[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Thanks Nico. Alright, we are going back to Skyrim style icon since SSE is the latest (un)released Bethesda title and I'll put pipboy icon as an optional download on FO4Edit Nexus page.

Grab it here with a couple of other icons that I converted using this icon tool. ;)

Because we don't have any :innocent:

Elminster even used the default Delphi icon.

Why not use the "Wrye Monkey" icon I included in the archive.

Shader Particle Geometry records appear to get jumbled a bit.  I made some changes, but when re-loading the plugin the values were all different (for example x scale was 1.5, but reloading it became 40, etc.)

Very excited, thank you guys for always being on top of this.

EDIT: It looks like this is likely a CK bug.  Making any changes to shader particle geometry in the CK renders those particles invisible.  It seems the CK is writing bad values.  I reported this to Bethesda.

EDIT 2: Could be an issue on both sides.  Loading a plugin made in the CK with edits to particle geometry gives me:

<Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] ParticleProblem.esp \ [1] GRUP Top "SPGD" \ [0] RainStormParticles [sPGD:0010780F] \ [2] DATA - Data>
<Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] ParticleProblem.esp \ [1] GRUP Top "SPGD" \ [1] RainParticles [sPGD:00023C48] \ [2] DATA - Data>
<Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] ParticleProblem.esp \ [1] GRUP Top "SPGD" \ [0] RainStormParticles [sPGD:0010780F] \ [2] DATA - Data>

Sorry to blather on, as always just shoveling info in case it helps.

Uploaded new build to fix the issue with SPGD.

When editing in CK it saves with Form Version 44 using FO4 format. None of vanilla files touched SPGDs that's why I missed this. Actually if editing SPGD in CK makes them not working in game like you say, it is possile that they forgot to update the game itself to read that new format, but I'm only speculating here.

This build also preserves the overall width of record's tree and it's colums widths. Keep in mind that columns width in the right "view" tree are dynamic and controlled by right click menu, and you can set their default width in Options.

Zilav: You're a machine!  Thank you!

I've confirmed that editing the SPGD in the SE CK is what breaks it.  When I open it with SSEEdit and repair the values, it works fine in the game again, even with the previous version before you added the fixes.

In short, the CK has a bug.

Uploaded new build, you MUST update.

Unfortunately I have bad news. After we upgraded to the new zlib 1.2.8 on a path to move to x64, looks like it's compression routine caused (better say has a chance) issues with plugins which use compressed records: NPC_, CELL, LAND, NAVM

When opening in CK there will be errors like

TESFILES: ...... zlib... compression........

But don't panick, the chance for that is quite low and it affects maybe 1-2 records. Copy your  "good" version of mod under a different name, then load "bad" one in xEdit, right click -> Compare to, load the good one. This will align 2 mods against each other so you can easily spot any issues. You can even Apply Filter for Cleaning to color changes.

Once again sorry for inconvinience. I myself resaved a 250MB esm file as a test and didn't spot anything, that's why it slipped through. Still please keep an eye on your plugins just in case.

The download on Nexus is giving me the exe from 2 days ago. I think you need to bump the filename somehow because it looks like their CDN is serving old files again.

The download on Nexus is giving me the exe from 2 days ago. I think you need to bump the filename somehow because it looks like their CDN is serving old files again.

Oh Nexus. I added commit hash, please try again.

It appears to be being very stubborn, that didn't do the trick.

Yeah I'm reuploading, again. Why do they ignore that bug for years is beyond my understanding.

So from now on SSEEedit is the XEdit for all games (FO3+4/ NV/ Skyrim/ Skyrim SE)? Get a little confusen by all the different Nexus pages with this great tool...

Ahem... is the SE CK available? Where?

Uploaded new build with SSE support (rename to SSEEdit.exe)

Updated Assets Brower, Assets Manager, Worldspace Browser and Weather Editor scripts for SSE.

Assets Browser understands new SSE BSA format and can unpack it.

List of changes compared to Skyrim:

- new records VOLI and LENS

- CRDT format in WEAP

- WTHR format

- material data (snow flag) in STAT

- flow params in WATR

- 32 bits flags in CELL

If you know of any other changes in SSE that we missed and must be addressed in SSEEdit then please post.

So this is the TES5Edit for Skyrim SE? Where can I find it?

So this is the TES5Edit for Skyrim SE? Where can I find it?

zilav said:

"xEdit is the same renamed executable for all supported games."

That was my question too

It is the same executable, though I'll be uploading new builds on SSE Nexus page for now. However we plan to upper version number and make a release on all Nexus pages relatively soon. Just need more time to test the SSE part.

was almoust impossible to find thanks .

Will the new Xedit be a different thing than SSEEdit?

xEdit is SSEEdit, TES5Edit, TES4Edit, FO3Edit, FO4Edit, FNVEdit, TES4LODGen, FO3LODGen, FNVLODGen, TES5LODGen, MasterUpdate, MasterRestore, etc.

Has the list of what gets included in the ONAM (Overridden Forms) field changed for the Special Edition?

I just turned Wyrmstooth.esp back into a false flagged ESM after saving the plugin in the new CK to update it for SE. But when I loaded it back into SSEEdit to check, the ONAM field in the header was empty, whereas the original plugin had one entry there – [REFR:0010C2F3] (places AMBShipCreakDeck2DLP [sOUN:0010C2E9] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -17,22). As a test I saved the old plugin in SSEEdit, then loaded it back in, and the ONAM field was removed.

(Also, selecting the ESM flag in the header and saving is the recognised way to convert an ESP into an ESM, right?)