[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Vex, that's not a FO4LODGen thing. fLODMultTrees is what controls the distance at which trees shift to LOD. Try bumping it up a bit in your Fallout4.ini. Or you can set bForceFullDetail=1 under the [Trees] section.

Thanks for that, actually made some progress for once, really appreciate it.

LOD blend distance seems as you'd expect now without having to go to ugridstoload 7 so happy days. Problem would be solved entirely if i could work out how to get the mod's stock LOD's so they look like the actual autumn leaved trees rather than green and white blobby cardboard cutouts. Ive tried a bunch of settings myself in fo4lodgen, but they're all just pot shots that end up looking the same or even blockier, or missing the majority of leaves making the fade in even more noticable. Not looking for perfection, just would be nice to have something that doesnt constantly draw your attention every few hundred meters when the trees go from fat green 2d objects to lush leafy autumn trees. I captured a couple of screens to help describe it better as its nearing 4am here and ive been messing around with it all night so my head well into the ye of little function stage. These are pics are on a clean fo4install just with all dlc and the autumn overhaul mod only , incl the LODs it comes with obviously. I figure at this point pics would do far better at explaining how it looks than i can at the moment, and apologies if ive linked them wrong its bout all i can manage at the moment.

1) Tree LOD's after bridge are flat green cardboard  blobs - as they are all through the commonwealth

2) This is how the trees are meant to look after the bridge, as well as the majority of trees in the mod, but cardboard green/white LOD's are still visible down the river and past red rocket.

Toggled TFC to get an areal view of the LOD's.

At this point id just like something that looks somewhat similar to the actual trees and i'll be a happy camper.  Apologies if these are totally obvious solutions, and thanks in advance if anyones able to point me in the right direction.

Vex

EDIT -

Bottom part of my load order was like this when trying to generate the LODs

DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
FO4LODGen-FullModelLOD.esp
FO4LODGen-HighTrees.esp
FO4LODGen.esp
Autumn Overhaul.esp

I had them generate to an output path on another drive, then moved the mesh/texture folders over to the fo4 data folder and disabled all of the fo4lodgen plugins before loading. I couldnt find much specific for fo4 so i assume thats the correct way to do it.

It may be that your Autumn mod isn't flagging those trees as Visible While Distant. You can use FO4Edit to check that and fix as necessary. Then run LODGen again. Unless they're marked as VWD, LODGen uses the default trees, which looks like what's happening.

LODGen generates LOD from the source assets (LOD meshes and LOD textures), if mod(s) don't provide those then generated LOD won't look any different.

Well made some progress and its far better than before, but i wouldnt be an obsessive person if i didnt want to get it as right as possible. Few things ive found out in the last few days, aside from enjoying getting stuck into it all. 1) the more i read the more i become aware i didnt actually know what i was doing which is why it wasnt turning out as good as it should... 2) Theres SFA documentation/guides for any FO4LOD gen. I take it  DynDOLOD isnt available despite there being a lodgenx64 file now?

Ive searched that many pages but cant quite find clear answers on a few things. I generated my LOD renaming xedit to fo4lodgen and outputting the loose files to another drive. Can i keep these as loose files and simply overwrite the existing ones since loose files have priority over ba2?

If i do need to remove existing LOD's, i figure for now the most straight forward way would be to delete anything related to the autmn overhaul as its the trees that are causing the issues. Is there a quick way to locate them all in xedit or do i need to extract the files and remove them manually?

Second last question lol. Before i generated my LOD's earlier, i went through the worldspace files as suggested and most but not all were listed as visible when distant. Learning how to do that stumbled onto a post  saying to set them to all persistant and full lod as it would be a better way to create LOD's then change them back to VWD once thats done. Ive read so many conflicting things i have no idea if its right.

Finally...  with the static files which are just trees, so take it are their textures, what record flag do they need to be set on to get the best result. Some are non occular & has distant LOD, some are one or the other, and some have none. Are they meant to be set to any of those, i recall reading about setting them to Has tree LOD & Uses HD textures.

Sorry for the wall of text, im on holidays so spent way too many hours over the last couple days playing around with it but is a little disappointing theres not more fo4 info, or i dont like skyrim more :). Anyway thanks in advance

Vex

EDIT - Just realised theres a FO4 specific forum lol, my bad. Prob best to move my questions over to there since they are only bout fo4, really appreciate the help though. Got a few before and after pics, pretty happy so far, made a bunch of mistakes and missed a few things though so im in process of re-doing it again. Lighting is different in some but you'll get the idea. They're still done with ugridstoload=5 too which im happy to not have changed.

Vault 111 Original LOD

Vault 111 so far

Sanctuary original LOD

Sanctuary updated

Above Red Rocket

RR with semi fixed LOD

Got a couple nice scenic shots with NAC & Film Workshop ENB installed and removed his lighting the mod came with. Only other mods i have atm the HD DLC. Credit to the guy who made the autumn overhaul mod really, not lore friendly but IMO the best looking "green" mod once a few things are fixed.

Sanctuary

Looking the other way

Heading towards Red Rocket

Down towards Concord

Cheers,

Vex

@Vex You can read description of TES5LODGen on Nexus, the only major difference is that Trees LOD system is deprecated and all trees are statics included in the Objects LOD, so they follow the same rules of how source LOD meshes are assigned. For example open TreeElmForest01Static "Elm Tree" [STAT:000D9CA8] in FO4Edit, the LOD meshes are in MNAM field. Open those models in NifScope, check what textures are used and edit them in photoshop to match your trees mod of choice. Then regen LOD to see the changes.

This applies to any object you see in the distance. To determine what record is placed in the world, get close to it, click in console, write down FormID, load FO4Edit, search by FormID in the left upper corner to find a ref, then Ctrl+Click on the "NAME" field to focus on the base static record.

@zilav Thanks mate looked high and low but not sure how i missed that page, answers a lot of questions. Bout the only thing i cant find now is a glossary or something ( i know theres one on the ck wiki but cant find any flag definitions) that explains what a bunch of the options actually mean and what effect they have on cells or static objects etc. Like flags. "Is non occluder" for a tree. All i can imagine is its a non blocker or something loll. Lookd through dozens of forums, manuals, ck wiki, 10,000 google search combinations but no cigar.

Honestly have really enjoyed doing this so me being me will no doubt get stuck right into it over the next while as ive enjoy getting stuck into things like this, plus it'll fit in well with my study this year. It'd just be nice while im learning to browse through things, see an option and read about what it does rather than search for hours or come ask every time i dont know something or willy nilly trial and errors. I guess its obvious to people who develop games/mod often, but my modding experience stopped in the 90s with car games, and these days i use revit/sketchup and cad programs so a lot of these options mean nothing to me and put me firmly in the noob who asks obvious questions category lol.

@Vex Search better :)

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Door

You can see through trees the same as doors, because apart from solid trunk the rest of foliage is transparent. I suppose that "Non occluder" flag technically excludes such objects from PreVis calculation so the game treats them as dynamic and calculates their occlusion in runtime.

Sorry for the stupid question, I'm completely rusty with LODs:

How do I get TES5LODGen to handle references of vanilla retextures done with texture set ? I aparently don't have anything for them in the .bto 

Edit: Nevermind, Needed to link them up to a LOD model... got confused, I thought it'd pick them up based on model path, which is a dyndolod specific thing if I'm not mistaken.

@zliav Hah i did find that article :) . I just couldnt work out how it applied to trees, and why only some but not others. Aside from doing cleaning some dirty edits and deleting a few conflicts in mods ive not touched xedit or anything similar so if it isnt a direct description i find it hard to translate to other objects at the mo. Thats part of the fun though, i have too much time on my hands so between that and trying to find out how to fix draw distances and tree pop-in in  fo4 my days are mostly occupied lol :).

4 hours ago, MadCat221 said:

Figured out another Unknown Int in a record flag set in FO4 for Location Data. Details in the bug report form for the mod South Of The Sea, specifically the ticket "SOTS interferes with Automatron's Eyebot Pods".

Summarizing: <Unknown:14> on LCTN forms is also "partial form" flag like for QUST forms.

Updated and uploaded new version.

Also regarding the recent FO4 update - anything to change in xEdit record definitions? New fields, new flags, etc.? Don't have FO4 installed to check myself.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:52 AM, zilav said:

Updated and uploaded new version.

Also regarding the recent FO4 update - anything to change in xEdit record definitions? New fields, new flags, etc.? Don't have FO4 installed to check myself.

The only thing they did was add a couple of new keywords for some CC support. No definition changes as far as I can tell.

I just noticed that there is a "put worldspace reference under the right cell" script. Is this something that's supposed to fix this kind of oddities:

image.png.db271d7cce5fed5eb58a97a468ff4018.png

Also, any idea why those even happens in the first place ? (that's not in vanilla worldspace).

7 hours ago, Kesta said:

I just noticed that there is a "put worldspace reference under the right cell" script. Is this something that's supposed to fix this kind of oddities:

image.png.db271d7cce5fed5eb58a97a468ff4018.png

Also, any idea why those even happens in the first place ? (that's not in vanilla worldspace).

Script moves references between cells if their absolute coordinates belong to another cells. It however does not move cells between blocks and/or subblocks, only references are handled.

Such errors usually happen after using 3rd party software like Snip. Maybe it is a rare bug in official editor, but I've never seen it.

Loading in CK and saving should fix that, but since plugin has already been exposed to bugged unknown software, I recommend to just throw it away.

Can't really do that with that one sadly :/

What surprise me is that I always assumed the block/sub-block were just computed based on cell's coordinate, didn't expect there could be duplicate sub-groups for them. Also, it never went through Snip or other sh*t, but the actual worldpsace should have been built with Anwyn as far as I know. Maybe that's the issue.

Thanks for the answer. I'll see if there is a viable way to nuke the WRLD record and rebuild it cleanly with the CELL data from the corrupted one.

Two additional unrelated question/request while i'm posting here:
Is there a chance for additional spreadsheets ? Food and Ingredients ones would be useful.

Do you have some pieces of script somewhere (you or sheson) to make automatic lod assignments to static ? The "auto-populate" function from the CK, but in batch, and a bit more flexible.(That one I can actually write myself, just don't want to re-invent the wheel, especially since I know a lot of work have been done in xEdit scripting about LODs). Pretty sure there is something like this somewhere, at least in dyndolod, that I can adjust to my needs.

hi everyone

i'm french so excuse my poor english, but what i'm writing here is simple

i loaded USSEP and 3DNPC, and got the same errors reported page 76:

[00:04]     REFR \ XNDP - Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found in "[NAVM:000FC127] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WindhelmDocksExterior01 [CELL:0000B4B9] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 34,8))">
[00:16] All Done!

and i'm unable to solve it.

can anyone telle me what i can do to resolve such type of problems ?

I'm looking for documentation of the command line options for SSEEdit.  I know a few of the options, but I'd like to see a complete list if it is available somewhere.  My search has come up empty so far.  Can someone please provide me with a link?

7 hours ago, zogzog68 said:

Ask mod author if that navmesh is also changed by the same mod. This requires CK and knowledge of navmeshing.

On 06.02.2018 at 3:53 PM, Kesta said:

Is there a chance for additional spreadsheets ? Food and Ingredients ones would be useful.

Do you have some pieces of script somewhere (you or sheson) to make automatic lod assignments to static ? The "auto-populate" function from the CK, but in batch, and a bit more flexible.(That one I can actually write myself, just don't want to re-invent the wheel, especially since I know a lot of work have been done in xEdit scripting about LODs). Pretty sure there is something like this somewhere, at least in dyndolod, that I can adjust to my needs.

Just export food and ingredients to excel or any other spreadsheet software and import back. I think it is a trivial task for you.

I don't have a LOD assignment script, but again it will be a simple 20-30 lines script at most. Can write it for you if you really need, but will need more info on how to associate LOD meshes with a STAT record:  (partial?) matching by full model file name, in what folder, etc.

21 hours ago, zogzog68 said:

hi everyone

i'm french so excuse my poor english, but what i'm writing here is simple

i loaded USSEP and 3DNPC, and got the same errors reported page 76:

[00:04]     REFR \ XNDP - Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found in "[NAVM:000FC127] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WindhelmDocksExterior01 [CELL:0000B4B9] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 34,8))">
[00:16] All Done!

and i'm unable to solve it.

It's usually due to a conflict. Something has overwritten a navmesh change in the affected cell (34,8) and caused it to display an error that should not be there. Checking for errors should almost never be done with more than one mod loaded to avoid problems like this. Getting a conflict report would be enough to know that 3DNPCs is probably altering Windhelm's navmeshes in a way that hasn't taken bugfixes into consideration.