[Relz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

Version 1.1.7

Please Note: CRF 1.1.7 is the final version that uses only the USKP as master that will be supported. No further updates will be made to this branch! All future support will be for the Legendary Edition ONLY.

Orthorn is not essential so his room should not get activated in the College of Winterhold if he's dead before the time comes.

It's possible to get more than 1 Briarheart Geis as it respawns with the Briarheart that it's equipped to.

Edit: Posted to tracdown

A specific place, not terribly far from the stronghold.

At a hunters camp near the road in the hot springs, before you get to the giant camp.

Would it be possible for the named NPCs there were added by Cutting Room Floor such as Grushnag, Uglarz, Mithorpa Nasyal as well as the cut Heljarchen NPCs to have their own graves, coffins and urns especially for those that have both of those awesome Cutting Room Floor and Bring Out Your Dead mods active?

It bugs me that when Mithorpa Nasyal died due to a WI where he was killed by wolves or a sabrecat (I remember seeing him dead on his porch with dead wolves and a dead sabrecat also in the area) that he disappeared without leaving a grave even though I have both mods active and he doesn't have urn or coffin in Whiterun for him either.

• 1 month later...

Quest: The Missing Apprentices

On Yisra's corpse, she has 2 Yisra's necklaces in her inventory. Phinis actually took both of them when I turned it in.

(CRF Legendary version 2.0.0)

Just a small remark about rieklings dubbings I submitted in post 202 : I think I found a much better voice actor than me.

Look at this mod, and more specifically the 5th video. Pretty convincing, don't you think ? :D

BTW, is this Guinolas the one composing musics for Witanlore ?

On Yisra's corpse, she has 2 Yisra's necklaces in her inventory. Phinis actually took both of them when I turned it in.

LMAO Arth has been battling this one for forever, he'll be thrilled to know it's back.

Already did all I can there. It'll have to do.

Just a small remark about rieklings dubbings I submitted in post 202 : I think I found a much better voice actor than me.

Look at this mod, and more specifically the 5th video. Pretty convincing, don't you think ? :D

BTW, is this Guinolas the one composing musics for Witanlore ?

Yes, that's the same Guinolas who is working on Witanlore :P He'd probably be quite happy to record the needed lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 2.0.0

Converted to Legendary Edition. All future support will be on this branch ONLY.

Added road signs to various intersections near Stonehills and Heljarchen for the two villages.
Enabled the "Mourning" quest which was blocked from running despite the dialogue being completely intact. When an NPC loses a friend or loved one, they may mourn the loss for a set amount of time before resuming their usual schedule.
Fixed an issue with Orthorn's room not enabling if there were conflicting edits to Eye of Magnus (MG08).
Orthorn is not essential so his room should not get activated in the College of Winterhold if he's dead before the time comes.
Hern will now be enabled by default so that he and Hert can both access their unique dialogue for when he's around. Killing him prior to the Dark Brotherhood contract was already accounted for by Bethesda.
Nightgate Inn can now be chosen by the game as a possible place for Sam to show up for A Night To Remember.
Missing Apprentices will now be started via a notice pinned to the doorways in each of the major halls of the College. This resolves issues with the recorded dialogue not playing for some people.
The script controlling Animal Pelt Collection (CR03) has been optimized so that it no longer uses a continuously updating script polling the game every 10 seconds. The counting method for getting pelts for Aela also properly handles dropping them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Arthmoor,

I'm not sure if this has been reported to you yet or not.

There seems to be a clipping issue with one of the CRF versions of Rolof's cuirass in the initial wagon cart ride.

unbenanntdyywb.png

Image from the STEP forums - poster mentioned with the image "Just ignore that body stump in the foreground, that belongs to another bug (Enhanced Camera?) I try to solve and only occurs during the intro scene. Probably not connected to STEP itself as I first noticed it after installing Live another Life and the first mods of REGS (back then it only happened when getting off the cart) and it got worse after finishing the REGS installation (see screenshot)."

Please see this post on the STEP forums - discussion continues through to the next page in the thread, with kryptopyr confirming it is a likely CRF issue, and suggesting someone report it to you.

A couple of the more meaningful posts:

Ralof uses the MQ101StormcloakPrisonerOutfit [OTFT:000FE535], which is changed by CRF to use a leveled list (CRFArmorStormcloakCuirass [LVLI:0302D151]) in place of the regular ArmorStormcloakCuirass item.

The CRFArmorStormcloakCuirass leveled list includes two items: ArmorStormcloakCuirass [ARMO:000A6D7B] and ArmorStormcloakCuirassSleeves [ARMO:000AD5A0].  This means that with CRF installed there will be a 50% chance that Ralof will be wearing the version with sleeves instead of the regular stormcloak cuirass.  

I am looking at just CRF, though.  I did not compare the records on a full STEP install, so I'm not sure whether STEP is using another mod that might overwrite this change and therefore explain why Tech and Shariss haven't seen the sleeved version (other than perhaps they've just been extremely lucky?).

The leveled list in question here is added by CRF, so the only changes that would get "bashed" would be possible changes from a patch designed for CRF.  Removing the second cuirass from the CRF leveled list would not be the best way to fix this unless you want to remove the sleeved version entirely.

A bashed patch won't combine edits to outfit records, so a file editing the outfit will win or lose based simply on load order. 

I agree that reporting this to Arthmoor would be best.

I have experienced this myself. Obviously not a huge issue, but I thought I would bring it to your attention anyway.

Thanks for all the amazing work you have done on Cutting Room Floor. A modded Skyrim wouldn't be the same without CRF!

Cheers,

Nebulous

Well that's annoying, and something I didn't notice because I rarely mess with the Helgen start enough to know :P

It looks like the sleeved version of the cuirass is built strangely. It has an extra group of stuff for the skirt and looks like it's missing some rigging bones. Not sure if that's easily fixed or if it would be easier for someone to grab the original and just extend the armor along the arms.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what Betheada is doing over there when stuff like this comes up.

Well that's annoying, and something I didn't notice because I rarely mess with the Helgen start enough to know :P

It looks like the sleeved version of the cuirass is built strangely. It has an extra group of stuff for the skirt and looks like it's missing some rigging bones. Not sure if that's easily fixed or if it would be easier for someone to grab the original and just extend the armor along the arms.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what Betheada is doing over there when stuff like this comes up.

Lol, errors probably introduced on a Friday afternoon. Or maybe someone was hungover on Monday morning. ;-)

Thanks for looking into this, Arthmoor.

• 1 month later...

I noticed yesterday that Mithorpa's house key opens the Barleydark farmhouse door. So, I have a typo suggestion : Mithorpa's House Key -> BarleyDark Farmhouse Key

I also noticed that Mithorpa, his cow and all his chickens were dead, with a smilodon (or wolf ? :huh: I don't remember) corpse at the place. Is there a critter spawn marker close to this area ? Or is it intended ? (as Ulfric may mention 'We want compensation for the massacre at Barleydark Farm.' at the peace council)

There may be a predator spawn somewhere nearby. I thought I moved them far enough out but maybe not. Also possible they could have been there from spawning before.

I can change the farmhouse key to match, no biggie. As for the massacre, I'd like to have something like that trigger everything on the farm to be dead and stuff but fiddling with the Peace Conference is as bad as fiddling with the rest of the war. If I can find a way to do it and make it LOOK like the place got hit, I certainly will though.

I visited Barleydark farm today and saw it get attacked by wolves twice in the span of a few minutes, so it's definitely got a predator problem.

Also the pillar puzzle near Barleydark Farm didn't work for me, is there any chance CRF broke it or did I do something dumb?

EDIT: Farm. Not fark. I can write.

Also the pillar puzzle near Barleydark Fark didn't work for me [...]

It worked perfectly fine for me. The required symbols are on the close stones. 2 of them are partly damaged, but the symbols are still visible in the rock fragments on the ground

I'll check the predator positioning and adjust as needed. Or maybe I'll give the guy a couple of dogs or something to help defend the farm :P (nothing says he couldn't have them)

The nearby puzzle should be unaffected as CRF didn't edit anything to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1

New Content:

Omen of Warding and Stop Rune powers restored to the game on Solstheim.
Pack spiders have been restored to the game.
Crafting recipes have been added to Neloth's staff enchanting station for the Staff of Frost Rune, Staff of Fire Rune, Staff of Shock Rune, and Staff of Fade Other.
Malkus will now carry the "Letter from Harkon" note.
Vampire armor outfits will now include the Vampire Gauntlets that were never used.
Barleydark Farm now has a pair of dogs living there to help defend against potential predators.

Bugs Fixed:

Aleuc used a voice type that had no lines recorded for the blacksmith dialogue.
A signpost group with one of the new Heljarchen signs on it needed to be moved to match placement with Point The Way. (Bug #19799)
Runil's quest needed some stray conditions removed to allow the dialogue to complete properly. (Bug #19520)
The Briarheart at Lost Valley Redoubt should not respawn as he was only intended to be there once to provide access to the Briarheart Geis. (Bug #19519)
It was possible for Mikael's restored scene to start with him upstairs and out of earshot. (Bug #19495)
An invalid description was removed from DragonhideScroll since the underlying effect has the correct text. (Bug #19349)
The key to Barleydark Farmhouse should be labeled as Barleydark Farmhouse Key.