[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

I brought this into the discord chat with Elminster directly.

Basically, it's available for conflict resolution, but not for record comparison (which I learned isn't actually new at all, just something I never noticed before because it wasn't automatic ^^')

The Themes feature is a nice addon but the downside of it is that no scheme fits my prefs (I use the standard colors with a light grey background to prevent myself from eye cancer). So... is it possible to add a Theme Editor?

20 hours ago, archer said:

The Themes feature is a nice addon but the downside of it is that no scheme fits my prefs (I use the standard colors with a light grey background to prevent myself from eye cancer). So... is it possible to add a Theme Editor?

No. You need to install the free Delphi Community Edition, edit styles using Bitmap Style Designer and build xEdit yourself.

I want to know if I can use the ID that SSEEdit has for an item in a mod.

The reason I ask is that I created a mod that has one spell, modified Candelight spell with longer duration, without adding a spell book into the game since I wanted to add the spell via the console.

Doing that doesn't work in-game, meaning I use the record ID for that spell in SSEEdit, but could I add that spell.  No, I could not add the spell via the console in-game.

So, what's wrong?  Why can't I use the ID for that spell in the console?

1 hour ago, lmstearn said:

Have you given the formId the prefix ID for your mod?

I don't understand what you mean. :shrug:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Zilav,

I am sure you have missed me so I do not need to ask. 

I was going to ask you for some help on a script that ( with your help ) I finished about 9 months ago.  I thought I forgot to check for the ( Use AI Package ) flag being checked. 

But I was wrong.  After looking over the results and the script  I saw it was being checked for. 

Most likely thanks to you.

if GetElementNativeValues(e,'ACBS\Template Flags\Use AI Packages') <> 0 then
Exit;

BTW:  I just installed the latest version of XEdit from the first post on this thread.  It seems to be faster than any previous version I have used.  :clap:

I haven't looked through this whole thread, so sorry if this has been addressed, but I'm running into strangeness with loading plugins.  I'm running TES4Edit version 3.2.1 and whenever I install a plugin (BAIN; manually; doesn't matter) or save a plugin with the CS and go to load it up in TES4Edit, the LO is whacked out.  If it's an ESM it is loaded earlier than Oblivion.esm, if it's an esp, it's loaded earlier than all other ESPs.  The only solution is to run BOSS.  It's odd because the timestamp is "correct" to where it should load correctly.  For some reason .Edit is thrown off by timestamps that are not minute by minute like BOSS and (I guess) LOOT makes them.

-malonn

13 hours ago, Malonn said:

I haven't looked through this whole thread, so sorry if this has been addressed, but I'm running into strangeness with loading plugins.  I'm running TES4Edit version 3.2.1 and whenever I install a plugin (BAIN; manually; doesn't matter) or save a plugin with the CS and go to load it up in TES4Edit, the LO is whacked out.  If it's an ESM it is loaded earlier than Oblivion.esm, if it's an esp, it's loaded earlier than all other ESPs.  The only solution is to run BOSS.  It's odd because the timestamp is "correct" to where it should load correctly.  For some reason .Edit is thrown off by timestamps that are not minute by minute like BOSS and (I guess) LOOT makes them.

-malonn

Try the latest version from the first post.

Spoiler

Hey Zilav,

Is there a reason that you can not add and remove masters in Xedit anymore? 

This makes it very difficult to merge files.  Because the SSEkit is so slow to load, and with large esps it takes forever to save, I have been setting my mod as an esm and making changes to the mod via an esp.  I have also been working in the old kit and merging the esps into my main file.  This requires the ability to remove added masters.   :cry:

Something else I should mention.  When running scrips on an esp that is going to be adding records from esms that are not masters I find it works better to add the masters first. 

What if you removed the dependency from an esp and no longer needed the master?  How would you get rid of it? 

You are not supposed to edit masters list manually when adding or removing masters because this breaks plugins, the reason why it has been blocked. A lot of people don't understand that.

There are right click menu options on a plugin to add masters "Add Masters" and remove masters "Clean Masters" to do it properly.

• Thanks 1

Hey Zilav,

Thank You for pointing out the add masters function.  I have not worked in Xedit for sometime and have been adding them manually for so long that I forgot about it. I am thankful it did not break any of my plugins. :unworthy:

As far as removing them. Clean Masters is not going to work ( I just tested it to be sure. )

Let me give you a simple example.  I have a formlist on esp1 and I "copy as override" into  esp2.    Esp1 is not needed as a master on Esp2 for a formlist.   But if I attempt to use Clean Masters  esp1 is still there. 

So  ( because you can not remove Masters using Xedit anymore )  I open the creation kit and "Ctrl + Delete" esp1 from the masters list of esp2.

The formlist is now on esp2 and esp1 is not listed as a master.   How could you copy files from one esp to another  without doing this?  The esp2 plugin is not broken.

"Clean Masters" doesn't remove masters which are used (referenced by records) in a plugin. First remove all the master references yourself from a plugin, then it will work.

Removing masters in CK while it properly updates FormID indices also breaks plugins because it simply wipes out master references itself leading to unexpected results.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zilav said:

"Clean Masters" doesn't remove masters which are used (referenced by records) in a plugin. First remove all the master references yourself from a plugin, then it will work.

Zilav,  Thanks for taking the time to inform me on this.  Please explain.  How can I do this while keeping the file?  I see no way to do it.  Is there a script I do not see?

1 hour ago, zilav said:

Removing masters in CK while it properly updates FormID indices also breaks plugins because it simply wipes out master references itself leading to unexpected results. 

What are some of those unexpected results?  Will they show up if you check the esp for errors in Xedit or the CK?

How can I copy a file as override from esp1 to esp2 and not have esp1 as a master but keep the file?  It must be done as override because the formIDs need to stay the same.

With 3.2.70 the old inability to generate LOD with TWMP_Valenwood_Elsweyr.esp has returned. It's been fixed for several years, but I don't remember if it was fixed in the esp or in TES4LODGen. Since xEdit is my only change, I'm starting here. Right now, as long as TWMP_Valenwood_Elsweyr.esp is active in the load order, there's a solid hang about a third of the way through Tamriel generation.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

EDIT: I just verified that this is new with 3.2.70. Builds 3.2.2 and earlier work fine with that same mod.

22 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Zilav,  Thanks for taking the time to inform me on this.  Please explain.  How can I do this while keeping the file?  I see no way to do it.  Is there a script I do not see?

What are some of those unexpected results?  Will they show up if you check the esp for errors in Xedit or the CK?

How can I copy a file as override from esp1 to esp2 and not have esp1 as a master but keep the file?  It must be done as override because the formIDs need to stay the same.

Apply script "List records referencing specific plugin" to your plugin and deal with all reported links, then Clean Masters will work.

Results depend on where and how the master was referenced before removal. Use the script to remove links yourself, this is the only right and safe way. There are no shortcuts for removing masters.

esp1 is added as a master to esp2 if you are copying a record:

1) which is new in esp1

2) which references/links to new records in esp1

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Supierce said:

With 3.2.70 the old inability to generate LOD with TWMP_Valenwood_Elsweyr.esp has returned. It's been fixed for several years, but I don't remember if it was fixed in the esp or in TES4LODGen. Since xEdit is my only change, I'm starting here. Right now, as long as TWMP_Valenwood_Elsweyr.esp is active in the load order, there's a solid hang about a third of the way through Tamriel generation.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

EDIT: I just verified that this is new with 3.2.70. Builds 3.2.2 and earlier work fine with that same mod.

TES4LODGen code is not mine, you'd better join the xEdit discord and talk to Elminster, especially if the bug appeared after 3.2.2 so it is tied to the new changes made by him. There is "Discord" button in the right top corner of xEdit window.

• Thanks 1

Zilav, 

Are you saying Xedit can not safely merge two esps?    Esp1 and esp2 into just one esp? 

The script you just gave me listed records that I already new were there and need to keep.  

Please listen.  I already feel bad about taking this much of your time.

1. Esp1 has new forms created in the kit using only the vanilla Masters.  Ok?  It does not contain any content that is not able to be created in the CK.

2. If I copy all of the files on esp1 into esp2 Xedit views Esp1 as a Master and I understand that. 

3. However, Esp1 is not needed as a master. It can be removed with no negative effect on esp2 ( other than removing the master from what you are telling me ). The files and information are just fine because it is all Vanilla content. 

Maybe at some point in the future you might consider creating a way for someone to safely remove esp1 if they want to merge the files.

9 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Maybe at some point in the future you might consider creating a way for someone to safely remove esp1 if they want to merge the files.

You clearly don't understand how plugins work and what does it mean for a plugin to be a master for another one. Unfortunately it'll take too much time to teach you which I don't have. I suggest you to use the existing mod merging tools, or join xEdit discord and ask people around there to teach you, maybe someone will have time.

• Thanks 1