[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

The errors alt refers to are not caused by UFO4P though. They are only causing errors further up the chain to be revealed in the master file. It would be so much nicer if these error reports assigned the cause to the proper place instead of landing it in the mod author's lap as though it's now their problem.

Granted, we'll probably have to try and fix this at some point since it's a bug, but it would be nice if we weren't the ones people see as having created the bug in the first place.

Yes such errors are not plugin related, but rather load order related in the sense that it checks for wrong data using all loaded plugins. So there could be even a plugin loaded after USKP which removes USKP fixes, and error will be shown for USKP even though the blame is on another plugin. This is simply how the game works using the rule of one, not much I can do about that. I prefer to show all found errors instead of trying to hide them based on the applied scope of error checking in xEdit.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, zilav said:

Just export food and ingredients to excel or any other spreadsheet software and import back. I think it is a trivial task for you.

I don't have a LOD assignment script, but again it will be a simple 20-30 lines script at most. Can write it for you if you really need, but will need more info on how to associate LOD meshes with a STAT record:  (partial?) matching by full model file name, in what folder, etc.

Didn't thought about exporting them externally... should have ^^ Though come to think of it, I think the CK also have an option to export the content of the objectwindow.

As for the LOD, yeah, I can do it too. I'll share it whenever it's actually working for me, in case you want to make some polish and include it (let's face it, for what I need, I'm just going to hardcode matching pattern and discovery path >_< )

Any ideas on the following incomplete descriptions (SKSE64):

TLOD //after LAND & NAVM

TOFT // After EFSH, before EXPL

DOBJ: Default Object Manager: DNAM Note against IDLM:    "BGSIdleMarker / BGSDefaultObjectManager? strange"

DLVW: Dialog View

The formtype enum may provide a clue on the ones near the end of the list:

kFormType_LensFlare,            //    
    kFormType_Unk88,               // LSPR: LightingShaderProperty: Refraction ???
    kFormType_VolumetricLighting,    //    
    kFormType_Unk8A,             // ? Hopefully more info in Fallout?

Thanks.

Great, thanks!

Yes, TOFT (suspiciously close to OTFT, but no) -well as TES shortenings could be anything- Type OF Terrain/Trap/Trigger? The Unk8A remains a mystery- but it will get tested! :)

Someone reported that my mod for SSE is the 43 version and I checked my esp and I too have the 43 version.  Why is that?  Does it matter, if it's not the 44 version?  Just curious.

If it matters I've checked my mod for errors in SSEEdit 3.2 and the message was this.

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] Skyrim Map Markers.esp

How strange, I thought I use the 3.2.1 version, but no I didn't instead I have the 3.2 version.

It matters. You need to take your LE mod and load it into the SSE CK, then save it. That will convert all of the forms to the proper version. Failing to do this will lead to corruption and errors during gameplay that people are having a hard time pinning down.

• 2 weeks later...

For LAND record, the DATA field (4 unkown bytes) appear to be an indicator of which fields the record contains. For sure if it's 1D000000 , the landscape won't have Vertex Colors, even if there is actual datas in the VCLR field. 1F000000 seems to be the default where everything work.

10 hours ago, Kesta said:

For LAND record, the DATA field (4 unkown bytes) appear to be an indicator of which fields the record contains. For sure if it's 1D000000 , the landscape won't have Vertex Colors, even if there is actual datas in the VCLR field. 1F000000 seems to be the default where everything work.

You can check that in all games since they all have that field. If you can confirm this field to be the flags indicating the presense of specific land data, then I'll update definitions.

Hi guys,

can anyone please write a small script for me? It needs to create conditions based on a csv input.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hello. I've searched this topic for the string SkyrimSE.exe, but no occurences found. So there is a good chance this was not asked: When opening SSEEdit and loading the plugins with "OK" button, Skyrim.exe appears in the list. The game's exe is actually SkyrimSE.exe, which gets me asking: Is this known? another question: Is this correct? And finally, is this just a visual annoyance, or something that can lead to issues? Thanks from the mountain for an answer, cheers.

Hello. Tes5Edit Scripts: How I can check existence of record by formid in string format (example "000d001a")? I did find function RecordbyFormID, but it requiers aiFormID as integer. I can't to cast string like this ''000d001a'' in integer.

1 hour ago, elderscrollerr said:

Hello. Tes5Edit Scripts: How I can check existence of record by formid in string format (example "000d001a")? I did find function RecordbyFormID, but it requiers aiFormID as integer. I can't to cast string like this ''000d001a'' in integer.

StrToInt('$' + hexstring)

Keep in mind that RecordByFormID() requires a file formid (leading byte index is the master index in TES4 header), not a load order formid (index is a load order index of a plugin). You can convert load order FormID to file FormID with LoadOrderFormIDtoFileFormID()

2 hours ago, zilav said:

StrToInt('$' + hexstring)

Keep in mind that RecordByFormID() requires a file formid (leading byte index is the master index in TES4 header), not a load order formid (index is a load order index of a plugin). You can convert load order FormID to file FormID with LoadOrderFormIDtoFileFormID()

Thanks, but I already rewrite script in another logic (separate launch for each loaded plugin and use IInterface)

Hi zilav,

When doing automated cleaning on the new JK's Skyrim esp, I noticed that Records with changes on the "Location Reference" are being flagged as ITM's.  Added a picture for reference, but all these changes (about 30 or so) get removed if doing automated cleaning.

-campolo313

Location Reference.png

Edited by TJC313
Picture was wayyyy too small

Those location references are extraneous data the CK saves when editing something. When it's the only change in the file then xEdit will clean them out as part of the normal process since that location data is not used for anything by the game unless the reference also has a location reference type attached to it.

I'm just using SSEEdit now, on a new machine with a 4K monitor. I'm finding it almost impossible to read. Is there some way to tell it make the fonts bigger, as I did for M$ Windows itself, and seems to be propagated to applications? For example, this post is eminently readable.

Uploaded new build.

SkyrimVR and Fallout4 VR support: rename as TES5VREdit.exe or FO4VREdit.exe, or execute with -tes5vr or -fo4vr parameters