Feedback thread

Leonardo

I don't know what happen, but this looks a bit weird in this post. :shrug:

‎2002-07-18, â€â€Ž02:33:22 - Arthmoors_Merchant.esp

‎2002-07-18, â€â€Ž02:34:22 - Ashlander_Transports.esp

I don't know what happen, but this looks a bit weird in this post. :shrug:

You copied something from one kind of encoding to another. 

‎ -> U+201E in Unicode (or 0x84 in Windows-1251) -> „ 

†-> U+201D in Unicode (or 0x94 in Windows-1251) -> ”

So either you or whatever source the original text is from probably live in a country where „ ” is the standard for quotations marks.

It was probably due to the tool I used on the database to prep things for IPB 4.0 when it comes along. I guess it wasn't as good at what it did as it claimed :P

It was probably due to the tool I used on the database to prep things for IPB 4.0 when it comes along. I guess it wasn't as good at what it did as it claimed :P

You're probably right, because when I post it it looks normal to me.

• 4 months later...

Suggestion

How about using the subforum(s) for modding projects to include mod discussions?

If I misunderstood the purpose of this then perhaps change the description for the modding projects subforum.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Scraping the RSS feed I see. Lovely. Not sure if trying to report them will do any good but I'll try. Thanks.

EDIT: Quick run through Google suggests they won't comply with a proper request for removal. I've taken measures to deal with it on our end. Hopefully the won't steal anymore of our content.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a 403 forbidden on the site with latest IE11 update using compatibility settings.

Removed AFKMODS from the compatibility list and page loads.

They also fixed the truncated username dropdown on the titlebar which was a common feature in other sites. :banana:

Edit: Yikes Spoke to soon. The old problems of pasting into posts and general BBCcode  functionality remains crippled.

It's basically the previous IE issues writ worse.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Arthmoor via PM on TAL early this morning about AFK Mods was down last night (my local time) and it seems to me that something has happen to the upload script or whatever it's called, because I cannot upload a picture to my gallery.

Yes, there are several issues with the site right now and Arthmoor has been trying to get it resolved. It's apparently on IPS's end again (the forum software company), so it may not get resolved until later on today at the earliest. The gallery won't let anyone upload images like you mentioned and it also isn't possible to edit and upload files right now either. There also have been some problems with posting on the forums too where your post will get truncated (cut off).

Edit: In fact, it just happened to me when I posted this.  :|  I would recommend copying your post to the clipboard before you submit it until this gets resolved, especially if you are making a lengthy post. It seems as though you may have to edit and re-submit several times in some cases.

Just noticed that the tracker is cutting off (truncating) text too when submitting a report, so it would probably be best to avoid making tracker tickets until this gets resolved.

Same here, when I try to post it sometimes cuts it off with a % halfway and refuse to post the rest

Yep, still having problems. No idea what happened but it's definitely all gone to hell since last night for some reason.

I couldn't even make a proper post to tell anyone there are issues. It just ate it. No errors or anything, the action just vanished into the ether.

Heh. That's obviously a bug in the forum software somewhere.

It's probably the same bug that had plagued TAL for so long and last year it was fixed by a 1-2 year old patch.  I tried to find the link on TAL without luck, so you need to search for a "Like This" button bug on IPS.

According to what I found after doing a Google search:

Go To System Settings > Members > Reputation System, find Allow users to give themselves reputation and set it to No

I also found something that may be related to the sounds in the chat room not working for some people:

https://www.invision...y-play-once-r74

Why is that even a feature... anyway it's disabled now. No more upvoting your own stuff :P

I'll have a look at that chat patch. Messing with these modules makes me nervous...

• 2 months later...

I notice that the previous USKP subforum are now divided into two Unofficial <game> Patch subforum.  Just curious.  How come this haven't being made earlier?

Never really thought about it before, but this pending shutdown of the existing Bethsoft forums prompted me to have backups of threads available on the off chance they totally hose their "archive" operation and lose everything outright instead.

Didn't figure it would hurt anyway since this is technically the home of the UOP in addition to the USKP :P

• 3 months later...

I wonder if it's possible to change the orange background for the "Show Edit Line" shown in this post to have the same look as it is on TAL, which has a black background with white text color.

The orange background is awful and I wish it could be more discreet, so if you manage to change the orange background color to black then you made me a happy man.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it's possible to change the orange background for the "Show Edit Line" shown in this post to have the same look as it is on TAL, which has a black background with white text color.

The orange background is awful and I wish it could be more discreet, so if you manage to change the orange background color to black then you made me a happy man.

Actually I don't think ours is black. Iirc, it's semi-transparent black so that the background will show through like it does on posts. Anyway if you want the customizations, let me know and I'll send them along.