[RELz] Provincial Courier Service

Arthmoor

I'm aware, but not much I can do about that. Not going to change the text as that would just lead to confusion. People can just live with it sticking out a bit :P

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have plans to port this over? It really is one of those nice small touches.

Being a MCM mod requires SKSE and AFAIK the development for SKSE64 has just begun.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have to report both a bug and its associated fix.

First, I have to point that I'm using the latest v4.1.3 on SSE and that it's working absolutly flawlessly...

However, I'm using the v2.0.0 for Oldrim and I always faced a strange bug: the courier remains forever stuck at the same spot in front of his house and doesn't process any sandbox AI package, even when manually applying disable/enable and recycleactor console commands. I never found any explanation nor solution and that led me to just uninstall the mod, so I can't say if the other AI packages are ok. I just reinstalled Oldrim and inspected again the issue, tried various things and discovered something that I wasn't aware of.

The courier (base NPC ref 00039F83) has 3 active AI packages:

• ArthPCScourierSandboxOffice
  • ArthPCScourierReturnToOffice
  • ArthPCScourierSandboxOutdoors

I noticed that both the CK and xEdit allow to change the order they are "applied". So, I put the 3rd package in 1st position and... IT WORKS!!! The courier properly wanders around the house, eats, cuts wood, repairs the house. I didn't check if the other packages are affected, but I'm not really playing Oldrim anymore...

My assumption (please correct me if I'm wrong) is just that the Oldrim AI packages processing is a bit different and applies priorities to AI packages, matching the order you set them. The strange thing is that (as said at the beginning of this post) I don't have to apply this trick to SSE as the mod is already working flawlessly out-of-the-box...

I'm not sure why you have the 3 packages in the order you've posted them. That's wrong. It should be like this:

ARTHPCSCourierReturnToOffice [PACK:05001E1C]
ARTHPCSCourierSandboxOutdoors [PACK:05004577]
ARTHPCSCourierSandboxOffice [PACK:050018B7]

Return to office only runs when he's been out to deliver something to you in person and you've taken the packages from him.

The outdoor package has a time schedule on it that starts at 6am and runs for 840 game minutes. This one will fail to function if anything loading after the mod has undone the location data changes to his cell.

The office package is his default which runs when nothing else does and will keep him indoors until one of the other 2 packages is ready.

With the arrangement you posted he should be stuck permanently inside his office and would never go anywhere even if he had packages to deliver.

As far as the order in which packages process, it's the same in both versions of the game. Top down as listed in xEdit/CK.

Well, maybe I messed with the order. Honestly, I can't remember exactly. I can however confirm that I had to change the order. I don't say anything is wrong with the mod (working flawlessly in SSE, btw). I just reported my "discovery".