to an end with the coming of Bethesda.net and the shutting down of the old forums.. so here I am, helped by a fellow member.  While I am not myself an author of mods, I do heavily use them despite not having played any of my games (TES or otherwise) recently.  With the amount of fun I have had with Oblivion and Skyrim, I still want to be part of a TES community.. and I hope to be as active of a member here as I was on the official forums.

My name, much like Turjia's, is the same I used at Bethesda.. my avatar is different only because the one I used at Bethesda did not fit here, so I changed it to another picture I had.  I hope to see some of you around.  :D

Welcome. I realize we are probably leaning more toward the developer side of things around here, so do let us know if there's something (easy) that might help for those who are not mod authors. I honestly hadn't thought much about the possibility of people migrating off of Bethesda.net and coming here instead. So long as whatever it is that's needed doesn't entail moving to IPB4 before we're forced into it :troll:

Welcome. I realize we are probably leaning more toward the developer side of things around here, so do let us know if there's something (easy) that might help for those who are not mod authors. I honestly hadn't thought much about the possibility of people migrating off of Bethesda.net and coming here instead. 

Thanks.. I will be get myself acquainted to the site in the next few days, so I will certainly let it be known if I need help.  One of the reasons why this site appealed to me when I saw it is because it has the look of Bethesda's soon-to-be-old forum look.. I also noticed there is a chat, which I will likely use when I need it as well.  Is it for anything specific, or can I go in and just talk about general stuff?

I am still going to keep an eye on Bethesda, though I cannot see myself as an active member there anymore.  I only made an account on Bethesda.net solely because I did not want anyone else using my name over there.. if anything else, I am curious to see what happens when the forums are all moved over.

Hey guys,

Another Bethesda Forum member coming in.  My time on the official forums is slowly coming to an end with the coming of Bethesda.net and the shutting down of the old forums.. so here I am, helped by a fellow member.  While I am not myself an author of mods, I do heavily use them despite not having played any of my games (TES or otherwise) recently.  With the amount of fun I have had with Oblivion and Skyrim, I still want to be part of a TES community.. and I hope to be as active of a member here as I was on the official forums.

My name, much like Turjia's, is the same I used at Bethesda.. my avatar is different only because the one I used at Bethesda did not fit here, so I changed it to another picture I had.  I hope to see some of you around.   :D

Welcome to AFK Mods Saxhleel Night-Warrior! :wave:

Have A Horker! :horker::partyhorker:

Of course your old avatar fits here and I consider using the same avatar is the same as you have friends in RL, which makes it easier for people to recognize you.

Long time player of Bethesda titles (since Morrowind), my joining here doesn't have anything to do with what's going on at other forums, but more that I want to lurk and maybe occasionally contribute. I've kept this place on my radar since the development of the Skyrim unofficial patch, and maybe I can help out with reporting bugs and other issues for the Fallout 4 unofficial patch.  

Hello everyone! I guess it's time I introduced me properly in the forum. (I've posted in the TracDown and the chat in the past.)

The username, bombastus, I stole it from Paracelsus. He's been dead for close to 500 years so he's unlikely to come and get it back. His full name was Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim. I just find that funny.

I'm mostly here for the bugs, but I also like the community thus far, small, friendly and knowledgeable.

Skyrim is actually my first TES game, I mostly played fast paced competitive FPSs (Unreal and Quake) back in the day of Daggerfall and Morrowind. When I did play RPGs, it was the Baldur's Gate series. I've tried to play Oblivion and Morrowind in recent years, but I can just never get in to them, it's hard to go back in a series like that.

Just as a FYI, the the bug-reports I post, I tend reproduce the bug in multiple saves and use a minimalistic load order.

Hello everyone! I guess it's time I introduced me properly in the forum. (I've posted in the TracDown and the chat in the past.)

The username, bombastus, I stole it from Paracelsus. He's been dead for close to 500 years so he's unlikely to come and get it back. His full name was Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim. I just find that funny.

I'm mostly here for the bugs, but I also like the community thus far, small, friendly and knowledgeable.

Skyrim is actually my first TES game, I mostly played fast paced competitive FPSs (Unreal and Quake) back in the day of Daggerfall and Morrowind. When I did play RPGs, it was the Baldur's Gate series. I've tried to play Oblivion and Morrowind in recent years, but I can just never get in to them, it's hard to go back in a series like that.

Just as a FYI, the the bug-reports I post, I tend reproduce the bug in multiple saves and use a minimalistic load order.

Welcome to AFKmods :flagon::fire: