[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Think I found bug with the "Compare referenced records in the row" function. This is what I get:

21kOnlO.png

The changed model shows up under max angle for some reason.

Think I found bug with the "Compare referenced records in the row" function. This is what I get:

You compare completely different forms STAT and MSTT, they have different sets of subrecords which don't align against each other due to mismatched indexes in definitions. The left column with change names depending on what record's data is focused.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever heard of PLYR signature ? It showed up on a plugin I'm looking at under a location's ACEP field. As far as the wiki go, it seem this field isn't fully understood yet ?

I'd guess this stand for "Player" and is used in place of the usually expected REFR/ACHR that go here.

Anyone ever heard of PLYR signature ? It showed up on a plugin I'm looking at under a location's ACEP field. As far as the wiki go, it seem this field isn't fully understood yet ?

I'd guess this stand for "Player" and is used in place of the usually expected REFR/ACHR that go here.

PLYR is hex 00000014, the hardcoded FormID for reference to the player record, which is another hardcoded FormID of 00000007

Keep in mind that the true meaning of location's data is unknown, and all currently used labels are vague guesses.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there is a search feature in TES5Edit that would allow me to search for wild edits similar to what I posted here.

Yes, a custom scripted filter.

Does this scripted filter already exist (only need to change a thing or two?) or does this one need to create such a scripted filter?

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded new build with SSE support (rename to SSEEdit.exe)

Updated Assets Brower, Assets Manager, Worldspace Browser and Weather Editor scripts for SSE.

Assets Browser understands new SSE BSA format and can unpack it.

List of changes compared to Skyrim:

- new records VOLI and LENS

- CRDT format in WEAP

- WTHR format

- material data (snow flag) in STAT

- flow params in WATR

- 32 bits flags in CELL

If you know of any other changes in SSE that we missed and must be addressed in SSEEdit then please post.

Thanks for the quick (pre-release actually :P ) update!

- CRDT format in WEAP

That's the only thing that surprise me... what did they change in here ? oO

Thanks for the quick (pre-release actually :P ) update!

That's the only thing that surprise me... what did they change in here ? oO

Relocated crit spell position in subrecord.

So weapons are not compatible?

I'm not sure if there's an executable version of SSEdit or just the source files. Github is hard. :(

Anyway, can the new SSE xEdit still load Skyrim esps and (after some manual fixing) therefore convert them to SSE esps on save? If so, that would be a big deal because one could load their entire load order and convert it all in one go, solving the problem that people have 200 mods of which 150 are no longer maintained.

So weapons are not compatible?

Records have different Form Version in SSE, the new ones with version 44 have changes in WEAP. But the game and CK understand all versions anyway.

I'm not sure if there's an executable version of SSEdit or just the source files. Github is hard. :(

Download from FO4 nexus and rename to SSEEdit.exe

Anyway, can the new SSE xEdit still load Skyrim esps and (after some manual fixing) therefore convert them to SSE esps on save? If so, that would be a big deal because one could load their entire load order and convert it all in one go, solving the problem that people have 200 mods of which 150 are no longer maintained.

Use CK to convert plugins: load and save in new CK, that's all.

Records have different Form Version in SSE, the new ones with version 44 have changes in WEAP. But the game and CK understand all versions anyway.

Download from FO4 nexus and rename to SSEEdit.exe

Use CK to convert plugins: load and save in new CK, that's all.

I didn't realise the functionality is actually based on the filename. Thanks!

I wanted to see if SSEEdit could handle vanilla Skyrim mods because it is capable of loading multiple mods at the same time. People have load orders with potentially 50 or 100 mods that won't get an official port. It turns out that SSEEdit won't even run without SSE installed, so I'll have to wait a few days. :P

Have just launched the new build and notice two things that I think could be useful.

1.  Add icons for each <game>Edit (FO4, icon for TES4 could be an Oblivion portal, icon for TES5 could be the older TESxEdit Skyrim icon) since I don't like the current FO4Edit icon

2.  Add a number for an object like this - <(counter for placed objects in the CK)> 01000D65 - the (<number>) is for placed objects in total for a mod

I just want a confirmation about how many map markers my mod now has.  After I clean my mod in TES5Edit I get 106 records.  Now, does that mean that my mod now has 106 map markers?

EDIT:   Just clean my mod in the latest TES5Edit when notice this - [00:02] Background Loader: [skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD" - message for Skyrim.esm.  I haven't seen it before and what is the "HAZD" record.

EDIT:   Just clean my mod in the latest TES5Edit when notice this - [00:02] Background Loader: [skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD" - message for Skyrim.esm.  I haven't seen it before and what is the "HAZD" record.

HAZD and don't worry about the issue it's just Bethesda's internal editor. The world will not blow up or anything.

1.  Add icons for each <game>Edit (FO4, icon for TES4 could be an Oblivion portal, icon for TES5 could be the older TESxEdit Skyrim icon) since I don't like the current FO4Edit icon

2.  Add a number for an object like this - <(counter for placed objects in the CK)> 01000D65 - the (<number>) is for placed objects in total for a mod

1. This will require building several executable for all supported games each with own icon. Not going to do that. We can go back to using the icon from TES5Edit if people like it more though.

2. Right click -> Other -> Build Reference Info

1. This will require building several executable for all supported games each with own icon. Not going to do that. We can go back to using the icon from TES5Edit if people like it more though.

2. Right click -> Other -> Build Reference Info

1. No, does not require building several exe files, instead just add more than one icon for one exe file or why not use an icon tool to capture icons from an exe.  Another site I used for my site is this or this.

2. Thanks for the info.

So would you like the icon as a separate download on GitHub? I might have a few files I could zip up for you to apply yourself.  You are showing tools not knowing how the icon is embedded into the program and not considering that Delphi as powerful as it is might not be able to embed more then one icon. Not to mention Zilav may not want to embed more then one icon.  I don't know.  I can't really speak for him.  When making a feature request please consider that things may not work like you expect.

Or it could be a separate archive on the Nexus page for FO4Edit since zilav now only use that for future updates.

Gift:xmastroll:

Thanks Nico. Alright, we are going back to Skyrim style icon since SSE is the latest (un)released Bethesda title and I'll put pipboy icon as an optional download on FO4Edit Nexus page.

Why not just have a generic icon, save all the trouble of trying to please everybody? :my2centsemoticon:

xEdit is it's own thing so I agree a generic icon might be in order. The one Bash displays on games that support seeing it in the folder would work fine for instance.

Why not just have a generic icon, save all the trouble of trying to please everybody? :my2centsemoticon:

Because we don't have any :innocent:

Elminster even used the default Delphi icon.