Anyone been to Saarthal recently?

Screwball

I have - just - and got stuck. Literally.

The Load Door between Saarthal01 and Saarthal02 (0001B24D). I can't get close enough to the door to activate it.

TCL towards it and you can open it.

Does NOT happen if I load an old game, only in my current game started with USKP 2.0.1 (the release version).

DOES still happen, on my current game, if I temporarily remove USKP.

Weird or what?

I'll revert to a save prior to entering Saarthal (tomorrow) and play it through again and see what happens.

No, I haven't ever experienced that. I will be probably starting a new game in the near future, so I'll be sure to test that out.

Ok, at least it's known about. I had no idea that it was that issue to which Arthmoor was referring.

I didn't either until Hana mentioned it. According to the patch notes, the problem should be fixed now with the release of USKP 2.0.1a.

Nope, hasn't fixed it. Installed both updated patches (Skyrim/Dawnguard), revisited the location and still can't get through the door. Issue "baked in" perhaps?

I have a suitable savegame, if required.

Would loading a save from before you ever entered Saarthal or started the quest help make a difference? I don't want to play to this point and find myself in the same situation

Nope, hasn't fixed it. Installed both updated patches (Skyrim/Dawnguard), revisited the location and still can't get through the door. Issue "baked in" perhaps?

I have a suitable savegame, if required.

Play with the levers again?

Would loading a save from before you ever entered Saarthal or started the quest help make a difference? I don't want to play to this point and find myself in the same situation

Possibly. I have a save immediately prior to entering Saarthal so I could play through it again (up to that point) and see. As for a game before the quest was started, I have suitable saves, but would probably have to play it in "God Mode" as I left the quest hanging for quite some time.

As for getting stuck - use TCL move close enough to activate the door then turn it off again once you're though. PC only, of course.

Play with the levers again?

Not sure that would be of any help - neither the spikes or the gate are in the way (visually at least) - I'll give it a try.

Ok, so 2 answers.

Reverting to a savegame prior to entering Saarthal does cure it.

Reverting to a savegame saved within Saarthal does not, of itself, cure it. In my case I have a save made specifically - both chains pulled and entry is blocked. Loading that game and pulling the right-hand chain (gate, not spikes) twice (which pulls the gate down then up again) does cure it.

@PrinceShroob - How you worked that out I don't know, but it works :)