Unused Keywords and Magic effects

VaultDuke

Hey there,

I was wondering if it was possible to set up my mod Bound armory, that adds new bound weapons and new damage scaling, in a way, that allows others to hook right into it. basically i assign a keyword to the bound weapons that handles the damage scaling and i have one specific magic effect in use for anything else (currently magicka absorption).

now if i understand it correctly, instead of using new keywords and magic effects, if i switch to unused vanilla ones (and modify them to my liking in the case of the magic effect), that would allow weapon/mesh creator to set up bound versions of their weaons themselves, that could benefit from the damage rebalance of bound armory, whithout someone having to tediously make a patch.

so, to pull this off, is there a list somewhere, of keywords, magic effects and/or item enchantments that exist but are unused ingame? or is there a function/place in CK or TES5Edit to find this out (aside from checking each entry individually that is)

best Regards

Gruftlord

p.s.: i know it might be doable with injected references, but i want to keep that as a last resort

ok, silly me. i found it in CK, simpy sort by number of users. i need one further confirmation though: all those without a user, can i savelly assume they also are not used by any vanilla scripts, that might use them in some way? is the CK able to see and count those uses, too?

It will report keyword use in properties on scripts, but won't report anything used by GetFormFromFile(0 (though given that it would be a vanilla keyword, I doubt one would use that command to have access to it).