Complete Armor And Clothing Fixes... Once and for all.

Didact2401

Damn, a lot of the FP meshes are really bad. I think I'll just put up the fixes I have once I finish fixing the male heavy falmer armor and work on improved FP meshes for a separate fix pack. Ideally, all FP meshes should be created in such a way that no mesh borders are visible, ideally up to a 90* fov. Obviously that's easier said then done, but my test cast for possibility was the dwarven armor, which I succeeded with. It does require some significant adjustments of the mesh from what you have with the normal 3p mesh.

Any help on the leg seams on the falmer heavy armor would be extremely appreciated. Still can't figure it out.

Right, all identified issues fixed except for the myriad of really bad FP meshes. I've also included some shader fixes in the character assets folder. Next step is to make the FP meshes better (to see the standard I'm working towards, look at the new 1stpersonmalebody / 1stpersonfemalebody meshes as well as the dbarmor / dwarven armor fp meshes.

Doing a second pass looking for more issues as well.

Good news everybody. I'm almost done with all the world meshes. Just wrapped up fixing the imperial meshes, including that annoying leg clipping you used to get on the male imperial light armor while crouching.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, sorry about taking so long to give an update, but I'm reworking some weighting on several meshes to kill clipping issues. Also, in the change-log for 2.05 I didn't notice any changes which are pertinent to the fixes I'm making, correct?

I don't think anything you're working on will have been impacted.

I've still no idea how so many sloppy meshes were permitted into the game. Also, fixing weights is a pain in the butt. But worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after a long hiatus, I'm back to creating more fixes. Just fixed the pants clipping into the blacksmith tunic while crouching. That leaves just a few more issues I've deemed heinous enough to correct. Unfortunately, many of those issues require weight adjustments. :| I also need to integrate the fix to the farmclothes04 male outfit in 2.06. Shouldn't be difficult to do. I'll update the OP later with the current status, but the onedrive link provides access to what I have so far (and also, a copy of my personal fix list / todo list), so If you want to grab anything, feel free to do so.

*Silently weeps*

Why, Bethesda, why?

Heh, we say this ALL the time.

I plan to go through your fixes, as well as incorporate with my missing spec maps list. We're ramping up to a 2.0.7 release soon, but I don't think these are going to make it, so most likely next cycle.

Goodness gracious, weighting on the female yarl clothes 02 skirt is something else. Can't find a good way to fix it either. Guess that one will have to get shelved for the time being unless anyone has any ideas. Issue is most noticeable when crouching.

• 2 months later...

Glass armor all fixed. Think dragonscale is up next.

And to reiterate all of my work is linked in the OP - feel free to use it as you see fit.

Certainly, but if there are known issues like that you can check them. And I have gone out of my way to fix a lot of non-obvious "problems", so I hope I caught stuff like that. If not, well there's more work to do. That said, UV issues were definitely at the bottom of my list unless they were blatant.

EDIT: Just checked, and no I didn't fix that UV seam. That ticket has meshes with fixed UVs, applying them now.

I think my intention didn't become clear: i wanted to hint at the fact, that if your fixes should be included, you should better report the bugs using pictures, because otherwise nobody would even know what's inside your package, even though you descriped the issues with words

The esp in the Clothing and Armor Fixes.7z has out of order masters with regards to the unofficial patches

Easily solved with TES5Edit and sort masters, but just thought you ought to know :

After sorting they should be as per Unofficial patches recommended load order

After installing the individual mods, the following general load order needs to be followed:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[Your other ESM files]
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
[The rest of your mods]

Wrye Bash :

8cCzp1l.jpg

I think you had the unofficial patches in your load order when this was made, with all of them following all ESM's, whereas the unofficial patches are all fake ESM's now ( even though they are named ESP, they can be grouped among the ESMs .. And are supposed to be immediately following the ESM that they are patching )

Unless that is what the separate esp on its own is uploaded for to correct that issue ? ( I only downloaded the zip ) - And if that is the case, can you put a note about it in the first post so that we know which to use ( sorry if you mentioned it somewhere else )

Edit : Its nice to have another esp which fully merges in the Bashed Patch too :cool:

And found a problem which needs a change : Go and take a look at Carlotta Valentia in Whiterun market

You have not set the chest and forearm parts of the mesh to see the body skin, on Merchantclothes ( I think its torsof )

uYC2gu5.jpg

Also noticeable is the dagger she carries, the point of the dagger clipping through at the thigh, and the end of the handle comes through where the pouches are on this clothing ( underneath her forearm in this screen so you cant see it )