[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Crashing, yes, but this issue of out of order masters has never crashed the games in the past so I don't know why he thinks they suddenly fixed it with Skyrim.

His assertion of the Rule of One being gone was what I was addressing, and have proven wrong. I'm not buying that it was ever changed in 1233 or 1237 when they were betas.

Crashing, yes, but this issue of out of order masters has never crashed the games in the past so I don't know why he thinks they suddenly fixed it with Skyrim.

His assertion of the Rule of One being gone was what I was addressing, and have proven wrong. I'm not buying that it was ever changed in 1233 or 1237 when they were betas.

I don't take his words seriously either. Last time he replied in FO4Edit comments with words "Elminster is clueless", so whatever. Just wanted to stop him spreading wrong information about LOOT and BOSS.

• Like 1

@zilav - do you want us to report bugs or other issues that we experience? or do you have a team of beta testers that are giving you enough to work with. 

@zilav - do you want us to report bugs or other issues that we experience? or do you have a team of beta testers that are giving you enough to work with. 

You can open an issue on github, but a lot of things doesn't work currently because a lot of code is still not updated for FO4, not because of bugs.

• Like 1

You can open an issue on github, but a lot of things doesn't work currently because a lot of code is still not updated for FO4, not because of bugs.

ok yeah im aware of that, which is another reason i wasnt sure if you even wanted people to report things. I was doing a copy as override for a selection of constructable object records (all of the co_chem_xxxx records), and it works as it should, but there is one record (co_chem_JetFuel) that throws an error when you try to copy as override. I only thought it was strange since all of the other COBJ records seem to copy correctly. If you want me to make a report on github let me know and I will. thx

Assertion failure (wbImplementation.pas, line 4015)

ok yeah im aware of that, which is another reason i wasnt sure if you even wanted people to report things. I was doing a copy as override for a selection of constructable object records (all of the co_chem_xxxx records), and it works as it should, but there is one record (co_chem_JetFuel) that throws an error when you try to copy as override. I only thought it was strange since all of the other COBJ records seem to copy correctly. If you want me to make a report on github let me know and I will. thx

Assertion failure (wbImplementation.pas, line 4015)

Works for me. Try to update to the latest version on nexus.

• Like 1

Uploaded new version.

If "Simple Records" option is off, VMAD subrecord will be decoded. Due to the format changes of papyrus data, the support is limited. Records containing array of structures property type won't copy, you can switch on Simple Records to copy them if really needed. Also script fragments of INFO, SCEN and PACK are not decoded yet. QUST script fragments mostly work except for 3 records.

OMOD properties editing will now automatically update count fields and doesn't save removed data causing "unused data" warnings on next loading.

Definitions update.

Can TES5Edit detect conflicts in AddonNode index entries?  It is possible for two mods to use the same AddonNode index number.  There is no oversight for them like there is for the BGS devs.

Can TES5Edit detect conflicts in AddonNode index entries?  It is possible for two mods to use the same AddonNode index number.  There is no oversight for them like there is for the BGS devs.

Detect exactly what? I don't understand.

• Like 1

Uploaded new version.

If "Simple Records" option is off, VMAD subrecord will be decoded. Due to the format changes of papyrus data, the support is limited. Records containing array of structures property type won't copy, you can switch on Simple Records to copy them if really needed. Also script fragments of INFO, SCEN and PACK are not decoded yet. QUST script fragments mostly work except for 3 records.

OMOD properties editing will now automatically update count fields and doesn't save removed data causing "unused data" warnings on next loading.

Definitions update.

With regards to the Unused data, I am currently working on a mod that has close to 80 errors for Unused data for OMOD and ARMO entries at startup and save, is the only way to correct this now to remake the mod? (I had planned to do this to make the FormIDs more consistent anyway)

Example:

[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [2] GRUP Top "ARMO" \ [7] AnS_Adventurer_51 "Adventurer's Bandolier [51]" [ARMO:0100087D] \ [16] Unknown \ [1] Unknown \ [0] Unknown \ [0] OBTS - Unknown>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [2] GRUP Top "ARMO" \ [8] AnS_Adventurer_61 "Adventurer's Bandolier [61]" [ARMO:0100087E] \ [16] Unknown \ [1] Unknown \ [0] Unknown \ [0] OBTS - Unknown>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [2] GRUP Top "ARMO" \ [9] AnS_Survivor_50 "Survivor's Vest [50]" [ARMO:010008F5] \ [16] Unknown \ [1] Unknown \ [0] Unknown \ [0] OBTS - Unknown>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [2] GRUP Top "ARMO" \ [10] AnS_Survivor_51 "Survivor's Vest [51]" [ARMO:010008F6] \ [16] Unknown \ [1] Unknown \ [0] Unknown \ [0] OBTS - Unknown>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [2] GRUP Top "ARMO" \ [11] AnS_Survivor_61 "Survivor's Vest [61]" [ARMO:010008F7] \ [16] Unknown \ [1] Unknown \ [0] Unknown \ [0] OBTS - Unknown>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [17] mod_Bandolier_CarryCapacity_5 "B). Carry Capacity 5" [OMOD:01000888] \ [4] DATA - Data>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [18] mod_Bandolier_CarryCapacity_10 "C). Carry Capacity 10" [OMOD:0100088E] \ [4] DATA - Data>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [19] mod_Bandolier_CarryCapacity_15 "D). Carry Capacity 15" [OMOD:0100088F] \ [4] DATA - Data>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [20] mod_Bandolier_CarryCapacity_20 "E). Carry Capacity 20" [OMOD:01000890] \ [4] DATA - Data>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [23] mod_WandererBackpack_CarryCapacity_20 "Carry Capacity 20" [OMOD:010008A5] \ [4] DATA - Data>
[00:03] Background Loader: <Warning: Unused data in:  \ [01] AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp \ [7] GRUP Top "OMOD" \ [24] mod_WandererBackpack_CarryCapacity_30 "Carry Capacity 30" [OMOD:010008A6] \ [4] DATA - Data>

Cheers.

With regards to the Unused data, I am currently working on a mod that has close to 80 errors for Unused data for OMOD and ARMO entries at startup and save, is the only way to correct this now to remake the mod? (I had planned to do this to make the FormIDs more consistent anyway)

Nexus sticky post mentions that OMOD is not fully supported. You can try to "mark modified" using right click menu on records with unused data and save, that should strip it.

• Like 1

Nexus sticky post mentions that OMOD is not fully supported. You can try to "mark modified" using right click menu on records with unused data and save, that should strip it.

Excellent, thank you that has worked fantastically.

I read the note about the OMOD initially but this was a proof of concept that turned into a full blown mod so this has helped lower the workload substantially, cheers :)

Suggestion of they day :

Would it be possible to implement a way to have the list of scripts recognizing an additional "Edit Scripts" folder in the Data of the game currenlty being worked on ?

Reason : 

- Some scripts are game specific (only for those such feature make sense)

- They could be installed with mad manager without additional drag n drop

Just a thought to ease "basic" users life when using things such as dyndolod, real snowflakes patcher, iActivate patcher, ... etc, plus making it easier to keep up-to-date. And eventually to ease the life of those who try to explain them how to install it as well.

I prefer to prefix game specific scripts with the game name like "Skyrim - ....pas".

You can execute any script from any location using command line parameter -script:"c:\folder\script.pas", or rename to TES5Script.exe and run. xEdit also automatically associates itself with those extensions depending on the game mode

*.tes4pas

*.tes5pas

*.fo3pas

*.fnvpas

*.fo4pas

You can double click on those files in explorer to execute.

• Like 1

zilav,

Has SCOL changed at all since Fallout 3?  I was just taking a peek at them and wondered.  The record looks complete as far as I can tell.

I was just wondering because very many of them don't have any "Referenced By" after building Reference Info.   Many do, but it seems like more don't.  The NIF files for the unreferenced SCOL have been baked into the SCOL folder, so I would assume the game uses them. 

For example GeneralGameplay12ArmorWorkbench [LSCR:001F960A] references  LS_Armorworkbench01 [sCOL:0022B990]...  but LS_Miltaryscene [sCOL:0022B98C] has no Referenced By.  Judging by the "LS_" they should both be referenced by a LSCR, so I would assume it doesn't have to do with references in undecoded records.

SCOL format is exactly the same. Are they used or not I don't know, a lot of values everywhere around are still undecoded. You can try hex search on Fallout4.esm for their FormID values just in case.

• Like 1

Was it intentional for FO4 that DIAL records are now a branch under QUST records? Did they change the structure of the system that much?

Was it intentional for FO4 that DIAL records are now a branch under QUST records? Did they change the structure of the system that much?

Yes they reintroduced "Visible When Distant" children group from Oblivion (type 10) as a quest children group and moved all dialogues, scenes and branches under it. Makes sense since the previous system was horrible with all dialogues for all quests piled up in a single place. But it increases the chance of conficts for mods that change only dialogues or only quests.

• Like 1

Uploaded new version.

VMAD is (I hope) fully decoded including script fragments and shown by default like in TES5Edit, no more ties to Simple Records option.

Definitions update.

• Like 1

Let's hope it'll be alright then :P Thanks for the update.

What happens to the idea of giving name to groups like BNDS -> Bending Splines ? IIRC Fireundubh discovered most of those by analyzing the executable (or whatever it was). Postponed until CK is out ?

Edit : Oh, and completely forgot to say thanks for the *.tes5pas trick. Will try to carry over this infos to some guys I know of who made xEdit patchers to see if it's of any use for them.

What happens to the idea of giving name to groups like BNDS -> Bending Splines ? IIRC Fireundubh discovered most of those by analyzing the executable (or whatever it was). Postponed until CK is out ?

They are already renamed.

Edit : Oh, and completely forgot to say thanks for the *.tes5pas trick. Will try to carry over this infos to some guys I know of who made xEdit patchers to see if it's of any use for them.

Won't work with MO since Windows will start the TES5Edit process, not MO.

• Like 1

is there a script/function that allows you to see the 'referenced by' info for non-overwrite records? Basically I am trying to investigate some new mechanics of FO4 and i am trying to see which records reference a particular other record. This info is easy to see when it is referenced by a record that is in a custom plugin, but I cant find a way to do this without.

for example, lets say there is a keyword and i want to see all the places in the fallout4 esm that use this keyword, i dont know how to do this. If I had a mod plugin though, that happened to have an overwrite record for a certain vanilla activator, and it happened to use this keyword, I could see that in the 'referenced by' tab. But if this keyword is only used in the default fallout4 esm, the 'referenced by' will not list it.

Hopefully what I am asking makes sense to you. Without CK where you can look at 'use info', the 'referenced by' is the next best thing. But if I have no idea what records use the record of interest, then Im shooting blind in the dark.

EDIT: maybe if i made a complete copy of the fallout4 esm via copy as override, that may show me the 'referenced by' info for records of interest.

MODT

wbMODT := wbStruct(MODT, 'Texture Files Hashes', [
              wbInteger('Number of headers', itU32),
              wbInteger('Textures count', itU32),
              wbByteArray('NULL', 4),
              wbInteger('Unique textures count', itU32),
              wbInteger('Materials count', itU32),
              wbArray('Hashes', wbStruct('Hash', [
                wbByteArray('Flags', 4),
                wbString('Type', 4),
                wbByteArray('Texture hash', 4)
              ]))