Weird reanimation glitch with raise dead spells

BlackPete

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this before, but in random circumstances, when an NPC such as a necromancer or vampire casts a re-animation spell on a corpse, it glows as if it is being re-animated, but fails to stand up. I started noticing this after the official 1.9 patch came out. It still happens with the Unofficial Patches installed too.

Here is a screenshot that shows an example of this.

Here is another screenshot that shows an example of this.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether this is something that I should make a tracdown report about. If someone with the UP project could take a look at the saved game and/or screenshots (if or when time permits), I would appreciate it.  Or, if you would rather that I post this as a tracdown issue, please let me know and I will do so.

That has all the hallmarks of an engine bug making it unlikely that we'd be able to fix it. I didn't look at your savegame as I've seen it happen in my own game too and, from what I can tell, it seems to happen to random NPCs. I haven't really investigated the issue, but, because of its randomness, I've just classed it as an engine bug. It is rather rare.

That has all the hallmarks of an engine bug making it unlikely that we'd be able to fix it. I didn't look at your savegame as I've seen it happen in my own game too and, from what I can tell, it seems to happen to random NPCs. I haven't really investigated the issue, but, because of its randomness, I've just classed it as an engine bug. It is rather rare.

Thanks for letting me know. I figured that there was a good possibility that this was the case.