[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Persistent refs should not be added to ONAMs, or better say they do nothing if put there. I fixed that recently during FO4Edit stage of development.

Uploaded new build.

RNAM subrecords in WRLD are preserved now, anyone who rushed to clean vanilla files must restore backups and reclean them. Or don't clean until we settle with SSE inner working decoding.

RNAMs in Skyrim.esm are still wiped out because:

1) they are merged at runtime and the game master file is never saved by xEdit

2) they slow down xEdit to a crawl when browsing worldspaces

Where are these RNAM subrecords supposed to show up? I just installed the updated SSEEdit and I'm not seeing them in the WRLD records for any of the DLCs. I have not cleaned them yet either.

Uploaded new build.

RNAM subrecords in WRLD are preserved now, anyone who rushed to clean vanilla files must restore backups and reclean them. Or don't clean until we settle with SSE inner working decoding.

RNAMs in Skyrim.esm are still wiped out because:

1) they are merged at runtime and the game master file is never saved by xEdit

2) they slow down xEdit to a crawl when browsing worldspaces

You might want to add a big red statement to Nexus as well, as I've seen a lot of people cleaning files already.

Where are these RNAM subrecords supposed to show up? I just installed the updated SSEEdit and I'm not seeing them in the WRLD records for any of the DLCs. I have not cleaned them yet either.

Go to Options and uncheck "Hide never shown". I decided to hide them by default because they complicate comparing worldspace records due to large size, and they also don't require conflicts resolution themselves. No need for ordinary users to see them at all.

You might want to add a big red statement to Nexus as well, as I've seen a lot of people cleaning files already.

I don't know how many surprises are still left to be discovered in SSE, don't want to put exclamations each time. Besides this issue is not serious, it doesn't break quests or corrupt saves. The one with zlib compression was serious and I warned appropriately.

Go to Options and uncheck "Hide never shown". I decided to hide them by default because they complicate comparing worldspace records due to large size, and they also don't require conflicts resolution themselves. No need for ordinary users to see them at all.

Thanks. If the information is missing from an ESP entirely does it need to be repaired manually for each worldspace?

I don't know how many surprises are still left to be discovered in SSE, don't want to put exclamations each time. Besides this issue is not serious, it doesn't break quests or corrupt saves. The one with zlib compression was serious and I warned appropriately.

I've put a PSA on reddit about it. Not that it's getting much attention (buried under "XXX have FINALLY been ported"...), but at least some more people will be aware of it.

Thanks. If the information is missing from an ESP entirely does it need to be repaired manually for each worldspace?

This information should be generated by CK automatically, Sheson will contact with you soon about that. There is a critical bug in SSE that needs to be fixed, otherwise it could end up pretty bad for SSE modding.

In short RNAMs are critical for LODs in SSE and right now they work only in ESM flagged plugins. Sounds familiar, isnt it? (hint: navmesh bug).

He already mentioned it to me, yes. In USSEP's case once they fix the load order bug we're fine because we'll turn the ESM flag back on, but other mods can't really be doing that or it'll just cause chaos.

Hey there, back again with another question.  The newest update is showing lots of Shader Particle Geometry errors and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BojiOuZ.jpg

Do I just need to rebuild them?  And is the form version (44 vs. 34) a problem?

Here is what it looks like with the version I've been using before I updated today (SSEEdit 3.1.3-164-3-1-3): http://i.imgur.com/AJaElgL.jpg

SPGD is a total mess right now, Form Version 44 should have more data when I saved them in CK.

Do your shaders even work in game? MangaClub from Vivid Wethers said that saving shaders in CK breaks them from working in game completely.

Fadingsignal, I can confirm that what SSEEdit has for SPGD is correct. I came up with the same results as Zilav trying to troubleshoot it for Wrye bash. I'll look into fixing the file as sometimes I'm pretty good at making patches for things that don't turn out well.  ;)

Zilav -- Correct, editing shaders in the CK completely breaks them.  If you simply load up the base ESMs and make a change at all, then save, the resulting plugin will not work in game (invisible particles due to crazy numbers and box size 0), and the values shown in SSEEdit when inspecting will be insane large numbers everywhere like I showed in that first post a few days back.  In fact, simply opening a plug-in that contains particle shaders in the CK, making an unrelated change (i.e. a keyword) and saving the plug-in breaks them the same way, then have to be repaired in SSEEdit.

The version of SSEEdit I was using, and just reverted to works fine however; shaders work great in-game as expected (SSEEdit 3.1.3-164-3-1-3).  I released True Storms today on Nexus/Bethesda.net without any issues even.

Zilav -- Correct, editing shaders in the CK completely breaks them.  If you simply load up the base ESMs and make a change at all, then save, the resulting plugin will not work in game (invisible particles due to crazy numbers and box size 0), and the values shown in SSEEdit when inspecting will be insane large numbers everywhere like I showed in that first post a few days back.  In fact, simply opening a plug-in that contains particle shaders in the CK, making an unrelated change (i.e. a keyword) and saving the plug-in breaks them the same way, then have to be repaired in SSEEdit.

The version of SSEEdit I was using, and just reverted to works fine however; shaders work great in-game as expected (SSEEdit 3.1.3-164-3-1-3).  I released True Storms today on Nexus/Bethesda.net without any issues even.

Yeah from my understanding Form Version 44 of SPGD is broken right now, so don't believe what xEdit shows you there. Only older Form Versions are fine.

OK thank you.  I don't understand enough about the form versions, so pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason they're still form version 34 in the master Skyrim.esm but become version 44 when they're copied/overridden by xEdit?

Bethesda has an internal editor.  They just lie, our CK is not the same as their editor.  They use version control as well and have multiple people working on the ESM.  When you see differences like that it's because the original record size and version was 34, they don't update it with their internal editor.  That is to say they don't save Skyrim.esm again to change or update the record. 

Did you know they recycle the previous games plugin format?  FO4 plugins were based off of Skyrim.  For every version of Wrye I have to unpack or parse through records and when I find an old record with a smaller size I have to unpack it and add default values to it. I am pretty sure xEdit does something similar.  There are FNV formatted records in the original Skyrim.esm for the old Skyrim.  There are even FO3 sized records in Oblivion or Oblivion sized in FO3 I forget which way it is now.

• Like 1

99% chance this is just the result of me doing something wrong, but I figure I might as well report it:

exception message  : Access violation at address 00405B2A in module 'SSEEdit.exe'. Read of address 00000280.

main thread ($c80):
00405b2a +006 SSEEdit.exe  System      1044   +0 TObject.Free
00406cf2 +02a SSEEdit.exe  System      1044   +0 @HandleFinallyInternal
7709e51d +0dd ntdll.dll                          RtlUnwind
00406119 +01d SSEEdit.exe  System      1044   +0 @AfterConstruction
00491e07 +067 SSEEdit.exe  SysUtils              Exception.CreateFmt
770af54a +00a ntdll.dll                          KiUserExceptionDispatcher
00bee274 +acc SSEEdit.exe  frmViewMain 9723 +141 TfrmMain.mniNavUndeleteAndDisableReferencesClick
00406c7a +05a SSEEdit.exe  System      1044   +0 @HandleFinally
770af524 +034 ntdll.dll                          KiUserCallbackDispatcher
00beda5d +2b5 SSEEdit.exe  frmViewMain 9644  +62 TfrmMain.mniNavUndeleteAndDisableReferencesClick
0052825b +0a7 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TMenuItem.Click
00529757 +013 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TMenu.DispatchCommand
0052a936 +082 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TPopupList.WndProc
0050cf88 +02c SSEEdit.exe  Controls              TWinControl.MainWndProc
0052a885 +01d SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TPopupList.MainWndProc
004c71cc +014 SSEEdit.exe  Classes               StdWndProc
76a6d0db +00b user32.dll                         DispatchMessageW
005b44f7 +0f3 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.ProcessMessage
005b453a +00a SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.HandleMessage
005b4865 +0c9 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.Run
00c1928c +068 SSEEdit.exe  TES5Edit      84   +8 initialization
76c18692 +022 KERNEL32.DLL                       BaseThreadInitThunk

main thread ($c80), inner exception level 1:
>> EAccessViolation, Access violation at address 00BEE4B2 in module 'SSEEdit.exe'. Read of address 00000000
00bee4b2 +d0a SSEEdit.exe  frmViewMain 9753 +171 TfrmMain.mniNavUndeleteAndDisableReferencesClick
00bee274 +acc SSEEdit.exe  frmViewMain 9723 +141 TfrmMain.mniNavUndeleteAndDisableReferencesClick
00406c7a +05a SSEEdit.exe  System      1044   +0 @HandleFinally
770af524 +034 ntdll.dll                          KiUserCallbackDispatcher
0052825b +0a7 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TMenuItem.Click
00529757 +013 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TMenu.DispatchCommand
0052a936 +082 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TPopupList.WndProc
0050cf88 +02c SSEEdit.exe  Controls              TWinControl.MainWndProc
0052a885 +01d SSEEdit.exe  Menus                 TPopupList.MainWndProc
004c71cc +014 SSEEdit.exe  Classes               StdWndProc
76a6d0db +00b user32.dll                         DispatchMessageW
005b44f7 +0f3 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.ProcessMessage
005b453a +00a SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.HandleMessage
005b4865 +0c9 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                 TApplication.Run
00c1928c +068 SSEEdit.exe  TES5Edit      84   +8 initialization
76c18692 +022 KERNEL32.DLL                       BaseThreadInitThunk

main thread ($c80), inner exception level 2:
>> EAccessViolation, Access violation at address 005F9724 in module 'SSEEdit.exe'. Read of address 00000280
005f9724 +018 SSEEdit.exe  VirtualTrees 29963  +4 TBaseVirtualTree.GetPrevious
00beda5d +2b5 SSEEdit.exe  frmViewMain   9644 +62 TfrmMain.mniNavUndeleteAndDisableReferencesClick
0052825b +0a7 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                  TMenuItem.Click
00529757 +013 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                  TMenu.DispatchCommand
0052a936 +082 SSEEdit.exe  Menus                  TPopupList.WndProc
0050cf88 +02c SSEEdit.exe  Controls               TWinControl.MainWndProc
0052a885 +01d SSEEdit.exe  Menus                  TPopupList.MainWndProc
004c71cc +014 SSEEdit.exe  Classes                StdWndProc
76a6d0db +00b user32.dll                          DispatchMessageW
005b44f7 +0f3 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                  TApplication.ProcessMessage
005b453a +00a SSEEdit.exe  Forms                  TApplication.HandleMessage
005b4865 +0c9 SSEEdit.exe  Forms                  TApplication.Run
00c1928c +068 SSEEdit.exe  TES5Edit        84  +8 initialization
76c18692 +022 KERNEL32.DLL                        BaseThreadInitThunk

thread $1764:
76c18692 +22 KERNEL32.DLL  BaseThreadInitThunk

thread $2700:

thread $27b4:

thread $27a4:

@DarthVitrial: Not a lot of info there. Looks like Undelete And Disable References was clicked- does it happen on a second pass?. Or perhaps something is corrupted- were you trying to clean Update.esm or another mod?

@Zilav: Just curious, is SSEedit a 64 bit build?

99% chance this is just the result of me doing something wrong, but I figure I might as well report it:

exception message  : Access violation at address 00405B2A in module 'SSEEdit.exe'. Read of address 00000280.

So what did you do to get the error?

I was trying to clean masters on skyrim se latest beta. The error does not happen on a second run. I think it might be dawnguard.esm that it crashed when cleaning?

It crashed when saving when I closed sseedit, not when actually cleaning the masters.

I was trying to clean masters on skyrim se latest beta. The error does not happen on a second run. I think it might be dawnguard.esm that it crashed when cleaning?

It crashed when saving when I closed sseedit, not when actually cleaning the masters.

If plugin has been saved already then it doesn't matter what happens in clean up code.

If plugin has been saved already then it doesn't matter what happens in clean up code.

Yeah, it didn't seem to break anything, but dawnguard still needed cleaning the second time I ran sseedit after it crashed.

Anyway, just felt like it might be worth reporting.

There's a minor issue with SSEEdit on launch. It selects all mods by default rather than whatever the current load order is. Not a huge problem but would be nice to see fixed.

There's a minor issue with SSEEdit on launch. It selects all mods by default rather than whatever the current load order is. Not a huge problem but would be nice to see fixed.

Will be fixed in the next build.