[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Zilav I dont know if you are aware but all the documentation links on Nexus description and pinned sticky comment posts ( to the wiki cleaning guide for one example, and the old guides which were very detailed on the Creation Kit wiki ) .. All seem to be broken

I think Bethesda have re-organised the site with a couple of landing pages for Skyrim and Fallout CKs, and from there the sub-wiki's branch .. So I would imagine the documentation is still there somewhere, just needs re-linking

Hey Zilav,

I've noticed in the last couple versions of xEdit that it always generates an empty TES5Edit Backup folder in MO overwrite, even when I do not make any alterations to any plugins whatsoever.

To reproduce, just startup xEdit with any combination of plugins (even just Skyrim + DLCs). Wait for background loader to finish and X out of the window. No save prompt, because nothing was altered. But a new folder is generated every time.

I'd be interested to know if this is a bug particular to my system or if it is reproducible by others. xEdit never used to do this...it would only create a Backups folder if I told it to back something up in the "Save Plugins" window prior to closing.

I've noticed in the last couple versions of xEdit that it always generates an empty TES5Edit Backup folder in MO overwrite, even when I do not make any alterations to any plugins whatsoever.

Old MO? Or new MO? Because new MO is an early beta.

Odd, I don't remember it ever doing that before the last couple iterations. But I likely failed to notice it before, or only went in to xEdit to actually change things before, or some similar explanation, I am sure.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.

Odd, I don't remember it ever doing that before the last couple iterations. But I likely failed to notice it before, or only went in to xEdit to actually change things before, or some similar explanation, I am sure.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.

It stop happening if the backup folder is already created in your original Data directory, which happens if you simply launch tes5edit at least once outside of MO. That's the workaround to avoid bothering to check every now and then "what the heck is in my overwrite".

Zilav

I just got a notification that Lojack has updated TES5Edit on Skyrim nexus

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?

Does he have access ?

I wonder because at the same time I got a notification that Wrye Bash was also updated by Lojack today, but Utumno has been I/C of that project for a long time now and he personally did the 306 update ..

.. And the Wrye Bash page is currently being looked at by moderators

Mysterious goings on you might want to look into in case someone has compromised Lojacks Nexus account and has somehow leveraged control over your / Sharlikrans files

( I Have already reported TES5Edit file with my suspicions just in case )

I dont know if Utumno knows about the current circumstance with Wrye Bash on Nexus .. I dont have access to either GitHub or Bethesda old forums anymore so cannot give him a heads up

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/312

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1602198-wrye-bash-thread-109/

TY  :coffee:

Utumno has been active today on Github aswell, the link I gave is to an Issue he has started today for refactoring the patchers, but looking at the releases none seem to have been prepped which I would imagine would have happened on Github first for a 307 release https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/releases

He would have also released 307 himself I would imagine, I havent seen Lojack active anywhere for ages, then all of a sudden he is updating files = very suspicious imho

@ Zilav - TES5Edit file has just gone under moderation too, so I guess they got my message quick enough to prevent more people downloading it

Yep looks like lojack's account was hacked, dunno why does he have access to tes5edit though (probably Sharlikran added him for some reason).

I'm taking care of things now.  He was added like other trusted members such as WrinklyNinja to provide assistance in the absence of other members.

EDIT: Everything should be taken care of.

Grrr - and deleted the files with the download counts. I'll get at them.

Thanks for the heads up alt3rn1ty - how come you are not on the forums anymore ? Your nice colored bug reports are sorely missed :)

EDIT: I see that Tes5Edit is back to business - can't seem to find how to contact moderators of the Nexus - @Sharlikran could you do that ?

I'm taking care of things now.  He was added like other trusted members such as WrinklyNinja to provide assistance in the absence of other members.

EDIT: Everything should be taken care of.

Thanks.

@Sharlikran could you do that ?

The DarkOne has already gotten back to me. I'm working with the community manager. I just don't know how long it will take or what questions they have for me.

The DarkOne has already gotten back to me. I'm working with the community manager. I just don't know how long it will take or what questions they have for me.

Thanks.

I had to revoke admin rights for Lojack - I PM'd him but if anyone can contact him via other means please let him know

Thanks.

I had to revoke admin rights for Lojack - I PM'd him but if anyone can contact him via other means please let him know

He says he has 2fa for GitHub, can you see if that's in fact enabled for him Utumno?  Leave his access however you want but it looks like he is talking to the same community manger I did.  Things should be okay and he says he changed his password for the Nexus.

He says he has 2fa for GitHub, can you see if that's in fact enabled for him Utumno?  Leave his access however you want but it looks like he is talking to the same community manger I did.  Things should be okay and he says he changed his password for the Nexus.

He does but that's not enough for me - I don't know to what extend his accounts have been compromised - heck maybe someone broke into his house and just has his phone too. I 'll wait till he gets back to me

¬ how come you are not on the forums anymore ?

I have been watching Bethesda.net.wtf SNAFU forum, and decided I dont trust them to close down the old forums and expunge any / all personal details ..

.. So preemptively before they get locked ( and we can no longer do anything ourselves in case the old forums get hacked at some point in the future ) I gave the old account a bogus email address and ridiculously long password - So the account will be "validating" forever more. Its the closest you can get to deleting your account on the old forum.

I have a new account setup at Bethesda.net for when everyone is forced to go that way .. But I dont blame anyone for not wanting to at this stage, development topics with spoiler tags and code tags are apparently just not doable in jive.

You guys might want to make sure Wrye Flash is also not disturbed because I got notices about that being edited today too.

I think that's also being taken care of already. Bash used to be under moderators' lock around the same time Edit was.

Wrye Bash on nexus came back up after Utumno uploaded the 306 files again .. Right now its under moderation again, I wonder if the person they were talking to as Lojack was still an impersonator ( I think Utumno had the same suspicion too ), and has persisted to try re-uploading malware.

Whoever it is they ought to be IP blocked, and Utumno should be given ownership of the Wrye Bash page on Nexus.

Edit : Apologies Zilav for the continuation of off topic