A Bug or Not

daventry

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Pale_Lady

Thats the only Word Wall Arngier never gives me, because all the rest has some Quest leading to a Wall or Arngier gives them to me himself.

Some he doesent give at all, because they are part of other Quests the Game provide, but for some reason, Frostmere Crypt is the only place where theres no Vanilla or Radient Quest giving me a reason to go there (only by chance when you randomly pass by) or Arngier not giving me the Location at all.

Even on Solstheim Word Walls has a Quest, so please make some random Book in a Mod we find for the Pale Blade to activate or let Arngier give me the Word Location through the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

I've actually wondered about this myself. If it is the only Word of Power location that isn't given by Arngeir, I would imagine it should be added to the list, but that would be for somebody that works on the patches to decide.

Hmm...  That's odd because Arngeir have only miss that word wall location a few times in all characters I've created since day one.

I've actually wondered about this myself. If it is the only Word of Power location that isn't given by Arngeir, I would imagine it should be added to the list, but that would be for somebody that works on the patches to decide.

I'm not sure about this, but I think the only location that Arngeir will not give you is Labyrinthian as a quest location for a word wall.

Arngeir will never send you to reserved dungeons, which in general means that he will never send you to any quest-related dungeon.

Shroob is right. I forgot about those other quest-locked locations. For example: Dustman's Cairn, Snow Veil Sanctum, Saarthal, Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (Falkreath)

One of the few instances where reserving a location actually works logically :P

No, this isn't something we're going to fix since it's working as designed.

Arngeir will never send you to reserved dungeons, which in general means that he will never send you to any quest-related dungeon.

I disagree.  Why because that's exactly what Arngeir always do except for Saarthal with a few locations.  Arngeir have always sent me to High Gate Ruins, Folgunthur in that order after I finish the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest with no exceptions.

High Gate Ruins and Folgunthur are not reserved locations though.

A least Folgunthur should be a reserved location and if Arngeir sends you there then game must check if the player is a member of the College of Winterhold or not.  If not then Arngeir will never send you to Folgunthur, because it's a reserved location.

Why would Arngeir not send you to Folgunthur? The "Forbidden Legend" quest is open to anyone, and it involves Folgunthur.

Does whether or not Arngeir will send you to a particular location have anything to do with a location being a respawnable (or radiant) location? I wondered, because Folgunthur, High Gate Ruins, and Dead Men's Respite all respawn after 30 days when cleared (Arngeir will send you to these locations). On the other hand, locations like Frostmere Crypt, Saarthal, and Dustman's Cairn do not ever respawn (Arngeir will not send you to these locations). Is this what is meant by "reserved"?

Would it be possible for a "reserved" dungeon having unique NPCs with unique dialogue trees that need not be negotiated outside the relevant quest?

A quest is able move the said NPC to the dungeon for that purpose, but why can't an NPC be a permanent denizen of the locality?

To avoid these complications, the game designers would seal off access to a reserved section of the dungeon until the quest is triggered. Problem is, when a radiant quest sends one to a (slightly boring) section of a dungeon already cleared, one is tempted to go play another game.

In this case, radiant visits to a dungeon should precede quest visits, but not vice-versa.

For me, the sewers of Cyrodiil were the most interesting dungeons for the best mixture of exploration and quest. Here, a reserved section simply has a locked door. A base for something approaching a future challenge for quest designers, dungeon designers, and bug testers.

Why would Arngeir not send you to Folgunthur? The "Forbidden Legend" quest is open to anyone, and it involves Folgunthur.

It's simple because in Folgunthur you'll trigger the Forbidden Legend quest, which means that quest will direct you to quest locked location and Saarthal is one of them.  Also note that the Forbidden Legend have three dungeons to be explored before the first part of the Forbidden Legend quest is finished, because three locations has one piece of the Gauldur Amulet that Archmage Gauldur owned back in the First Era.

Folgunthur (the dead body of Daynas Valen)

Saarthal (quest locked)

Geirmund's Hall (never respawn)

Does whether or not Arngeir will send you to a particular location have anything to do with a location being a respawnable (or radiant) location? I wondered, because Folgunthur, High Gate Ruins, and Dead Men's Respite all respawn after 30 days when cleared (Arngeir will send you to these locations). On the other hand, locations like Frostmere Crypt, Saarthal, and Dustman's Cairn do not ever respawn (Arngeir will not send you to these locations). Is this what is meant by "reserved"?

What I mean by a reserved location is that Arngeir will not send you to a reserved location e.g Saarthal or to Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.

These are all cyclical arguments:

To form a definition publishable on UESP, "Reserved" must be defined under what criteria?

A part, or all of a dungeon can reserved for one or more non-radiant quests.

A part, or all of a dungeon may, or may not be bound to a quest in the time before the quest is triggered.

a part, or all of a dungeon may, or may not be bound to a faction in the time the faction takes up residence.

If more than one dungeon, (or part thereof), is bound to varying stages of the same quest, the reserved status on the dungeons (or parts thereof) will be removed only on completion of the same quest.

A part, or all of a dungeon can be reserved for the habitation of one, or more factions.

A faction related dungeon implies a quest related dungeon, but not vice-versa.

A reserved dungeon, may, or may not respawn after 30 days. (If the dungeon is not cleared in the first pass, new, leveled monsters appear in the cleared areas, but monsters in the uncleared areas can also relevel)

Post cessation of the binding quest, the dungeon, or part thereof, is no longer reserved, unless it is a faction dungeon, on the condition the faction is resident of the dungeon for the rest of the game.