[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

On 4/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, hlp said:

Check the "UI Settings" tab of the Options form for sizing and fonts.

Thanks, that sorta worked. There are 3 that all need to be changed, for some odd reason they defaulted to 5. Tried 10 (was too big), then tried again and the smallest the pulldown menu allowed was 8 (that was just right).

Nothing seems to have affected the initial loading menu (still tiny) or the various other fields around the screen. And the left panel lines are smushed.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:04 AM, zilav said:

SkyrimVR and Fallout4 VR support: rename as TES5VREdit.exe or FO4VREdit.exe, or execute with -tes5vr or -fo4vr parameters

Thanks. I'd been wanting to check some stuff without resorting to a workaround. This will be useful.

I'm a total noob. Barely played any vanilla and now trying to get skyrimvr playing nicely with some graphics mods. My game is looking great except for entire patches of trees flashing into existence when I get too close. Anyone willing to give me some moron friendly instructions for fixing my LODs?

13 hours ago, Varjo said:

I'm a total noob. Barely played any vanilla and now trying to get skyrimvr playing nicely with some graphics mods. My game is looking great except for entire patches of trees flashing into existence when I get too close. Anyone willing to give me some moron friendly instructions for fixing my LODs?

Not really the thread for the discussion, but you should check out the step guide to trees. http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Tree_Settings

I've been testing out the skyrim VR support and making some small patches for myself. I've noticed that the new esp's xedit is making are form 43 instead of 44. I've been re-saving in the creation kit for now to fix this.

3 hours ago, Lazybob1 said:

I've been testing out the skyrim VR support and making some small patches for myself. I've noticed that the new esp's xedit is making are form 43 instead of 44. I've been re-saving in the creation kit for now to fix this.

Fixed.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, zilav said:

Released current build as the final version 3.2.1 on the Nexus.

Ah damn, now I have no excuse not to update the guides :)

Thank you zilav

The latest 3.2.1 shows new error messages creating FO4Merged which weren't there on the DEV build I have dated 2/2/2018. 

Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 5345)

I've attached the log which is identical for both versions except for the assertion failures at the end. The produced merge is binary identical for both versions.

Is this anything I should be concerned about? 

Thanks!

FO4Edit_log2.txt

I can re-run on dev version with same result and no error so maybe the error just wasn't reported originally? The logs of old and new are identical except for the timestamps and the errors at the end of the newest version. I can run the new version as you suggest to see if I can spot the culprit though.

4 hours ago, CrankyCat said:

I can re-run on dev version with same result and no error so maybe the error just wasn't reported originally? The logs of old and new are identical except for the timestamps and the errors at the end of the newest version. I can run the new version as you suggest to see if I can spot the culprit though.

Find which plugin causes that. I know why the error happens - because I added removal of list counter fields when they are zero, this was reported to cause CTDs in the game. But zeroing out a list when creating merged patch is not normal, I need to look at the plugin itself.

17 hours ago, zilav said:

Find which plugin causes that. I know why the error happens - because I added removal of list counter fields when they are zero, this was reported to cause CTDs in the game. But zeroing out a list when creating merged patch is not normal, I need to look at the plugin itself.

The problem plugin is Valdacils Item Sorting specifically ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp. I'll exclude it when building the merge. Thanks for the explanation!

6 hours ago, CrankyCat said:

The problem plugin is Valdacils Item Sorting specifically ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp. I'll exclude it when building the merge. Thanks for the explanation!

Unfortunately it requires some DLCs which I don't have so I won't be able to check what's up. Sorry.

Using TES5Edit 3.2.2 on Win7SP1.

"Merging up" a couple of "optional patch files" into the main "Fallout New Vegas" plugin (WeaponModsExpanded).  After adding 'masters' preceeding the main plugin as masters to it (and repeating for each of the patches), injecting unique records from the patch files, and selecting all sub-records for "copy as override" into the main plugin and selecting that file as the target, get the error message with the first plugin to be copied (WMX-DLCMerged) as follows:
'The required master "WMX-DLCMerged.esp" can not be added to "WeaponModsExpanded.esp" as it has a higher load order.'

2215494xEdit-CopyAsOverride-MultiFile.JP

-Dubious-

You still have links to new records in your merged esp, and when copying records with them into the master it automatically tries to add required masters which is impossible since merged esp is higher in load order (plugins can use other plugins as masters only if they are loaded before them).

Thanks.  That was it.  I needed to refine my definition of "unique" records to "any with the same mod index as the plugin being merged up", instead of only those with a "white background".

-Dubious-

• 1 month later...

Is there any documentation on hand about Partial forms, how they work and what modders need to do when adding entries to mods that alter the same thing?

(an example is Location - Commonwealth.)

Partial forms remain a bit of a mystery in how they work. I think someone would have to examine it at the hex level to see exactly what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

@ElminsterAU the current set of prereleases on GitHub mentions theme support built in. I cannot find that anywhere in the UI controls. Are you guys sure that's been compiled into the current prerelease?

22 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

@ElminsterAU the current set of prereleases on GitHub mentions theme support built in. I cannot find that anywhere in the UI controls. Are you guys sure that's been compiled into the current prerelease?

Right click on the window header

VOm754d.jpg

I did, no such option is present. SSEEdit-d556441.zip is the file I downloaded from GitHub.