[RELz] Manor Roads

Arthmoor

manor-roads-logo.jpg

A small landscaping tweak to connect Heljarchen Hall and Lakeview Manor to the nearby main roads. Nothing particularly fancy other than it not using the standard crappy road meshes. The roads have preferred navmesh pathing so if you're using mods that allow your spouse and/or children to travel, they'll stick to a safe path instead of aimlessly wandering the wilderness.

Download Locations

AFK Mods

Installation Requirements

Official Skyrim patch 1.9.32.0.8 or greater.
Official Hearthfire DLC.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Manor Roads.esp file into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Just delete the Manor Roads.esp file. There are no scripts and no permanent data changes.

Load Order

LOOT (https://loot.github.io/) should be used for optimal placement.

Compatibility

Other mods which may alter the landscape and/or navmeshes at the two affected houses will not be compatible.

Compatible with the Hearthfire version of Thirteen Oranges' Oakwood.

Compatible with my Storefront mod.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

It is probably debatable, but I'd say it's worth being directly included in UHFP. But I also guess you're fearing flames from heavy mod users that may experience conflicts with mods altering/expanding the 3 specific manors... ?

Well another mod from the modding maestro and any description for your mods aren't necessary to read a least for your small non-advanced mods, because the title says it all does it not. :D

Figured on keeping it an exclusive.

Sounds good to me. :cookies:

It is probably debatable, but I'd say it's worth being directly included in UHFP. But I also guess you're fearing flames from heavy mod users that may experience conflicts with mods altering/expanding the 3 specific manors... ?

Yeah, it's going to conflict with Lakeview Extended for me.

The unofficial patches also don't do landscape edits for any reason since they're too much of a source of trouble.

Heh, was just thinking about Roads of Cyrodiil a few days ago and wondering where a similar mod could be incorporated in Skyrim. 

Thank you, Arth! :)

Heh, this isn't anywhere near that level though. Skyrim actually has enough proper roads between places that an RoC isn't really needed :)

• 1 month later...

Load Order

BOSS should be used for optimal placement.

Yeah how do I do that with BOSS since the Manor Roads.esp end up of being unrecognized.  Exactly where do I place it in my loadorder I mean before or after a specific mod(s).

Yeah how do I do that with BOSS since the Manor Roads.esp end up of being unrecognized.  Exactly where do I place it in my loadorder I mean before or after a specific mod(s).

That's not true, BOSS has been recognizing Manor Roads for weeks.

I just checked and no change, it is still recognized. I'm using BOSS version 2 of course, I don't know about the beta 3.

Nope not me.  I'm using the latest stable (2.1.1) and still BOSS doesn't recognized Manor Roads.esp no matter what I do.