[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

1 hour ago, zilav said:

xEdit is a tool like a hammer for example, result depends on who uses it and how.

If you moved topics into another plugin you also need to change the path of voice files which depends on the plugin's name, changing FormID is not enough.

I know, i wrote in post "...renaming voice files with new id". I just thought, maybe xEdit have bugs with topic structure handle, because can't find my error. If xEdit work fine with topics means i made error, anyway. Will try one more time.

14 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I just want to confirm what I did is correct.

Yes.

12 hours ago, elderscrollerr said:

I know, i wrote in post "...renaming voice files with new id". I just thought, maybe xEdit have bugs with topic structure handle, because can't find my error. If xEdit work fine with topics means i made error, anyway. Will try one more time.

There are no known bugs associated with topics handling in any game.

23 hours ago, elderscrollerr said:

Depending on which game you're modding (Skyrim / FO4 / SSE for sure, dunno for older ones), you might need to regenerate the .seq file for the plugin you merged everything into, in order to have digalogues working reliably if they're hosted in a "start game enabled quest".

1 hour ago, Kesta said:

Depending on which game you're modding (Skyrim / FO4 / SSE for sure, dunno for older ones), you might need to regenerate the .seq file for the plugin you merged everything into, in order to have digalogues working reliably if they're hosted in a "start game enabled quest".

Thanks. i know about .seq, "start game enabled", "run once".... etc. Today or tomorrow will work with dialogues at mods merging again, will see. Game is SSE

On 2017-05-29 at 7:45 AM, zilav said:

There are no known bugs associated with topics handling in any game.

Are you sure?  Morrowind seems to have a dialogue bug at least in the CS.

Is MXPF by Mator work with SSEdit? I need to custom "copy as override" functional to forwarding definite subrecords from plugin to other plugin, for examle, Lighting templates from lighting mod

@elderscrollerr Should work right out of the box, but you should probably ask Mator directly rather than here.

About the worldspace browser: is there a way to force the "Location" overlay to take into account "child" location ? Right know if a cell have a location "CityLocationFarm", which is a child of "CityLocation", and I want to display the whole "CityLocation" as overlay, the cell with "CityLocationFarm" will de excluded.

4 hours ago, Kesta said:

About the worldspace browser: is there a way to force the "Location" overlay to take into account "child" location ? Right know if a cell have a location "CityLocationFarm", which is a child of "CityLocation", and I want to display the whole "CityLocation" as overlay, the cell with "CityLocationFarm" will de excluded.

It already recursively takes in account all child locations based on "referenced by" information (so it requires built references to work properly). You can uncomment this line

//AddMessage('Processing child location of ' + Name(loc) + ' : ' + Name(ref));

to see what locations are being drawn.

11 minutes ago, zilav said:

It already recursively takes in account all child locations based on "referenced by" information (so it requires built references to work properly). You can uncomment this line

//AddMessage('Processing child location of ' + Name(loc) + ' : ' + Name(ref));

to see what locations are being drawn.

Haha, you're right... I actually have a much much bigger problem... xD 

• 2 weeks later...

I had just cleaned my mod from *dirty updates* while working on an update.  It's a good idea to backup a mod upon exiting TES5Edit.

Although, I wonder if there is an option to actually load the last existing backup next time the user launch TES5Edit, in case one would like to *remove* the latest progress instead of manually searching for the last made entries in a mod?

• 2 weeks later...

Minor:

ANAM - Aliases Marker field in QUST records The value display as a hexadecimal, while it should really be an (unsigned) integer.

13 hours ago, Kesta said:

Minor:

ANAM - Aliases Marker field in QUST records The value display as a hexadecimal, while it should really be an (unsigned) integer.

Does this value affect anything? Usually only the presense of marker subrecords has meaning, not their value. That's why all markers are displayed as a raw hex data.

3 hours ago, zilav said:

Does this value affect anything? Usually only the presense of marker subrecords has meaning, not their value. That's why all markers are displayed as a raw hex data.

This is the value of the ID that the next Alias added through the CK will have (and the CK will increment it accordingly when adding one). If you got 3 aliases, they'll have number 1, 2, and 3, and the marker will be at 4. 

The value is "useful" to track down potentially deleted aliases (If you see the marker is at 7, but you only have 2 aliases with ID 1 and 2, you know womething went wrong at some point and aliases 3, 4, 5, and 6 have been created then deleted at some point). 

So it shouldn't be called a marker :)

The CK loads it like an integer and it seems the Runtime ignores it. (Same in Fallout 4 and SSE)

Edited by hlp
Typo

1 hour ago, hlp said:

So it shouldn't be called a marker :)

The CK loads it like an integer and it seems the Runtime ignores it. (Same in Fallout 4 and SSE)

Yes, that'd make sense considering what the subrecord is used for. I guess "index" would be more appropriate than marker.

It isn't ignored though. If you create a new alias it will be assigned an ID that matches that marker, which will then be incremented and the new marker value stored in the esp.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but wasn't there a "remove unecessary peristence flag on references" script at some point in the scripts toolbox ? I know of a certain mod that could definitely benefit from it.

6 hours ago, Kesta said:

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but wasn't there a "remove unecessary peristence flag on references" script at some point in the scripts toolbox ? I know of a certain mod that could definitely benefit from it.

Nope, because "unnecessary" persistence is to vague in Skyrim and FO4 due to the multiple persistence levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a problem with one of my FO4 mods during the last couple of days. One of my latest edits resulted in a CTD on launch.

Neither xEdit nor the FO4 CK did detect any error in the corrupt file. In the end, it turned out to be a simple mistake: an object modification I added to an armor was referencing a non-existing addon index (that simple !).

My question: considering the consequences of such a simple edit and the ease of overlooking it, could that be included in the xEdit error check routine (i.e. the one that runs when I right click on the mod and select 'check for errors') ?

EDIT:

Even better though: simply disallow any incorrect edits of the ID in the editor.

It can be error checked for invalid index, but I don't mod FO4, so will need a test plugin with such error and why it is invalid (against what indices it shoud be matched).

Will upload a few screenshots that tell you everything you need to know.

The data we're talking about are in armor objects. As an example to look at more closely, I have chosen an armor from Fallout4.esm.

The 'Models' record specifies the armor addons an armor is based on. There may be any number of addons specified, and each addon has an addon index. In the following screenshot, they are in the red circle:

Now, if you scroll down to the end of the right-hand tab, there is a record named 'Object Template', which may onsist of any number of 'Combination' sub-records. One of these sub-records is shown in the next screenshot:

Every combination record specifies  a combination of several rmods that may be added to the armor at the same time. (they are specified in the 'Include' section at the end of the record).  Some mods will change the 3D art of the armor, and this is where the addon index comes into play again: if a mod combination is supposed to change the 3D art, it must reference one of the armor addons by specifying its addon index. This is the 'ID' value (in red brackets in the second screenshot). Maybe you could change the display name into 'Addon Index' to clarify what this value stands for.

In addition to the addon indices (as listed in the 'Models' record), a default value of -1 is allowed as well (which simply means that the mod combination will not change the 3D art of the armor). Thus, for this example, only the values -1, 1, 2 and 3 are allowed.

If you add a new combination to the list  (by right-clicking on the 'Combinations' header and clicking 'add' in the drop-down menu), xEdit creates a new sub-record with the ID set to zero by default - but this is not always a valid option. The default value should be -1 instead.

1 hour ago, Sclerocephalus said:

The data we're talking about are in armor objects. As an example to look at more closely, I have chosen an armor from Fallout4.esm.

Does this ID field always point to the addon index, or it can hold other values depending on some external factors such as record type? Also is 0 index valid or they always start from 1?