Search in TracDown only shows 25 results

NightStar

The search in TracDown only shows 25 results regardless of how many bug reports in the tracker actually match the search criteria.

For example, if you search with a common word, such as 'actor', you get "Your search for the term actor returned 25 results". However, if you look at the results' dates (i.e. the date that the bug was added) they go from now, Sep 21, to Jun 09. So weren't there any bugs mentioning the word 'actor' before that? Of course there were, they just aren't being shown.

By default the search organizes bugs in descending order. So by flipping the sorting to ascending you can see the oldest bugs. In some cases this is enough to see all the bugs, as with this trick you can see 50 bugs if you remember to use it (or know that such a trick is necessary). But for search term 'actor', even that isn't enough. With ascending sorting you can see bugs from Dec 02 (bugs imported from the old tracker) to Feb 09 (when the new tracker was first used for bug submissions). So, currently, there is no way to see bugs with the word 'actor' in them from the time between Feb 09 to Jun 09. As time goes by and more bugs get reported that time period is only going to get longer.

The word 'actor' was randomly chosen as an example here, but the same behaviour can also be seen with words like iron, shield, sword and armor. The search has no problem showing me 59 search results from the Forum, so why can't it show me all the bugs from the TracDown?

The search with TracDown is also unreliable. If I search using more than one search term, it's much more likely that I don't see any results than it is for me to find what I'm looking for. Actually, I'd go as far as to say that it's almost guaranteed that I don't see any results.

Because of this and the bug mentioned in my previous post, finding all (or any) bugs about an iron sword is impossible. And I'm only using iron sword as an example. Being able to filter the search by Category or bug's Status would also be helpful...

+1 to the 25 post limit problem. What is the point of View New Content > Tracdown > Past Year if it only shows the last 25 issues?

Likewise the search. Try searching for "somescriptname" - no results, but searching for "somescriptname.psc" - result(s). It must be looking for "whole words only" rather than using a true pattern match. A great many searches must be failing which does, or at least can, lead to duplicated Tracdown issues.