Selling Silver Weapons

BlackPete

Is there any apparent reason that Silver swords/greatswords don't ever disappear from a vendor's inventory after you sell them? I sold some silver swords to several vendors (in Whiterun) and they are still in their inventories 30+ days later. Every other kind of weapon I've sold seems to disappear when a vendor's stock resets (after 48 hours or so), but the silver weapons persist indefinitely. Is this a bug or is it deliberate?

I tried to find more information about Silver weapons on UESP, but It seems to me that Silver weapons cannot be bought from vanilla vendors and you can only obtain a Silver weapon by looting a dead Silver Hand.

Thus all vanilla vendors doesn't restock them or clear their inventory after buying a Silver weapon.  I could be mistaken but I don't think so.

I tried to find more information about Silver weapons on UESP, but It seems to me that Silver weapons cannot be bought from vanilla vendors and you can only obtain a Silver weapon by looting a dead Silver Hand.

Thus all vanilla vendors doesn't restock them or clear their inventory after buying a Silver weapon.  I could be mistaken but I don't think so.

No, vendors don't ever stock them automatically (as you alluded to). It's only when you sell them that they persist in a vendor's inventory forever. I was mostly just wondering whether this is a bug and if it should be addressed. If it isn't a bug, I guess maybe I should stop looting so many of them, since you can't really permanently get rid of them.

No, vendors don't ever stock them automatically (as you alluded to). It's only when you sell them that they persist in a vendor's inventory forever.

I'm not sure if Silver weapons exist in the leveled list in-game.

Ninja'd :ninja:

It's probably because all silver weapons have a script attached to them. Vendor inventories may not be so keen on the idea of deleting such an item. If you want to confirm whether or not they can be purged, try sticking a silver sword in a respawning barrel or something and leave for 31+ days and see what happens.

If it isn't gone at that point, you can't get rid of them that way. BUT - you could get rid of them using my Storefront mod :P

It's probably because all silver weapons have a script attached to them. Vendor inventories may not be so keen on the idea of deleting such an item. If you want to confirm whether or not they can be purged, try sticking a silver sword in a respawning barrel or something and leave for 31+ days and see what happens.

If it isn't gone at that point, you can't get rid of them that way. BUT - you could get rid of them using my Storefront mod :P

Interesting.

You do know for sure how to advertise your mods don't you. :whistle:   Good one. :D

You do know for sure how to advertise your mods don't you. :whistle:   Good one. :D

I was planning on using Arthmoor's new Storefront mod pretty soon anyway, so that will probably work just fine to get rid of some silver swords.  :grin:

Also, on a closely related subject (with Silver weapons), I have noticed that during the companions questline on several quests like "Striking the Heart," where a radiant dungeon (such as Orotheim, Broken Helm Hollow, and a handful of others) is chosen to temporarily spawn Silver Hand bandits (instead of the generic bandits) that these guys carry silver weapons. The problem is that when these locations respawn (after 30 or whatever days) and the "generic bandits" return they can "sometimes" still have a silver weapon in their inventories. This could perhaps be caused by some of these bandits in these dungeons using the same exact refID when they are silver hand (as when they are generic bandits).