A small problem and a Question

daventry

Im trying to Download the Unofficial Shiviring Isle Patch, but the link says i must first finish downloading the other thing, what other thing, im not downloading anything, can Arthmoor fix it please.

I want to Download the Unofficial Oblivion Patch when i saw 2 Files, so whats this and must i also download it: QTP3 UOP342 Compatibility Patch.7z

I don't even know what you're talking about. Fix what? If it's happening on Nexus you need to take it up with Nexus admins. None of us have any control over how their download system works. The Oblivion patches aren't even available for download here.

• 10 years later...

Hello, I am Renee, and I am new here. Used to post in the original Bethesda forums, etc. 

I don't see a "Quick Questions / Quick Answers" thread at this site, so I'm bumping this one. Because I've got a small problem, which can maybe be resolved with a quick question + answer. :) I could ask this question at Nexus too, but I'm trying AFK for something different. This is about Activators in Oblivion's Construction Set. Levers, push blocks, and so on. 

Question: Are there any activators which allow a 2-way interaction? In other words, I push the activator once, and this causes a script to trigger, doing A. Press it a second time, and now it does B. I am trying to make an activator which turns lights on and off, basically. Like a light switch here on Earth. Something like this... 

--------------------------

scriptname aaaLightActivatorScript

Short DoOnce

Begin OnActivate

If (DoOnce == 0)
   aaaLightMarkerRef.Enable
    Set DoOnce to 1
EndIf

If (DoOnce == 1)
    aaaLightMarkerRef.Disable
  Set DoOnce to 0
EndIf

End

--------------------------------------------

The script above works one time (turning lights on) but not a second time. However, I have found activators in Fallout 3 which allow that same script to work both ways, enabling but also disabling the light markers. Which leads me to believe Beth hardcoded FO3's activator to work both ways, but the activators for OBlivion only work one way: opening a door or a panel just once. 

Hmm, maybe not such a quick question. :whistle:

Edited by Renee G

Most vanilla buttons in Oblivion do something different on repeted activations. Example: push blocks in Ayleid  ruins or levers in fort ruins controlling doors. Activate once - door opens, activate again - door closes, etc. So you could look at their scripts.

As for your example script above, try this:

Short DoOnce

Begin OnActivate

If (DoOnce == 0)
    aaaLightMarkerRef.Enable
    Set DoOnce to 1
else
    Set DoOnce to 0
EndIf

End

Yah I don't know what the problem is. The activator + script actually does work, just that one time. But repeated activations don't yield any results. :shrug: Don't know. Works fine in Fallout 3 with their VaultActivator01... and I feel like I've gotten it work in Oblivion before. So I dunno. 

For now I've come up with a workaround. Still, the original idea boggles! ARgh!!! 

Well, try this:

Begin OnActivate

If aaaLightMarkerRef.GetDisabled
    aaaLightMarkerRef.Enable
else
EndIf

End