Spriggans and Spriggan Sap

BlackPete

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I have always wondered why Spriggans don't drop Spriggan Sap when you kill them. I'm pretty sure the official game guide stated that they were supposed to, but then for some reason the developers decided to only have them drop taproot as loot. This would probably not be something that would be appropriate for the USKP to address, but I just wondered what other people's thoughts are on this.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just now realized this was being added to v. 2.0.

To me, Spriggan sap is sort of like their blood.

If the game guide says they should have it, it's something the USKP should do.

If the game guide says they WOULD have had it, but it was dropped as a design decision for some reason of balance etc, then maybe it's not something the USKP should do.

But maybe all Spriggans should have Taproot, and the different levels of Spriggan, Mother, Matron etc should have Spriggan Sap with a 30, 50 and 70% chance if it is a very useful ingredient. Something like that?

Or a 35% chance, plus 1% per player level?

~.~

To me, Spriggan sap is sort of like their blood.

If the game guide says they should have it, it's something the USKP should do.

If the game guide says they WOULD have had it, but it was dropped as a design decision for some reason of balance etc, then maybe it's not something the USKP should do.

But maybe all Spriggans should have Taproot, and the different levels of Spriggan, Mother, Matron etc should have Spriggan Sap with a 30, 50 and 70% chance if it is a very useful ingredient. Something like that?

Or a 35% chance, plus 1% per player level?

~.~

That is a good idea. I'm not sure how they're planning to handle this now that it's being addressed by the USKP 2.0.0.

Yes, I didn't notice your comment in the OP that it was already done.

If it's already in, it's in. I don't know if the new version is released yet, I've not looked.

But if anyone can script something like a variable chance of 35% +1% per player level, it's the USKP team. In fact, I suspect it just needs something in the levelled lists for Spriggans, so the chance of a Spriggan Sap drop becomes 100% for a very high level character.

Actually, 33% +1% per player level might be better.

~.~

Edit. I'd like to say don't delete this tread - lock it if you like, but I'd like to hear from the USKP team what they think of the idea.

Yes, I didn't notice your comment in the OP that it was already done.

If it's already in, it's in. I don't know if the new version is released yet, I've not looked.

But if anyone can script something like a variable chance of 35% +1% per player level, it's the USKP team. In fact, I suspect it just needs something in the levelled lists for Spriggans, so the chance of a Spriggan Sap drop becomes 100% for a very high level character.

Actually, 33% +1% per player level might be better.

~.~

Edit. I'd like to say don't delete this tread - lock it if you like, but I'd like to hear from the USKP team what they think of the idea.

The new version is still in beta and Arthmoor stated it will be for a good portion of the remainder of this month. You're right, maybe this thread should stay open. I just was trying to make sure I that didn't open an unnecessary discussion into something that was being fixed, but I suppose the fact that this in the General Discussion section means it will be fine to continue to discuss this topic.

Note to Admin: no need to lock or close this thread after all, unless you think it's necessary.

The Spriggan Sap was added to Spriggan's death list in USKP 2.0. Death lists are all or nothing type of things, so now every killed spriggan will drop spriggan sap, but there aren't that many of them in the game.