A couple minor bugs (issues)

BlackPete

(1)

I was wondering whether these two books should have the save book cover art (it would be any easy "fix")? They are in the same series.

Book0BlackArrowV1 (The Black Arrow, v1) -- World/Inventory Art = BasicBook04a
SkillMarksman5 (The Black Arrow, v2) -- World/Inventory Art = BasicBook07

By the way: I've noticed the USKP has done this for several other book series, such as The Wolf Queen (v. 1-8) and Palla, book 1 & 2.

(2)

I was also wondering whether this grammar error can (or should) be fixed with WE34Note? See screenshot here.

Solved and submitted as Tracdown issue #14083.

(2)

Mammoths teleporting up and down (in the air). See screenshots: #1 ; #2

Is this an engine issue like the giants clubbing NPC or the player character 10,000 feet into the air? Update: Likely game engine issue, probably can't be fixed.

For the note's grammar, the text could be changed to read "As s/he is an enemy of the Thalmor, and has actively disrupted our activities and caused great harm, if spotted, you are to destroy…"

Tracdown ate my submission, so I figured I'd post another minor bug here - Alfhild has a "hello" dialogue with an incorrect condition.  If you use Find Text on "Jon had" and go to the matching dialogue under DialogueWhiterun, you'll see she talks about her brother Jon and mentions he's dead, but GetDead checks against a value of 0 instead of 1.

animals falling from the sky is a common problem. i see it with elks and sabre cats, too. it seems to be an engine issue related to the spawning and/or cell loading.

Tracdown ate my submission, so I figured I'd post another minor bug here - Alfhild has a "hello" dialogue with an incorrect condition.  If you use Find Text on "Jon had" and go to the matching dialogue under DialogueWhiterun, you'll see she talks about her brother Jon and mentions he's dead, but GetDead checks against a value of 0 instead of 1.

I heard her say this once too and Jon was standing right over in the market. Perhaps that dialogue should just be removed completely (or removed unless he is actually dead).

animals falling from the sky is a common problem. i see it with elks and sabre cats, too. it seems to be an engine issue related to the spawning and/or cell loading.

I figured it was something to do with the engine, because otherwise I'm sure it would have been fixed by now, given that is a fairly common issue, especially with mammoths.

I've got pictures of a hoe high in the air. So it's not just animate objects.

I've even had the problem with the player alighting from the carriage. Suddenly, I'm hundreds of feet in the air, and the cell below me is detaching. It has only happened a few times in 10 months, but seems to happen where the ground is relatively rough. There's something in the havoc engine that detects even a minor collision and pushes too hard.

(1)

I was wondering whether these two books should have the save book cover art (it would be any easy "fix")? They are in the same series.

Book0BlackArrowV1 (The Black Arrow, v1) -- World/Inventory Art = BasicBook04a

SkillMarksman5 (The Black Arrow, v2) -- World/Inventory Art = BasicBook07

By the way: I've noticed the USKP has done this for several other book series, such as The Wolf Queen (v. 1-8) and Palla, book 1 & 2.

What about the first issue (the books) that I mentioned in my OP? Does anybody think that this should be changed? Or is it best left alone? I'm not always a good judge of what or what should not be put into the USKP, so any comments are welcome.

No need to remove the dialogue completely.  That one change to replace a 0 with a 1 will fix the problem.

You're right, that would be a better solution.

What about the first issue (the books) that I mentioned in my OP? Does anybody think that this should be changed? Or is it best left alone? I'm not always a good judge of what or what should not be put into the USKP, so any comments are welcome.

Well, I'm the guy who fixed the other books you mentioned. But book 2 is a skill book in both Oblivion and Skyrim and has a different cover in both. While book 1 is a skill book only in Oblivion.

I have to admit I like sets to look alike on bookshelves.

Well, I'm the guy who fixed the other books you mentioned. But book 2 is a skill book in both Oblivion and Skyrim and has a different cover in both. While book 1 is a skill book only in Oblivion.

I have to admit I like sets to look alike on bookshelves.

I agree, but I'll leave it for you or others to decide if it should be changed, so I don't make an unnecessary tracdown report for something that Arthmoor wouldn't want in the USKP.

Regarding Garakh, the orc blacksmith, at Largashbur; was there ever any indication that she should be a vendor and buy/sell weapons and armor? The reason I wondered was there is an orc blacksmith at the other Orc Strongholds in Skyrim that will buy/sell weapons.

Edit: it appears as though (from looking through the change log) that this was supposed to be fixed in USKP v. 1.2.5, however, I have been unable to get the "necessary dialogue" to barter with her to come up, even after completing "The Cursed Tribe" quest. I do have Arthmoor's "Run for Your Lives", "When Vampires Attack", and "Bring Out Your Dead" mods in my game, but I don't think these should be interfering, plus I was having this issue even before installing those mods into my latest game.

Added as TracDown Issue: #14111 

Edit: Arthmoor updated this issue to "fixed" for USKP v. 2.0.1 (on 11/17/13)