Hawk bug(s) - Solitude Docks

Screwball

Seems the Hawks which fly around Solitude Docks are getting a bit thin on the ground (or in the air). Killed a fair few during this game (Hawk Beaks are a rather useful ingredient) and the population has diminished drastically - presumably they are not respawning.

The bodies of the dead ones are still lying around on the docks and in the water, there are now just 7 circling above and they're out of range.

I'm aware that some shopkeepers sell them, but generally one at a time and not on every occasion which makes acquiring them in any number a long-winded process.

Bug? And if so, in which category should an issue be raised? (They're probably Critters, not Actors).

This should probably be looked into, because I thought that the issue with them not cleaning up had already been addressed with v. 1.3.0 (bug #11883), but maybe something wasn't done correctly. There is a similar issue that had to do with the Bone Hawks in Dawnguard (bug #9943). I don't know about them respawning, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't. Also, they are "Critters" rather than "Actors," according to the creation kit.

#11883 would appear (to me) to be a fix for not being able to kill them in the first place. The cleanup issue possibly/probably shouldn't have been raised in there as it's not the primary issue. I can kill them just fine (when they get low enough to hit) - I'm just running out of them ;)

Not using DG yet in this game so I've not come across any Bone Hawk issues.

I'll raise an issue later - looks like "Items" is the place for it :)