[Relz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

Another typo -- subtitle doesn't match the audio:

WhiterunStablesScene:

Subtitle: Like to see him laugh his way out that.

Audio: Like to see him laugh his way out of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Gioven that there are two unsued beds in the College of winterhold, would it be possible to put the cut college guard NPcs as using those beds?

He's already set to use it with the next update, along with sandboxing part of his schedule in the sitting room next to the bed I've assigned.

Ahh, cool, always found it odd there are two unsued beds in the college.

Another thing I was thinking of, unsued scenes in the CK for the "staff of Magnus" quest show that the ghost of Savos Aren was supposed to follow the player, at least partially, through the labrythian ruins and comment on not only the other ghostly visions the player sees, but also add some more detials on some of his friend's deaths.

I admittadly dont knw how to use the CK to save my life, but beyond these leftover scenes, is there anything left on this cut part of the quest? and if so, is it pobbily to add it back in? Or could that possibly cause a slaughterifsh ton of bugs?

I've looked at those Savos scenes already. They weren't recorded in his ghost voice so they're not suitable to use for that part of the quest.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.0.7

The CarryActorScript setup was missing from one of the farmers at Frost River Farm.
Supply Line would not mark the journal as completed when finished. It also should have been marked as a Miscellaneous quest so it wouldn't have empty journal entries showing in the log.
The unused College Guard has been added at the College of Winterhold. He'll now patrol the grounds, as well as stand watch during part of Revealing the Unseen and Containment.
Restored a line of dialogue for Barbas in A Daedra's Best Friend (DA03) where you can ask him why Vile kicked him out.

• 2 weeks later...

The spell tome for Fade Other has a value of 80 whereas the stock spell tome for Invisibility is 625

I'm thinking that it may be a typo and you meant 800 since it is a higher level spell.

Heh, it was more laziness than anything. It was copied from another form somewhere, but 800 sounds good to me.

Cutting Room Floor overwrites faction changes made by UDGP to DLC1EncVampire00TemplateBoss and DLC1EncVampire01TemplateBoss

That would not be possible considering those are DLC forms and Cutting Room Floor does not currently edit any DLC content - and wouldn't have any reason to touch those two templates anyway even if it did.

Two more suggestions for CRF:

Guard Dialogue Overhaul, (besides changing the frequency of dialogue) also mentioned unlocking dialogue that was never used, something that might be worth looking into.

True Alteration Armor Visuals mentioned that there appeared to be different visuals for the alteration spells floating around in the CK that could be restored

Guard Dialogue Overhaul, (besides changing the frequency of dialogue) also mentioned unlocking dialogue that was never used, something that might be worth looking into.

IIRC the unofficial patches already restore all the broken guard dialog.

IIRC the unofficial patches already restore all the broken guard dialog.

Ah yes, you appear to be correct.

Some more ideas, (when will it end?!?):

• Circle of Vitality: Incomplete spell that appears in the CK
  • Sild the warlock appears to have been intended to have a staff called "sild's staff"
  • Alternative ebony blade (version that is described in Admonition against Ebony, enemies don't register attacks as such) is never unlocked. Dialogue from Mephala seems to hint that this was intended, (line about blade not matching its description). This might be considered a legit bug though.
  • Habd's Death Letter: Probably supposed to go with his corpse in Frostflow Lighthouse
  • Letter from Jon: Counterpart to Letter from Olfina for blackmailing Jon in "Missing in Action"
  • Letter to Vals Veran: Probably supposed to be in Vals Veran's inventory in Hillgrund's tomb
  • Mzinchaleft Guard's note: Probably supposed to go in the ruin somewhere or on one of the guards
  • Letter from Harkon: Probably supposed to be carried by Malkus, (possible UDGP candidate like falmer crown?)
  • Shalidor's Insights, Magicka: I'm pretty sure this was left out as a potential reward from the relevant quest.

A few more thoughts; the Briarheart Geis is curently disenchantable for its bonus damage against Nords. These doesn't seem like an enchantment that should be able to be learned (like Wuuthrad's enchantment against elves).

Also, the college guard restored to the college of Winterhold uses a lot of the negative lines about magic, (go cast your fancy magic somewhere else, etc.). I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems kind of out of place for someone who's guarding a place where people come to study magic :P

• 2 weeks later...

-- I noticed several dialogue topics (involving Faralda) that I suspect may not have been implemented in the game, at least from what I can tell. If they were cut, perhaps you might be interested in seeing if they could be added to CRF.

Edit: Turns out this dialogue can't be used, because it wouldn't make much sense given the circumstances in which it is used.

MG01FaraldaInitialBranchTopic:
Welcome to the College of Winterhold. I am Faralda, one of the senior Wizards here.
I trust you found your journey to Winterhold not entirely unpleasant.
Now, I must advise you that if your only purpose in being here is to complain, you would be far better off speaking with the Jarl of Winterhold.
If, however, you seek something more, I will be happy to assist you.

Is there some way I can assist you?

MG01FaraldaInitResponse2: Why would I want to complain about the College?
It is no great secret that we have been unjustly blamed for a great many things over the years.
The good people of Skyrim on occasion would rather pass judgment than attempt to understand what we do here.
Thus we must take certain precautions in order to secure our safety.

MG01FaraldaLocalProblemsBranchTopic: Are there many problems with the locals?
No, not recently at least.
We don't mistake that for acceptance, though. Odds are they're simply too afraid to confront us directly.
And most of us are quite satisfied with that.

Version 1.0.8

Minor subtitle typo fixed in the Whiterun stables scene.
The spell tome for Fade Other should have been valued at 800 instead of 80 since it's a more powerful extension of Invisibility.
The Vault of the Vigilants did not have the key assigned to it.
The Briarheart Geis needed MagicDisallowEnchanting added. It also did not have its critical damage value set.
"Mzinchaleft Guard's Note" has been placed outside Maluril's door.
"Habd's Death Letter" has been added in Frostflow Abyss.
Sild's Staff has been given to him in Rannveig's Fast. The dunRannveigSummonGhost enchantment also needed the base cost corrected downward and the magic keywords attached. If you've already been there and killed him, the staff will be sitting on a table near his work area.
Circle of Vitality has been completed and added to the game. It will become available when the Restoration Ritual is completed.
Two of the Saarthal Miners have been added to the game. Restoring the other 4 would have been silly as they are simply clones of the two that have been placed. Plus the Saarthal Excavation just doesn't have room for that many NPCs.
Stormcloak Cuirass (sleeved version) has been added to the leveled lists for Stormcloak gear.

Version 1.0.8

Minor subtitle typo fixed in the Whiterun stables scene.

The spell tome for Fade Other should have been valued at 800 instead of 80 since it's a more powerful extension of Invisibility.

The Vault of the Vigilants did not have the key assigned to it.

The Briarheart Geis needed MagicDisallowEnchanting added. It also did not have its critical damage value set.

"Mzinchaleft Guard's Note" has been placed outside Maluril's door.

"Habd's Death Letter" has been added in Frostflow Abyss.

Sild's Staff has been given to him in Rannveig's Fast. The dunRannveigSummonGhost enchantment also needed the base cost corrected downward and the magic keywords attached. If you've already been there and killed him, the staff will be sitting on a table near his work area.

Circle of Vitality has been completed and added to the game. It will become available when the Restoration Ritual is completed.

Two of the Saarthal Miners have been added to the game. Restoring the other 4 would have been silly as they are simply clones of the two that have been placed. Plus the Saarthal Excavation just doesn't have room for that many NPCs.

Stormcloak Cuirass (sleeved version) has been added to the leveled lists for Stormcloak gear.

Fantastic update, thanks for all the hard work!

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.9

The village of Heljarchen has been restored to the game at the intended area around Nightgate Inn. (Bug #17155)
Aleuc, missing blacksmith in Stonehills, has been restored to the game along with his house. (Bug #17156)
Letter to Vals Veran was added in Hillgrunds Tomb.
Imperial War Horn was added to General Tullius' quarters.
Nord War Horn was added to Ulfric's quarters.
Several floating and/or embedded objects in Maden-Loom Manor have been fixed. (Bug #17209)
Some floating and/or embedded objects in Frost River Meadery have been fixed. (Bug #17218)
Restored the fortify magicka scroll reward that was left out for Shalidor's Insights.
Several articles of clothing that were not added to leveled lists are now available.

Just an fyi: i seem to recall that those unenchanted college robes had unfitting ground (and possibly 1st person) textures. For my own (private) item distribution mod i decided to add the template items of the enchanted robes instead, which share the same 3rd person mesh as the college robes but do not suffer from the other issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1

The two Sarthaal miners sometimes get themselves stuck behind the gate used for the quest. Their AI radius has been reduced and the center marker moved further up. (Bug #17342)
Updated the script controlling the extra hunters for Ill Met By Moonlight (DA05) so they will show up in the proper places. (Bug #17441)
Uglarz has a dialogue topic that is no longer appropriate to use if Chief Mauhulakh is dead. (Bug #17809)
Uglarz has two dialogue topics that are no longer appropriate to use if Urog is dead. (Bug #17810)
Chief Mauhulakh has two hello topics that are no longer appropriate to use if Uglarz is dead. (Bug #17811)
Bolar has a hello topic that is no longer appropriate to use if Chief Mauhulakh and/or Uglarz are dead. (Bug #17812)
Yatul has a hello topic that is no longer appropriate to use if Chief Mauhulakh and/or Uglarz are dead. (Bug #17813)
Urog has two hello topics that are no longer appropriate to use if Uglarz is dead. (Bug #17814)
Dushnamub has a hello topic that is no longer appropriate to use if Chief Mauhulakh, Uglarz, Bolar, or Yatul are dead. (Bug #17815)
Dushnamub has a hello topic that is no longer appropriate to use if Chief Mauhulakh or Uglarz are dead. (Bug #17816)
Merged necessary quest fix for Rannveig's Fast from USKP 2.0.7.