Feedback thread

Leonardo

It's already there, just in a different spot because it appears to be a skin level thing. Click on "See My Activity" and you should have a link on the left to bring up files etc.

6 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

It's already there, just in a different spot because it appears to be a skin level thing. Click on "See My Activity" and you should have a link on the left to bring up files etc.

Yep, I found it.  The "See My Activity" button is on the right and the Files option is under the Download section.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the big Activity button at the top right of the board, its probably been around a while but I hadn't used it before.

I have been thinking for a while the site could maybe do with rearranging sub topics a little, because many a time I come here and wonder if anyone has posted in any topics I might miss ..

Activity button is excellent for catching up on any new posts in sub-topics which may be followed by a more recent post in another sub-topic within the same sub-forum which occupies the only slot for most recent post

Just minutes ago I reinstalled SSE and wanted to ensure myself that every mod I want to play was the latest, so I stop by here first and took a look at the LAL mod.

In IPS 3.x one could easily list all files a modder has uploaded by clicking on the author's name, but in IPS 4 that seems to be removed or maybe changed.  Where do I go in order to list all files a member has uploaded?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it and it's easier than one may think.  Just below the author's name you'll see the "Find their other files" text then click on it and all mods for one modder will be listed.

Edited by Leonardo

I would say the preview feature in the post editor is bugged, because I dunno how to go back to normal after previewing a post I've written and wanted to check just how it looks like before submitting my post.

Erm. For one, I don't see any preview function. As far as I've ever known, IPB 4 doesn't even have one.

For another, I have no X in the upper right corner of the post box, and I also don't have the 3 buttons you have on the right for desktop, tablet, or phone. I feel like I'm missing something here :P

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Erm. For one, I don't see any preview function. As far as I've ever known, IPB 4 doesn't even have one.

For another, I have no X in the upper right corner of the post box, and I also don't have the 3 buttons you have on the right for desktop, tablet, or phone. I feel like I'm missing something here :P

The preview button is to the right of the Size pull down menu.  My guess is that IPS miss to add them there for all browsers. :P

@Gruftlord I found the " X ", thanks for posting the picture. :)

Oh, so that's what that unmarked icon is for.

Regarding the editor, IPB will absolve themselves of any responsibility for that module because they outsourced it from the CKEditor.com people. Which is infuriating since my money isn't going to CKEditor and I don't expect them to have to be the support lifeline for post editor bugs.

A small suggestion about the download area for USSEP.  It seems a waste a server space with only one archive uploaded there, so why not let those bugfix mods that's recommended to use together with USSEP be uploaded into the same cateory.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/category/142-skyrim-special-edition/

Those other mods are not our projects so they have no place being in our project download area.

Would that also applies for bugfixing mods that regular members here created?

Yes, because regular members here aren't on the patch team so those would be uploaded to the normal Patches & Fixes category if they want them here.

Same would also apply if one of us who IS on the team makes an patch mod not intended for use in the unofficial patches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny, not seeing mugshot at the top of forum pages anymore. Also the main page has changed- no right sidebar anypane. Was there a silent update?

Edit: Ew the horz window size matters! Stretch it a bit and all is returned!

• 2 weeks later...

The spoiler tag is bugged, because it's hard to remove it once it gets quoted when this one wanted to edit my post after submitting it.

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion for posting a thread about a general TES discussion in this forum category.  Just having the same forum structure the old BSF forum had instead creating a separate "TES - General" forum, if it's possible of course.    

Also, the post editor seems to have a bug when writing a post and that is this.

justa test

I cannot insert a space between "just" and the "a", if I first delete let say "test" or add something after the "test" at the end of the text line.  Something like that.

Was able to insert a space in Just a Feeping creature from Justa Feeping creature.

It's okay. The editor at Microsoft Answers runs like a wobbly wombat up a slow hill. :(

Pages load a little quicker in 4.2. :)

• 1 month later...

I really like the new forum icon to the top left, it looks much better than the old one and it's refreshing! :woot:

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to me that I can't delete an image once it's uploaded into a post as an attachment.

So I suggest to avoid doing that instead use the gallery and embed your image into a post by clicking on the "Insert other media" button or similar.

That way the forum will not be slowed down when loading threads with a lot of uploaded images into a post(s).

I wish there was a mod to allow you to actually delete an image via the "My Attachments" in your profile, but apparently such a feature doesn't exist and I doubt there is a mod that does that.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if a prefix for a specific platform e.g PC, PS4, XB1 (SSE) or PC, PS3, XBox360 could help people to know on what platform one is playing SLE or SSE and this thread is the reason why I mention this.

I just found out that the post editor that's used for IPS 4 does NOT allow a member to add another automatically quote (select a text then click on "Quote this") in edit mode for a post as that happen to this post.