Question/Problem?

gulagenstein

Ok, this might be a big of a bloggy post.

I've been playing a game for AWHILE now, and have gone through a few updates on my mods. My mods are pretty much the Unofficial Patches, Safety Load, SMPC (which I've just found out isn't really jiving w/ USKP), Gildergreen/Paarthunax fix from Arthmoor, a Bag of Trash mod from the Steam workshop (because it's more up to date and works good), and a custom lesser power mod (gives me enchantment buffs basically).

I've ran into a hitch, which is really troubling me, because I don't really want to start another game. Although I'll probably have to now, considering there's conflicts between USKP and SMPC. I've just learned this, because I haven't run into any issues for a LONG time, and picked up SMPC after someone recommended it to me.

But I went back/force between Volkihar Castle Balcony and Castle Dawnguard, to push time forward a bit, after doing a massive number of quests. Main Quest, Dawnguard Quest, Crossbow upgrades, Imperial Legion, Maste Spell quests, most of the Dragon Shouts, other misc ones that pop up. I started going to the Dragon Lairs to pick up some souls, and it's working fine. Except when I go to Lost Tongue Overlook, the Dragon Soul doesn't absorb.

Now this is made stranger, by the fact that the first time I did this, it worked fine. But I goof'd something up along the way. So I went back to an older file, from like an hour before. Now when I go to the Dragon Lairs, still all good, but now Lost Tongue Overlook's dragon doesn't drop a soul.

I'm just looking for advice as to what the heck is going on.

If I'm just borked now because USKP/SMPC don't get along, and I started this game w/ SMPC and therefore need to start over. I guess that's how it goes, not really a huge deal, there's some things I wanted to do differently anyway. But if this is just some sort of oddball hiccup I can fix, I might prefer to keep running with this game until it eventually craps out.

Also, I've seen a number of memory fix mods. I've been using Safety Load for a very long time, and am really pleased with it. The only time I experience a crash is when C++ (I think, I get a Windows ding and Skyrim freezes) bugs out, which happens pretty rarely.

I used SMPC for a long time and didn't encounter any problem. Some fixes by SMPC are very good and, as far as I am concerned, played well with Unofficial patches. So I'm not sure at all that your problem is caused by SMPC. I don't know.

Sorry, I'm not a big help, I just wanted to share my past and positive experience with SMPC.

I've had the same experience, that's why I'm hoping it's just a bug of something I'm doing or something.

Because all things considered, I'd prefer to keep things as is. Aside from this random problem, everything has ran smoothly.

Well, as smoothly as one can expect w/ Skyrim.