[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Got a bug to report.

Can't Assign the DNAM - Objects element in a DOBJ record without getting an exception.

Hmm DNAM should be marked as required and always exist in this record, since it is like NAVI - merged at runtime.

• Like 1

Holy crap you guys work fast :P

I just tested the FO4 version and it loaded with no errors. Seems to be doing ok so far just poking around looking at stuff.

Right now QUST and it's children records won't work correctly if you try to copy them. Beth used VWD group last seen in Oblivion as quest children group, and group handling code is scattered in xEdit. Need to update that later.

By the way, I noticed very interesting thing. There are no more hardcoded actor values in FO4, all AV checks now use AVIF FormIDs including condition GetActorValue and MGEF data. Though several AVIF records have FormID < 800 so they probably have special meaning for the engine.

• Like 1

We don't allow piracy here. Go buy the game. This is your first, last, and only notice. *drops hammer*

Awesome work on the FO4 update!  I asked Zilav to give me a heads-up when this was released so I could start testing / playing with it and am firing it up now.  I noticed a few problems, but what is the protocol for submitting issues, feedback, etc?  I definitely don't want to pester anyone with something that's a known issue since I know this is still very far from a full release.  Thanks again!

Awesome work on the FO4 update!  I asked Zilav to give me a heads-up when this was released so I could start testing / playing with it and am firing it up now.  I noticed a few problems, but what is the protocol for submitting issues, feedback, etc?  I definitely don't want to pester anyone with something that's a known issue since I know this is still very far from a full release.  Thanks again!

You can write here, that's the purpose of this thread. Posting issues on GitHub is too early since FO4Edit errors are not issues really, first need the official CK/GECK release and proper definitions decoding. A lot of things won't work in FO4Edit now, it is to be expected.

• Like 1

first need the official CK/GECK release and proper definitions decoding

Yeah that makes sense.  I know it won't be in any way complete until the definitions are finished being decoded, and those are probably the issues I'm seeing.

For example, in weathers records, there are several "Error: Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0" for the various new color data cells, and under WGDR - God Rays the references to the god ray records load and display in the record OK, but an error occurs when that weather record is copied to a new plugin, with "Found a GDRY reference, expected: IMGS, NULL."

Like I said, I'm sure all this stuff is just due to lack of definitions, so I'll just hush and be patient for now :) 

Like I said, I'm sure all this stuff is just due to lack of definitions, so I'll just hush and be patient for now :)

Uploaded new version.

Actually it was my fault, I copied imagespaces block, renamed to godrays, but forgot to update accepted FormID signatures. "Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0" error happens in older weather records unchanged since Skyrim. They also usually have old Form Version in header. I'm not sure that the game actually uses them, probably a leftover data from previous game. Usual thing for Bethesda.

Updated Weather Editor script to work with FO4. If you want to see cloud textures, then unpack them in DXT format. FO4Edit doesn't support BA2 archives yet.

I'm also autodeleting some extra subrecords in WRLD now - RNAM, MHDT, WLEV and CLSZ. They all have huge binary data and if you copy anything from worldspace it'll blow plugin's size. RNAMs were present in Skyrim too and deleting them never caused any issues. Let see what will happen with those new ones.

• Like 1

Is this normal that it doesn't recognise "é" and other accents characters ? I can't test with Skyrim right now because my install is in english, but my FO4 is currently in french. Something changed in FO4 string files encoding maybe ?

@Kesta : I managed to open FO4 french strings files with another 'unofficial' tweaked tool and accented characters are also displayed in the exact same strange way. That's what leads me to think that FO4 strings files have a slightly different coding than Skyrim ones. There are also many entries that are actually undisplayed, proving that actual tools cannot match all entries with their appropriate pointers (which are probably embedded in the files headers).

@Kesta : I managed to open FO4 french strings files with another 'unofficial' tweaked tool and accented characters are also displayed in the exact same strange way. That's what leads me to think that FO4 strings files have a slightly different coding than Skyrim ones. There are also many entries that are actually undisplayed, proving that actual tools cannot match all entries with their appropriate pointers (which are probably embedded in the files headers).

Hmm I don't see any "invalid lstring id" notices, what and where exactly is missing?

• Like 1

The format of the strings files isn't the issue.  At leaset I don't think so.  The change doesn't seem to be in the strings files themselves but how the file name is formatted.  So for English it was "English" for Skyrim.  For Fallout 4 it is "En" for the filename.  More then likely you can use the same language command line parameter you used for TES5Edit for french.  However, for FO4Edit you might have to put "Fr" instead of French.  Look in your strings folder and see if I'm right and that the file name is something like Fallout4_Fr.DLSTRINGS. Tools for Skyrim might be hard coded to look for different filenames. If you have the source code you might be able to change it to look for English or En and French or Fr. That is waht we was done for FO4Edit.

I'm already aware of this and know how to deal with it. The entries/pointers link failure I mentioned for several entries is not for xEdit but for a tweaked version of TESVTranslator. Tweaks are mainly ini files modifications to allow FO4 strings files support and to build some proper cache and dictionnaries. Although this app 100% supports Skyrim strings files (this is the tool used for the french USKP/USLEEP translation), it fails to display several entries (not even finding their 'strings IDs').

EDIT : Oh god, the author works fast ! He just released an inspired and dedicated tool for Fallout 4 : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/215/?I need to test it before making other assumptions. Sorry.

I think we are all going to see tools get updated.  Not sure how quickly though but it will happen.  I have not slept in about 17 hours so I'm gonna try to sleep.  I hope to get started on Wrye Flash for FO4 today or tomorrow.  Just no idea if I can get it working I will probably need help from Lojack or some testing.

Hmm I don't see any "invalid lstring id" notices, what and where exactly is missing?

CMPO 0001FABD for instance. But it do have a proper FULL record. However, everywhere it's usued it's resulting in a invalid string id such as here : http://imgur.com/edit

(chose this one since it also illustrate the accentuation error). However the error get way once I built ref info for falloout4.esm ... ?

Edit :

Erratum, actually I just have to visit the Steel record to then have it to be displayed properly. Look more like a view update issue. Referenced records with an invalid string id appear to be chosen randomly. In the example posted above, there was only steel but adhesive was fine. After closing and re-opening FO4Edit, both we're missing.

CMPO 0001FABD for instance. But it do have a proper FULL record. However, everywhere it's usued it's resulting in a invalid string id such as here : http://imgur.com/edit

(chose this one since it also illustrate the accentuation error). However the error get way once I built ref info for falloout4.esm ... ?

Not sure where exactly is the problem, there is only one localized value there - FULL

What language are you using? if not english, then specify it in command line as seen in STRINGS file names, for example

tes5edit.exe -fo4 -edit -l:fr

• Like 1

Not sure where exactly is the problem, there is only one localized value there - FULL

What language are you using? if not english, then specify it in command line as seen in STRINGS file names, for example

tes5edit.exe -fo4 -edit -l:fr

See edit in the post above. i'll try with the command line.

Edit : No errors at all with the command line. So the issue really is somewhere when selecting the localized language via contextual menu.

See edit in the post above. i'll try with the command line.

Edit : No errors at all with the command line. So the issue really is somewhere when selecting the localized language via contextual menu.

Changing language from menu doesn't update shown records immediately, been so since Skyrim.

• Like 1

I'm also autodeleting some extra subrecords in WRLD now - RNAM, MHDT, WLEV and CLSZ. They all have huge binary data and if you copy anything from worldspace it'll blow plugin's size. RNAMs were present in Skyrim too and deleting them never caused any issues. Let see what will happen with those new ones.

I'd be careful about the MHDT field. We know that's been used in Skyrim for something dragon related, which makes sense since the data in that field of a CELL gets updated if you ask the CK to regenerate height data.

For Fallout 4, this seems even more important because I'd assume it's what the Vertibirds are going to use to handle height data. So that information needs to remain in any ESP files overriding CELL and WRLD or you could end up with some big problems as the game will see that as having no height information at all. Stuff flying through buildings would kind of suck :P

Ok, I did a bit of testing/inspecting. FO4Edit has an issue when displaying text containing foreign accented characters. You need (probably among various others) the original french strings files to see it.

Example : formID 000CAAD1, RNAM - Prompt field.

US text : 'Same beliefs'

FR text : 'Mêmes idéaux' ,but instead is displayed as 'Même idéaux'.

I think we are all going to see tools get updated.  Not sure how quickly though but it will happen.  I have not slept in about 17 hours so I'm gonna try to sleep.  I hope to get started on Wrye Flash for FO4 today or tomorrow.  Just no idea if I can get it working I will probably need help from Lojack or some testing.

sounds amazing. If you are short on testers I would be happy to. PM me if you need help in that regard

Not a problem michaelrw.  It won't do much and I will have pretty much everything disabled to start with since nobody has any decoding done for the save files or anything.  All that it will do more then likely is istall files from the installers tab.  Also I just rememberd that there is no support in the DLL files for LOOT so until someone updates that I can't do anything or the program will error and close.  LOL I forgot about that.  I will post it on Bethesda when I'm done with it but I can see it taking longer now because of LOOT support.