Feedback thread

Leonardo

I started the feedback thread on TAL, so why not have one here too instead of starting a new thread every time you want to suggest something.

I just notice one thing I've REALLY missed on BSF for 2½-3½ years now and that's the manage personal notes feature in your profile.  It would be awesome if the manage personal notes feature were added here too. smile.png

Looks like they've cut whatever that feature is, unless this skin just doesn't have the controls for it. I don't see it available on TAL, DC, TESA, or Nexus though. Perhaps Beth has added it as an aftermarket mod?

I don't think they cut it out, because all my personal notes were intact.  I think they simple disabled that feature until they could get it fixed or a mod was released to handle members personal notes via their profile.

When I mention this for Anda she told me that she haven't heard about it before, so that's probably why both DC and TAL doesn't have that kind of addon for members.

Perhaps the premium members on Nexus has the manage your notes feature enabled, but who knows and the only one who knows that is DarkOne. :shrug:

It could also be like you said that Bethesda have to pay for it and since they have use it before plus they can afford it.

The other day I was reading a thread in the phpBB community forum and someone mention the XenForo forum software was expensive, but since I've never heard about XenForo before so I got curious and wanted to test it out.

So I did test it for a couple of days (good for 2-3 days) and I notice a least two things that IPB doesn't seems to have (thus I wasn't aware of the manage notes on BSF was available to members at that time).

This what I think IPB should have.

post edit history (XenForo has it built-in and I've a picture of how it looks like)

manage notes (XenForo has it via a mod which is free to use)

I'm only mention this because I wanted you to know that others forum software that's similar visual look to IPB is different from IPB. :)

I know but I think you should know about what's happening on TAL too just in case you aren't lost in CK/CS or whatever tool you're using atm. :P

It would be nice to not have the Tracdown issues default to Dragonborn patch!

It would also be nice to be able to edit our own issues, especially as there is a button to do it!

@Leo: The mod's installed now. Enjoy :P

@DayDreamer: Yes, yes it would, but Tracdown is not terribly willing to play along right now.

The 25 post limit when viewing certain options (like My Content).

The inability of Content I Follow to find anything in the Tracdown category.

The "double-spacing" problem when posting a Tracdown issue. Workaround - compose in Notepad (or Notepad++), copy/paste to the issue and don't edit it!

The search not returning results when it should (Tracdown). Try searching for "iron" or "dagger" or "iron dagger". Neither of those 3 searches return a match in #13564 which contains them numerous times.

View New Content > Forums doesn't seem to include the "pinned" threads in the Unofficial Skyrim Patches forum - DOH!

Move the silly floating "issue timeline" to be a static box underneath the existing "issue details". Added benefit of making the actual posts and the "compose" box much wider. There's no need for a sidebar on the right at all.

@Leo: The mod's installed now. Enjoy :P

Thanks Arthmoor.  :dancing:   You earn yourself a cookie. :cookies:

• 1 month later...

Well, did anyone PM the moderators for this to happen? The Fansite link has a red "This Topic is locked," though.

An awesome bunch of sites on the list- but there was only one user viewing it at the time of posting... me.

Check the links again and you'll notice that one thread is locked and the only purpose the locked thread has is just to list all previous posted links, but the other thread is still open to post links for your favorite TES Fan Site.

However, it's recommended to check with the actual sites administrator first before posting a link, because an administrator of the site will definitely have more information to post about the site in question than other people.

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded all Skyrim mods I wanted to use in my next game and notice thing that I think could be convenient for anyone who wants to grab UOP/USKP within one category not two separate categories as it's right now.

So I suggest to add categories for both Oblivion and Skyrim or a least moved them into the Unofficial Patch Project category, which could be like this and each category would also have any testing beta for the actual game in the same category.

Unofficial Patch Project >> Oblivion (test beta, all UOP files)

Unofficial Patch Project >> Skyrim (test beta, all USKP files)

• 1 month later...

Today I got an idea and wonder if it's possible to upload the Wrye Bash readme.html file to the server and have it running 24 hours a day, but also let anyone who need a copy to download it.

The reason I mention this is simple, because there are no explanatory documentations for Wrye Mash and the Wrye Bash readme.html file have a lots of good information about who BAIN works in general speaking of course.

Some of it is very useful for Wrye Mash users.

You would need to have Sharlikran or someone else on the Bash project make a URL accessible from where they're keeping those files. It would do little good to keep one here where I'd just end up forgetting to keep it updated :P

The Wrye Bash readme.html is already included in the Wrye Bash archive that you download on Nexus.  That's the readme I'm talking about not retrieving an URL from the other guys.  I can send you a copy via PM.

• 1 month later...

Have just spotted another weirdness.  Take a look at this screenshot and scroll down a little then you'll notice a large arrow " < " floating above the member bar on the top left.

If you mean the arrow that's to the left of the thumbnail line, that's supposed to be there. I don't see anything else like what you're describing.

Yes I mean the arrow, but it looks odd to me to see it above the member bar perhaps it's transparent.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone have seen it when visiting TAL lately, but for those who doesn't know I can tell you that what it's.

It was death_souls (I assume he did that and not Anda) who came up with the idea of having a second avatar in your post profile beneath your avatar image.  It can be *almost* anything and a lot of people who have a second avatar is using a smiley.

You have to ask death_souls about how he did that if there are an interest of having a second avatar on AFK Mods.