[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

I have a question about the SSE updates.

I know xedit is just the same exe all the time and you can rename it or use shortcuts to open it for different games.

Now the SSE is getting the most attention and updates, going through iterations at the speed at which new things are learned about the changes from the other games.

So far i've always just kept one version of xedit with shortcuts for all games.

while the kinks for SSE are ironed out, can i do that still, without the risk of issues introduced to the older games, while the code is being updated for sse?

Of is the older version for Skyrim safer if i'm still using the LE mostly?

i.e. should i keep my old version for the matured games and a separated one just for SSE, or do the SSE updates carry no code changes for the other games?

Thanks a bunch

Would it be easy to add a Location overlay to the worldspace browser?  Locations have hierarchy though but I was thinking you could choose Nth level children to view.  Such as all the holds (WhiterunHold, HaafingarHold, RiftHold, etc) being Level 1 and then their children being Level 2 (WhiterunLocation, RiftenLocation, MarkarthLocation, etc.).   I need this for something pretty specific, but I suppose that it can be used for other reasons.  Generically, to be able to compile a list of locations to check against in script for any number of things. In my case turning an effect on/off during location changes.   And being able to eyeball the locations on a map is better than trudging through records. :)

Zilav

Could we have a function to redate a master plugin in SSEEdit ?

Reference the most recent changes to SSE 1.2.39, Bethesda now have taken the DLC plugins out of plugins.txt, those masters are only listed in the in-game Addons menu.

Load Ordering of everything else is as it was via plugins text, but the official masters are loading according to their timestamps ..

.. Which means they can be out of order for anything referencing them and formIDs

See this topic https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/5102/user-made-esm-files-get-marked-to-load-before-official-content?page=1

Bethesda may well implement the DLC Masters to load in the correct order irrespective of timestamp at a future date ( they have not said ) .. But currently they do not, so we need a way to change timestamps on the official masters ourselves.

Wrye Bash is capable, but its a long way off being useable for SSE for the majority of the community

NMM has dropped listing the masters similar to the official method, but not sure if it redates masters to force them into the correct load order .. And it does the virtualisation thing which is undesireable for a lot of us

Soo, could you please add such a function to SSEEdit ?

I think all we need to do is add a minute or two to each of them

So currently they all have the exact same date and time

e8LTknU.png

If we could make ...

Dawnguard.esm 28/10/2016 01:10

Hearthfires.esm 28/10/2016 01:11

Dragonborn.esm 28/10/2016 01:12 

... for example

Taking update.esm Date / Time as the base, increment each of the other by a further minute to the last.

And not automatically, I think it needs to be a menu item or a script, somewhere the user has to seek out to apply it.

I think that would be all that is needed.

Well the code for that is already present from the Oblivion days. the problem is that this should be handled by the mod manager you use, not xEdit.

Yeah see, I did mention that Wrye Bash is a long way off being a viable option for the community for SSE

And NMM would not be any kind of choice for a lot of us due to its virtualisation ( even if it does redate the official plugins .. idk )

There are also Manual users who will never use a Mod manager, which currently is my preference aswell

or users who may always just use Bethesdas in game method of managing mods which has become a thing, and is failing at this aspect .. is the problem.

Aaand, I did say Please, I'll do it again .. PLEEEEAASE ! :)

And yet xEdit is NOT a mod manager and we have constantly refused to open this Pandora's box.

By the way, if you are managing your mods manually, you should use touch for the timestamps :)

Touch .. <searches> .. 

Ah Linux .. hmm

Well I just remembered NirSoft used to do a File Date Changer - That has evolved into BulkFileChanger ..

.. which does a whole lot more than it used to.

I reckon Nir Sofer is going to get a bit more custom than usual :)

Edit : For anyone who may not trust the link and tool, he is well trusted by many .. have a read of another recommend I just found ..

http://www.howtogeek.com/203154/how-to-change-created-or-modified-timestamps-for-files-and-folders/

I have used a few of his projects in the past

Edit : Works a treat adding just one minute for each ..

gallery_1652_58_1726.png

Would it be easy to add a Location overlay to the worldspace browser?  Locations have hierarchy though but I was thinking you could choose Nth level children to view.  Such as all the holds (WhiterunHold, HaafingarHold, RiftHold, etc) being Level 1 and then their children being Level 2 (WhiterunLocation, RiftenLocation, MarkarthLocation, etc.).   I need this for something pretty specific, but I suppose that it can be used for other reasons.  Generically, to be able to compile a list of locations to check against in script for any number of things. In my case turning an effect on/off during location changes.   And being able to eyeball the locations on a map is better than trudging through records. :)

Try this one http://pastebin.com/raw/MbEZqW9T

New menu option to overlay selected location(s) cells, and cells of their recursive child locations. Find and uncomment "Processing child location" line if you want to see the full list of scanned locations.

Keep in mind this only draws cells that have XLCN subrecord with location set.

Thanks. Works perfectly.

Edit:  Actually, one minor quibble.  In the selection window, it lists locations that aren't even in the actual worldspace, i.e. locations that are inside the city worldspace.  Like RiftenBlacksmithLocation or MarkarthEndonsHouseLocation.   Is there any way to hide these? 

Thanks. Works perfectly.

Edit:  Actually, one minor quibble.  In the selection window, it lists locations that aren't even in the actual worldspace, i.e. locations that are inside the city worldspace.  Like RiftenBlacksmithLocation or MarkarthEndonsHouseLocation.   Is there any way to hide these? 

No idea how to differentiate them by a worldspace apart from performing the full scan of their hierarchy and all their references which could be slow.

Yeah I figured as much.  For the most part it's easy to tell right away if a Location is in an interior/city worldspace just by the name.  Just a lot to wade through.   By scanning their hierarchy,  does that include something like filtering the list by a certain depth?   I don't think interiors can be less than 4 deep.  Tamriel > Hold > City > Interior.  

Or perhaps more simply, I don't mind having to just edit the script by hand and I can reject anything that doesn't say its direct parent is TamrielLocation "Tamriel" [LCTN:000130FF].  I assume that's between lines 1187-1188 in the pas file?

Or perhaps more simply, I don't mind having to just edit the script by hand and I can reject anything that doesn't say its direct parent is TamrielLocation "Tamriel" [LCTN:000130FF].  I assume that's between lines 1187-1188 in the pas file?

Yes, change that line

if IsMaster(loc) and (GetElementEditValues(loc, 'PNAM') = 'TamrielLocation "Tamriel" [LCTN:000130FF]') then

can the latest build be used for tes4lodgen, by renaming the executable? or is it advisable to go with an older build..

All newer versions/builds are always backwards compatible with previous games. At least we are trying to preserve compatiblity and are very causious with changes that might affect other games. If you enconter errors with newer builds that are not present in older versions, then please report asap.

@xEdit Team

How is looking matter of cleaning ESM for FO4?

I mean, Fallout4.esm and DLCs.

No idea, I uninstalled it long time ago. Only ESMs and a few BA2 files left to run FO4Edit.

On the subject of Wrye Bash: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/443

Works just fine in SSE. What functionality is supposed to be missing?

Sharls version ? .. Well for the masses his version of standalone does not have an installer for one, ok for us veteran users but a bit of a fudge it for the majority

When I tried it in Sharls own words "Probably won't do the EXE installer because lots of files need updated for that. As long as new users check the Description Page and get the MSVC redist and the Skyrim SE version of LOOT, that should get people by until things are updated a little better."

( See the very first page of his comments topic on nexus )

Its probably come along since, but Sharl doesnt know Python so I would rather go with Utumno's branch proper if I am testing anything Wrye Bash related

Unfortunately Utumno's version although it is coming along I couldnt get his newest version of standalone to start http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1606578-wrye-bash-thread-111/page-6#entry25258254

Maybe its better in the Python version .. I wouldnt know.

BSAs still need to be looked into extracting string files, associated with LZ4 compression needs adopting

:) But I have noticed that Utumno has already looked into redating plugins .. Is that live in Sharls version ?

No idea, I uninstalled it long time ago. Only ESMs and a few BA2 files left to run FO4Edit.

There's only one way to tell. try and report back! :)

The definitions should be correct now, but the engine still have some unusual way of doing things so it is hard to give a definitive answer.