[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Yes, I know, but on Friday the latest build available via GitHub releases didn't have the theme support built in despite the changelog saying so. I went back over the weekend and it had been updated at some point and that build is now working.

@Arthmoor I update the releases tab each time he makes a new build. 1) Because of bug fixes in the GitHub issues section 2) Bug fixes not already mentioned in the GitHub issues 3) New features that need testing or bug fixes for new features.  Current version is SSEEdit-2145bfd or 3.2.3m. I would get it and check the release notes. Scroll to the bottom to see the new feature "Show Only Master and Leafs". The latest Experimental build is always first and there is only one. The others are left for reference because they are before Eliminster's changes.

Also the download has the latest LOD EXE files and a few updated scripts. Specifically changes to Weather Editor.pas for use with Themes.

@zilav You might want to add it to the releases tab. The reason is that your link is the EXE from the commit. He adds a new EXE to each commit if he build a new EXE. So your link will always be outdated.

5 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

You might want to add it to the releases tab. The reason is that your link is the EXE from the commit. He adds a new EXE to each commit if he build a new EXE. So your link will always be outdated.

My links points to the repo (always the latest commit), not some particular commit.

Just now, zilav said:

My links points to the repo (always the latest commit), not some particular commit.

Sorry, wasn't sure.

All I was trying to point out is that on Friday (last week) when I grabbed what was linked on the Releases tab, it said themes were in it. They weren't. That's since been corrected. So it's all good now. No need to keep going on about it :P

Is there an easy way to get FO4Edit to display all INFO records that contain a VNAM subrecord?

Please excuse me, but I wonder if I delete two HeadPart records in my WIP mod via xEdit, is it literally like I've never had created them in the Creation Kit in the first place? Or are they "disabled" only, and in reality there will always be some kind of leftover of these records in my mod?

If the later is true, I'd like to rebuild my little mod entirely and do backups of WIP versions even more regularly this time around. smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any answer to this.

37 minutes ago, Pokestar said:

Please excuse me, but I wonder if I delete two HeadPart records in my WIP mod via xEdit, is it literally like I've never had created them in the Creation Kit in the first place? Or are they "disabled" only, and in reality there will always be some kind of leftover of these records in my mod?

If the later is true, I'd like to rebuild my little mod entirely and do backups of WIP versions even more regularly this time around. smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any answer to this.

They're deleted as if you never created them. If they're actually used anywhere, it's more complex. You need to delete those usages/references too.

If you remove the records from your mod with xEdit then your mod is no longer touching them. That said, it's still possible the changes your mod made have become baked into your saved game and won't revert back to their previous settings.

Thank you very much, I was very much hoping I would literally not have any unclean leftovers with deleting the records via xEdit. :)

As for saved games, I'm still play-testing so I'm glad I won't have to worry about that either.

3.2.3p was able to load to the end, but after that, until 3.2.4, the following error appears and loading does not complete.

SSEEdit 3.2.4 EXPERIMENTAL (2B0B0DA3) starting session 2018-08-02 11:59:44

[00:09] Background Loader: loading "BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp"...
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Loading file
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] File loaded (CRC32:9CF1BF65)
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Start processing
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Adding master "BeeingFemale.esm"
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] Header processed. Expecting 231 records
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] GRUP Top "KYWD" processed
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] GRUP Top "TXST" processed
[00:09] Background Loader: [BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp] GRUP Top "SOUN" processed
[00:09] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (P:\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 13048)>
[00:18] Background Loader: finished

Where is the old version of "@eFrysTon eFrysTon changed version to 3.2.4 caeb415 a day ago"?

What I would like to say is that the loading is not completed unless it is an old version of SSEEdit.

BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp is a part of MOD "BeeingFamale SE".

2.3.5 fixes the problem with loading the file: https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/compare/f2e254d093f7...7d951ea3beee

But the file in question is broken. It has the "localized" header flag set, but the actual records inside the file contain full string data instead of 32bit string IDs.

Removing the header flag and then directly closing SSEEdit and saving the file should result in a correct (but none-localized) file.

Sorry for the inconvenience to people related to my remarks this time. 

Surely this esp is giving a ferocious error message.

There are as many MOD as stars. There will be other strange esp. 
Even if such a thing is included, it will issue a warning with an error message and complete the load until the end.
And SSEEdit thought that each work as "Edit" should be possible, I commented.

I confirmed the operation of 3.2.5. I will try out the suggested method. But I will try to communicate to the original author.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropping by after a few months of inactivity. Tested that new experimental build. New features are absolutely awesome <3 

Is there any plan to add something like "hide identical fields" feature in record comparison view ? (similar as "hide no conflict row" in regular mode).

Mmmh, not sure how this is expected to work. Right click->apply filter don't impact record view afaik. Still tried this one for the sake of it, but didn't get expected result:

image.thumb.png.83d31cdc16fdf4376c403d5a4a2ed6e0.png

And the new filtering option on the top of the comparison view only allow filtering by field name or value, not status, in the version I have (just downloaded latest experimental 1h ago).

Also, why I'm in the question mode: It seems the asset manager script got a few updates since my last version. Is it still under WIP somehow ? Getting a lot of false positive for sounds because records reference .wav but game actually use the filename with .xwm extension. I looked into it but script's design and my limited pascal/delphi skill prevented me for hacking a workaround. Some additional option to check against it would be welcome.

You need "by conflict status overall" (background color), this is what xEdit uses for cleaning:

• Single record - record is not overridden
  • Multiple - "green" ITM
  • Benign - "yellow" but conflict doesn't affect the game (happens on fields merged at runtime for example or when XLCN is added to cells in Skyrim)
  • Override without conflict - "yellow"
  • Conflict - "red"
  • Critical conflict - "fuchsia" red on fields marked as critical in xEdit definitions, what is critical is somewhat subjective though

Regarding impact on records view, only "Hide no conflict rows" option affects it, there is no filtering by conflict right now for individual record fields.

Assets Manager mostly checks for explicit assets, when asset name is defined in plugin. Sounds are kind of implicit - no matter the extension in the plugin, whe game will search for xwm first, and then fallback to wav. And this behavior changes from game to game.

Yes, that's what I thought, and what was asking (for the record view :P )

Ok for the Asset Manager. Nice to know about the sound file behavior too, didn't know how it worked.

I noticed however that it miss several textures when using the "List all refeenced assets" function, and I can't explain why ? A few weapons and creatures have their NIFs properly listed, but the texture pointed to by these same NIFs aren't... I'm not sure if this is a regression or just something I never noticed before. (I suppose you'd want a reproductible test case ?)