[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

4 hours ago, zilav said:

You clearly don't understand how plugins work and what does it mean for a plugin to be a master for another one. Unfortunately it'll take too much time to teach you which I don't have. I suggest you to use the existing mod merging tools, or join xEdit discord and ask people around there to teach you, maybe someone will have time.

I have been merging esps in Xedit for 5 years but I do not understand what it means for a plugin to be a master of another one? 

You do seem to have an problem understanding what I am saying.  There is no way any of your suggestions would work to merge two esps.  

But thank you for your time.

6 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

You do seem to have an problem understanding what I am saying.  There is no way any of your suggestions would work to merge two esps. 

I understand what you said - you want an easy solution to merge plugins, and there are: merge plugins standalone tool and it's predecessor, the xEdit merging script, which will merge 2 esps just fine in one click.

However when you are asking for a way to copy records from one esp into another without adding said esp as a master, now this is what shows that you have a vague understanding of how plugin masters work and that such request is simply impossible to implement without breaking the data. I told you already the only possible (correct, safe, working) way of removing masters, but seems you didn't like it.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, lmstearn said:

@Dragonblood: There's this old thread which kind of explains stuff. It recommends the CK. Any good to you? 

Hey Man thanks for your help I do appreciate it.  I found that thread a long time ago.

How could you find all of the records you want copy in the CK?  It is very hard to do.  Also duplicating the file changes the form ID.. 

That is one great thing about Xedit.  It lists all of the files of each esm and esp separately so you can find them.

Now there is "copy as new record" if you use that and there are any Vanilla records that are changed they will be given new formIDs and will not make changes to the original record.  Cant use it.

2 minutes ago, zilav said:

However when you are asking for a way to copy records from one esp into another without adding said esp as a master, now this is what shows that you have a vague understanding of how plugin masters work and that such request is simply impossible to implement without breaking the data. I told you already the only possible (correct, safe, working) way of removing masters, but seems you didn't like it. 

Zilav, Come on Man.   I have been asking you for what you are calling the "proper way"  to merge esps.  I know that one esp is added as a Master.  I was simply asking for a safe way to remove it so when you are done it is not a master.   Not a way to add files from esp1 to esp2 in which it is never added as master.  I am sorry if I was not clear. 

Of course I did not like it.  It would have required that I remove the files I wanted to copy.

I can not find your merging script.  Do you know the exact name of it? 

Can you please answer this.?  And will not ask anymore questions about  "merging esps".

1. If I merge the esps the way I have been by using " copy as override"  and then removing the Master file that is unneeded  ( Which you said can ruin esps ) .  How can I tell if the esp has been ruined?  What should I look for?

2. What if I removed the Master in the CK and then ran the Clean Masters script in Xedit?  Will that help?

On 10/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, Dragonblood said:

I have been asking you for what you are calling the "proper way"  to merge esps.

No, you have been asking for how to copy as override records from esp1 to esp2 without adding esp1 as a master. I told you it is impossible and you should copy and then remove master the proper way, and described how to do so. You didn't like the answer and continued to insist on adding an option to xEdit of copying records without adding masters because you've been doing it wrong for 5 years.

If you really want to know how to properly merge mods manually, then this is covered in the xEdit Training Manual (the Help button in the right top corner, and linked on every xEdit's description page on Nexus, but who reads nowadays). The latest xEdit builds made it easier:

1. Right click on B, click Add Masters and chose A
  2. Right click on B and select "Inject Forms Into Master..." menu, chose A. It will ask to optionally preserve ObjectIDs (the YYYYYY part in FormIDs XXYYYYYY numbers), in your case it doesn't matter when simply merging two mods.
  3. Expand B, select all record groups, right click, hold Ctrl+Shift and click "Deep copy as override into", chose A. Say Yes to overwrite any changes if asked.
  4. Close and save A only. Now you have A+B properly merged into A.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zilav said:

You didn't like the answer and continued to insist on adding an option to xEdit of copying records without adding masters because you've been doing it wrong for 5 years. 

Zilav, 

This is a quote from my very first Post that I though clearly stated what I am doing.

"Is there a reason that you can not add and remove masters in Xedit anymore? 

This makes it very difficult to merge files.  Because the SSEkit is so slow to load, and with large esps it takes forever to save, I have been setting my mod as an esm and making changes to the mod via an esp.  I have also been working in the old kit and merging the esps into my main file.  This requires the ability to remove added masters.   :cry:"

BTW:  Your simple instructions seem to work perfectly.  

I just checked. It perfectly copied all of the records including the NavMesh.

And to add in a little bit of irony, your method actually merges the files from B to A without adding B as a Master.  Who thought it was possible?

Thanks Zilav,  You really are a great Guy:trumptroll:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @zilav,

Sorry to bother you. 

Are you aware that when you attempt to use "copy to selected records" now you can only select 4 records?   Is there a new way to do this that will allow you to select more records at one time?

If you are too busy I understand. I will head over to the Xedit discord server when I have the time.   Is there a place to find instructions on this?

6 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Hey @zilav,

Sorry to bother you. 

Are you aware that when you attempt to use "copy to selected records" now you can only select 4 records?   Is there a new way to do this that will allow you to select more records at one time?

If you are too busy I understand. I will head over to the Xedit discord server when I have the time.   Is there a place to find instructions on this?

The amount of records automatically compared against each other when selecting is defined in the right click -> Other -> Options window. You can manually compare any number of records by right clicking on selection -> Compare selected.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I load my mod into the CK and finish probably my last update I want to ask you how to do a certain thing in the SSEEdit.

I know I might to need to update SSEEdit, but in the mean time I wonder how do I find out how many map markers I've added to the game.  Is there a command I need to use, and if there is then how do I do that? :)

8 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Before I load my mod into the CK and finish probably my last update I want to ask you how to do a certain thing in the SSEEdit.

I know I might to need to update SSEEdit, but in the mean time I wonder how do I find out how many map markers I've added to the game.  Is there a command I need to use, and if there is then how do I do that? :)

Apply filter, clear all settings, check "By Base Record EditorID contains / or FormID" in the right lower corner, enter 00000010 (this is the formid of MapMarker [STAT:00000010])

1 hour ago, zilav said:

Apply filter, clear all settings, check "By Base Record EditorID contains / or FormID" in the right lower corner, enter 00000010 (this is the formid of MapMarker [STAT:00000010])

Ah, I'll try to remember that.  Thanks for the information. :bigcookie:

I just did that and got this result.

[Skyrim Map Markers.esp] Filtered 3 of 252 records

Does my mod have 252 map markers?

Sorry for the triple post, but I need to know how to change a name for a map marker (the actual name for map marker will be shown in-game) in SSEEdit.

I assume I need to select a record and find the name for a map marker in the right pane then right click and select "Edit" to change the name for the map marker.  Correct? :)

6 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Sorry for the triple post, but I need to know how to change a name for a map marker (the actual name for map marker will be shown in-game) in SSEEdit.

I assume I need to select a record and find the name for a map marker in the right pane then right click and select "Edit" to change the name for the map marker.  Correct? :)

Yes. It is in TNAM subrecord iirc.

• 4 weeks later...

Package records, conditions sub-records: there's a "parameter #3" listed by xEdit in each package of condition data (CTDA):

It appears that this parameter may have different meanings - or may be totally unused - depending on what target the condition has been specified to run. If that target is a quest alias (i.e. the "RunOn"  line will display "QuestAlias"), parameter #3 is always the ID of that alias on the quest that owns the package (I confirmed this myself by playing around with the aliases).

18 hours ago, Sclerocephalus said:

Package records, conditions sub-records: there's a "parameter #3" listed by xEdit in each package of condition data (CTDA):

It appears that this parameter may have different meanings - or may be totally unused - depending on what target the condition has been specified to run. If that target is a quest alias (i.e. the "RunOn"  line will display "QuestAlias"), parameter #3 is always the ID of that alias on the quest that owns the package (I confirmed this myself by playing around with the aliases).

Please open new issue at https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Zilav,  

I need some quick help with updating one of my scripts. 

All I need to to is check the worldspace a REFR is in.  If the REFR is not  in this worldspace then return.

It has been 10 months since I did a script for xEdit and I am a bit rusty.

19 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Hey Zilav,  

I need some quick help with updating one of my scripts. 

All I need to to is check the worldspace a REFR is in.  If the REFR is not  in this worldspace then return.

It has been 10 months since I did a script for xEdit and I am a bit rusty.

if EditorID( LinksTo( ElementByName( ElementByName( ElementByName(e, 'Cell'), 'Worldspace' ) ) ) ) <> 'Tamriel' then
  Exit;

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zilav said:

if EditorID( LinksTo( ElementByName( ElementByName( ElementByName(e, 'Cell'), 'Worldspace' ) ) ) ) <> 'Tamriel' then
  Exit;

Thanks Zilav 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I'd updated my SSEEdit. Given the recent SSE update that required me to clean again, it seemed time. Just wanted to say 3.3.11 beta is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i just saw the new 4.0 update for xEdit.

i have been using xEdit before from a single folder with the exe renamed to xedit and the different game versions run from short cuts with added command line parameters. I also had a version of each of gamename.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat in that folder.

i see for version 4.0.0 the "hardcoded" files are gone and there are now 2 versions of the exe, one for 64 bit, and one for 32.

i was wondering, does the renaming to xEdit and then running the game versions via shortcut still work? how would it work for the 64 bit version? rename to xedit64.exe?

do i assume correctly, that the hardcoded files are no longer necessary?

Thank you very much, and most importantly a big thank you for all the hard work put into this essential program!

Everything works the same.

Don't use x64 version unless you hit the out of memory error in x86 version.

Hardcoded files are embedded into executable, however xEdit will still load the external ones if present. But keep in mind that embedded versions are newer than the external ones from older xEdit.

Thank you very much.

One last question: Are all the hardcoded files embedded in all the various downloads on nexus or do I need to download a special "full" xedit version?