[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Since Skyrim and for plugins that are translatable, like all vanilla ones, are the text is outside of the espX. The "Unofficial ... Patch" though do not use translatable plugins because coordinating translations with releases was a nightmare for Arthmoor. Those contains their own strings. (I haven't used it in a long time but my script ExportImportTexts.pas should give you a starting point for extracting text data).

Is there any hidden danger of changing a script reference from one spell to another with xEdit, specifically in Fallout 3?  For example, in the FWE script that applies the toolkit spell when you have a toolkit in your inventory, changing the script reference from the toolkit spell to the workbench spell, so you get the same boost to repair when you have a toolkit as when you are standing next to the workbench.  Wondering if there were any problems with editing script references in this manner using xEdit?  I tried it last night and it seemed to work fine, but I am still learning how scripts work so I wanted to check. 

31 minutes ago, Turija said:

Is there any hidden danger of changing a script reference from one spell to another with xEdit, specifically in Fallout 3?  For example, in the FWE script that applies the toolkit spell when you have a toolkit in your inventory, changing the script reference from the toolkit spell to the workbench spell, so you get the same boost to repair when you have a toolkit as when you are standing next to the workbench.  Wondering if there were any problems with editing script references in this manner using xEdit?  I tried it last night and it seemed to work fine, but I am still learning how scripts work so I wanted to check. 

If xEdit accepts your new reference, then such (reference) record type is allowed in this particular field from data integrity pov. But how it'll work in the game is a completely different question.

5 hours ago, hlp said:

Since Skyrim and for plugins that are translatable, like all vanilla ones, are the text is outside of the espX. The "Unofficial ... Patch" though do not use translatable plugins because coordinating translations with releases was a nightmare for Arthmoor. Those contains their own strings. (I haven't used it in a long time but my script ExportImportTexts.pas should give you a starting point for extracting text data).

The grand majority of normal ESM/ESP plugins made by modders are going to have the strings edited directly because trying to support multilingual files isn't easy when the game will crash if a language the user is set for is missing. It's a good system in theory, but in practice it's just not that useful to modders.

38 minutes ago, zilav said:

If xEdit accepts your new reference, then such (reference) record type is allowed in this particular field from data integrity pov. 

Great.  Thanks!  As for how it works in game, well at least this particular change seems to work fine, but I will be sure to play test any such changes thoroughly.  Thanks again.  

How do I copy a Cell and its references as new records to a plugin?

When I copy a Cell and its references as overrides to a plugin, and then change the Form IDs to remove the override state, I can't open the plugin due to a stack overflow exception.

7 hours ago, fireundubh said:

How do I copy a Cell and its references as new records to a plugin?

When I copy a Cell and its references as overrides to a plugin, and then change the Form IDs to remove the override state, I can't open the plugin due to a stack overflow exception.

Manually select all records you wish to copy inside the cell and copy as new records, then change the FormID of CELL in your plugin. But linked and master enabled refs will still point to the original ones though, keep that in mind.

7 hours ago, zilav said:

Manually select all records you wish to copy inside the cell and copy as new records, then change the FormID of CELL in your plugin. But linked and master enabled refs will still point to the original ones though, keep that in mind.

Thanks. That worked. By the way, after changing the Form ID of the cell, Clean Masters would not remove the no longer used master. I had to do that manually.

7 minutes ago, fireundubh said:

Thanks. That worked. By the way, after changing the Form ID of the cell, Clean Masters would not remove the no longer used master. I had to do that manually.

Are you sure it is not used? CELL itself and REFRs can still use records from original master somewhere.

Just now, zilav said:

Are you sure it is not used? CELL itself and REFRs can still use records from original master somewhere.

Check for Errors did not produce any results after manually removing the master.

3 minutes ago, fireundubh said:

Check for Errors did not produce any results after manually removing the master.

Use "Report masters.pas" to find master links.

FWIW, I've confirmed that the missing checkbox issue is a bug in the preview versions of Windows 10. Several others have reported it on the Windows Bug Tracker. It's affecting lots of things, not just Delphi. New version just released still has the same problem, so not fixed yet.

1 hour ago, Supierce said:

FWIW, I've confirmed that the missing checkbox issue is a bug in the preview versions of Windows 10. Several others have reported it on the Windows Bug Tracker. It's affecting lots of things, not just Delphi. New version just released still has the same problem, so not fixed yet.

So this is not only Delphi related? That's actually good, more chances to be fixed.

@StochasticTinker Would you be willing to come up with an algorithm that will turn a string into an integer?  I know the strings and the number, just don't have the algorithm.  Also there is a chance there is source code in C by Dave Humphry that would come close to what you need so it might not bee that difficult.  You would need a copy of Morrowind though.

1 hour ago, Sharlikran said:

@StochasticTinker Would you be willing to come up with an algorithm that will turn a string into an integer?  I know the strings and the number, just don't have the algorithm.  Also there is a chance there is source code in C by Dave Humphry that would come close to what you need so it might not bee that difficult.  You would need a copy of Morrowind though.

I don’t have morrowind. Your description is quite vague, there are lots of ways to do what you ask. I’m assuming it’s not a string which holds digits (“86” for example)

do you need a hash of the string? Or is it a mapping of specific strings to specific numbers? Those I can do, just give me more details. 

I don't know tenchospeak anyway. Also I wasn't sure if you would do it. The problem is I hoped you had morrowind because all I can do is give a screen shot of what I am seeing. I don't know what else to provide if you don't have morrowind. Then like I said maybe Dave Humphry on the UESP wiki has a algorithm for MWEdit already. I just haven't looked. I am trying to figure out where the number comes from for the strings when I open the Morrowind CK. Morrowind doesn't have FormIDs and uses strings but I think they used some odd algorithm to come up with some integer for the string.  So I'll have to look into it more first and let you know what I find. Here is at least the screen shots that leads me to believe there is an integer generated for the string IDs in the morrowind CK.

Spoiler

Screen4.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen1.jpg

Question: How is the 'Check Circular Leveled Lists' option supposed to be used ?

I'm asking because I have been using this quite regularly but always found it somewhat suspect that there was never any message displayed  in the 'messages' window. So I made a 'use all' flag leveled list with three items in it, two arbitrarily chosen armors and a reference to itself (evaluating this would theoretically return an infinite number of items). Then I ran the checker, but it did not find it.

Thus, I am wondering now whether the procedure does actually work at all.

Or does it only check for two or more leveled lists cross-referencing itself ?

Or am I just plain stupid and overlooking something obvious ?

4 hours ago, Sclerocephalus said:

Or am I just plain stupid and overlooking something obvious ?

No, you are not. Never used it myself, but it turned out to be bugged after checking the source code. Moreover it wouldn't work in Oblivion at all.

Uploaded new build with fixed circular LL check.

Weird, I know it worked at one point because I used to use it in Oblivion and it would occasionally find something. Circular lists are bad for that game since they will crash it.

4 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Weird, I know it worked at one point because I used to use it in Oblivion and it would occasionally find something. Circular lists are bad for that game since they will crash it.

I don't remember modifying that function myself, but from the looks it was written for Oblivion and probably worked there in the past, then got updated to Fallout3 (since they changed the structure of LL entries by adding extra data) with a bug and ended up not working in any game.

This missing checkbox issue is fixed in the today's Windows Insider build. Microsoft didn't say much, only "We fixed an issue resulting in checkboxes being missing from certain win32 apps."  :)

34 minutes ago, Supierce said:

This missing checkbox issue is fixed in the today's Windows Insider build. Microsoft didn't say much, only "We fixed an issue resulting in checkboxes being missing from certain win32 apps."  :)

Argh I wish I'd known about that. I did a reinstall and resigned from the Insider Program over that exact bug.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:19 PM, zilav said:

No, you are not. Never used it myself, but it turned out to be bugged after checking the source code. Moreover it wouldn't work in Oblivion at all.

Uploaded new build with fixed circular LL check.

Awesome, thanks for the fix! Every time I run it in Oblivion it finds two of them belonging to Oblivion.esm. I pretty much just ignored it since I use Wrye Bash's Merge Leveled Lists function in the Bashed Patch. Though I always run it on mods I'm cleaning. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever found one on a mod I've cleaned (several hundred).

4 hours ago, Supierce said:

Strange, I've not had this problem - at all. Tried on Oblivion, SSE, & FO4. Checkboxes all appeared fine for me under Win10 Home, Anniversary Update & current Fall Creators Update 1709-16299.64. Glad they got it working for you Supierce! Sorry, Beermotor, to hear you had to go to those lengths only to have it fixed. :(