Chat room entry problems

MadCat221

It seems that I am unable to enter neither the AFKMods chat room or the Nexus chat room as of this post's timestamp.  Normally, there are at ten or more people in the Nexus chat room, but the counter has dwindled to just two.  However, that occupancy counter there has been misleading in the past, so it may just be me.

So it is just me, or do others find themselves getting errors upon attempts to enter either chat?

This one for sure, waiting for tech_support to help with that. I don't do Nexus so have no idea. Kinda weird they both have troubles at the same time tho :lol:

Whatever it was is fixed now. Keep in mind the actual chat service is run by IPB somewhere remote and we have no control over what happens with it. If the problem exists at their end, chances are good that anyone using the IP.Chat module will have a downed chat room.

Confirmed, it was a network error on Invision's end, it took out all the IP Chatrooms on multiple sites. Should be resolved now though it seems some folks are still having issues.

• 3 months later...

:peer:  I'm getting the same problem:

"The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave."  :trollcricket:

• 4 months later...

Lately I can't enter the Chat room.  I get an error, "The chat room has not been properly setup by the administrator (the chat room account number has not been supplied)." Is everything ok? Is it the site itself, something I did, or something on my end?

Lately I can't enter the Chat room.  I get an error, "The chat room has not been properly setup by the administrator (the chat room account number has not been supplied)." Is everything ok? Is it the site itself, something I did, or something on my end?

It's nothing you did, it's IPB itself.

It will get sorted out soon hopefully :)

Sorry if I seem impatient, I'm not. I just thought I might have done something either on my end or I offended someone. I'm always paranoid about stuff like that.   :redface:

It appears IPB broke something on their server cause a few other sites using the same software are also having problems with their chat systems.

For some reason it happened last night when the chat server was reset. After it kicked people from the room it wouldn't let us re-enter and instead gave this error: "The chat room has not been properly setup by the administrator (the chat room account number has not been supplied)."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the error "The chat room key has expired. Please notify the administrator." when I try to enter :shrug:

Erm. Not sure why, it seems to be working fine, but then I guess nobody has idled out yet :P

I noticed that the chat is also down on the Nexus and Druid Gameworks, which means it's an IPS problem again.  :wallbash:

Yep. It's down on TAL too. So very likely once the weekly reset hits, nobody gets back on until IPS fixes it.

Appears as though the chat room is broken again.

"There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator."

Edit: Seems to work again now.  :blink:  Maybe it was just me having problems.

Aaaand now apparently the chat room occupancy limit is 2.  Unless the link on the main page is misreporting by a very large margin..

The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

But... I'm the ChatBreaker... :unsure: