[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

terso, on 24 Feb 2015 - 4:57 PM, said:snapback.png

hi , can you explain a bit how the search system works , is it possible to search for an id by beginning with the name like typing "nazeem" somewhere ?

Yes, you can search either by FormID or partial EditorID.

how ? , i mean how to do that , do i have to press ctrl+f or ? , i tried ctrl+f , a window opened , i ticked  non player actor character , then wrote in the field the name , pressed jump to first matched , find all records ... no results

so there's no way to make a search by full name ! , like farkas or nazeem ...

First, unique NPCs usually have the same EditorID as name, or almost the same enough for partial matching.

Second, you can sort all NPCs by "Name" column and quickly lookup interested records manually.

Third, you can Apply Filter in right click menu and use "Name contains" option.

I have a feeling that you didn't even try to find and prefer to post your conclusions first. Read linked training manual and try to actually work with TES5Edit, then maybe the majority of your questions will go away on their own.

• Like 1

thank you , i forgot about the filter thing (by the way , i am all the time working on tess5edit , but only found the link for the manual today from sharlikran's previous response , i wasn't trying to undermine the mod in any way) , and it wasn't a conclusion it was a question , sorry if i didn't place the question mark .

zilav, could you tell me what changes have been made between the snapshot builds svn1882 and svn1888 ? It appears that, while TES4Edit v3.1.0 svn1882 (and all other prior svn's) are working just fine if they are run through Oblivion-MO 1.2.18, the snapshots svn1888 (and all versions after that) will not find any .bsa files if run through Oblivion-MO. To be precise, this kind of error message will appear:

[00:00] Background Loader: [Oblivion - Meshes.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal: <EStreamError: Cannot open C:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\Oblivion - Meshes.bsa.Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden>
[00:13] Background Loader: finished
That german sentence means:

The system cannot find the given file.

I know that you don't support bugs which are connected to MO, but if you could tell me what had been changed from svn1882-->svn1888, I could pass that onto Tannin. :)

Hm. Is this *meant* to be run on the official DLC?

ETA: It's removing 80 records from both update and dawnguard. I'm not sure this is a by-intent thing.

As I said, I added a new script only.

Small hotfix to avoid removing non empty worldspaces, cells and topics

http://pastebin.com/4KJHksR0

So the process of "cleaning" is following:

1. ITM clean plugin (to remove ITM and also empty groups like Persistent and Temporary)

2. apply ITPO script

3. ITM clean plugin again (remove empty groups after ITPO script and ITM worldspaces, cells and topics if child records were ITPO and deleted)

After KN mentioned this in chat, I went to look over what he did. His results of what ITPO pulled out of Update.esm are here: http://pastebin.com/PVRgQHgH

The vast majority of this should NOT be getting removed though.

Things the ITM cleanup should catch:

000209F2

0009CCCE

0009CCC9 (once the previous record is gone, this is an ITM)

0009CCCB

0009CCC7 (once the previous record is gone, this is an ITM)

Things ITPO is removing but should be leaving in place:

00000031 (Keep for both Update.esm and Dawnguard.esm)

00018C92

000192B8

00018A57 (Keep for both Update.esm and Dawnguard.esm)

00024CD4

0005570A

0006440C

0006B683

000D3648

000F9957

00100EF7

00100EFF

00100F0F

00100F10

00100F13

00100F18

0010D971

0010D972

00046BB2

0007495C

000870D5

000F0A3D

0001C75A (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0001C661 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000EC3CD

000F0A3E

001038BF (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000870D6 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000EC3CF (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000EC3CE (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000AF8BE (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0001B417 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

00013217 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0005177C (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0009753B

00013213 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0002E8FF

00000ED1

000E3F3B

000E3F3D (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

00100E8B

000BACC3 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0002ADF3 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000E8456 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000E8452 (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

000FF09A (keep for Update.esm, should be thrown out for Dawnguard.esm)

0002ADF4

Also as a side note, if this ITPO stuff is to become part of the general cleaning process it needs to get folded in to the automated menu option once all the bugs are worked out. There's no way in hell you're going to get end users to go through all that, and some mod authors will probably balk too. Let's not do anything that might undermine the work done so far to get the message out about mod cleaning.

The intention of the ITPO script was for research into the Bash Patch. Also if Mator wants to use it for Mator Smash that's fine. However it should not be part of the cleaning process. I don't feel it should be used on the DLC or plugins.

That may be so, but intention or not, it doesn't appear to be behaving as it likely should if it's capable of flagging false positives like this.

Actually, can you please make a test plugin with just that "crashing" record and show what to remove to make game CTD? I will add a small check and warning message in TES5Edit if it encounters such plugins in future.

Most certainly. I'd have done so sooner, but I neglected to check back here after my post. >.<

The plugin containing the questionable record is here. After a little more research, I found that there were two components to this wild edit; a 'water velocity' (XWCU) edit (which I'd removed) and an edit to XWCN (unknown). I'm not sure of the purpose of either one, but removing the water velocity edit without removing the XWCN edit as well prevents the main menu from loading.

Can you list the FormID that is vital to the mod functioning?  It would help to make TES5Edit more accurate.  Normally this would be tested with a fresh plugin made from the CK.  However, with that information we can see if it needs to be considered when evaluating ITMs or if it's something the mod author shouldn't have done to begin with.

EDIT: Zilav's idea is probably better but knowing the FormID from SOS wilds that causes the issue would still be nice.

The formID is 0000B223. There's no formID in SOS wilds that's causing the issue; this is an edit made to the DoomstoneNorthernCoast01 world cell at Block 1,0, Sub-Block 4,3.

That may be so, but intention or not, it doesn't appear to be behaving as it likely should if it's capable of flagging false positives like this.

Parent and sibling animations were set to benign conflict level, so script removed them. Don't know when and why that happened because in previous games they are not benign. I set them back to normal and uploaded new version.

The other removed records are LCTN since they also have benign elements (black font). I either need to set them back to normal conflict level, or just don't remove benign conflicting records in script and handle only identical ones.

• Like 1

Is there still a place to get 3.0.33 while 3.1.0 is in the experimental stage?

TES5Edit is incredible, and I'm so grateful for all of the work put into it.

Hello everyone, thanks for your great work.

I Notice one bug in Tes4 When magic effect is edited by Tes4edit- record corrupted!

it opens in CSE with warning & after save corrupt last countereffect in record....

Please fix it if possible.

Hello everyone, thanks for your great work.

I Notice one bug in Tes4 When magic effect is edited by Tes4edit- record corrupted!

it opens in CSE with warning & after save corrupt last countereffect in record....

Please fix it if possible.

Make sure you use the latest version.

Please provide steps to reproduce the problem.

• Like 1

Make sure you use the latest version.

Please provide steps to reproduce the problem.

In response to that I did notice something. Using svn 1910 or 3.1, if I use just Oblivion.esm and the UOP, I can drag two values from Oblivion.esm to the UOP and the count field for Counter Effect Count is not updated automatically. The FormID I used was 000008D5 Absorb Magicka. You wouldn't do that normally but just for testing that's what I did.

EDIT: Loading the plugin and saving it in the CS does not corrupt the record. It will still have 6 records as opposed to the previous 4 records. However, because I am not familiar with the Oblivion CS I don't know where the CS log file is so I couldn't look for warnings.

In response to that I did notice something. Using svn 1910 or 3.1, if I use just Oblivion.esm and the UOP, I can drag two values from Oblivion.esm to the UOP and the count field for Counter Effect Count is not updated automatically.

The code to update the counter is there, but all internal changes are disabled for Oblivion by default. I think Elminster made it for a reason, and we need to revise all internal changing code in Oblivion to even guess why. So I'd say this is a responsibility of user to properly update counter for now.
  • Like 1

The code to update the counter is there, but all internal changes are disabled for Oblivion by default. I think Elminster made it for a reason, and we need to revise all internal changing code in Oblivion to even guess why. So I'd say this is a responsibility of user to properly update counter for now.

I will make screenshots today.

I will make screenshots today.

Since I tested this and I can alter the record without any issues, what benefit will the screen shot provide other then showing what you already explained.  I believe you when you say that the last part of the Counter Effects was truncated.  However, I can't reproduce the issue you are reporting with svn 1910 or 3.1.0.  I don't know what the CS will do if the Count is not manually updated. When the count is manually updated there are no issues.  If you want to discuss it further then you would need to do what Zilav had already mentioned.

Start with a fresh new plugin in the CS. Alter something and save the plugin with the CS. Then go into TES4Edit, with svn 1910 and alter the record. As you update the plugin with TES4Edit list each exact step you perform.  This should not include any other plugins, copying records from other plugins, or copying values from other plugins.  If you are copying values from another plugin the repeat the first step by making a second plugin with the CS, altering something and saving the plugin.  Then copy values from either test plugins made from the CS and list the exact steps.

Since I tested this and I can alter the record without any issues, what benefit will the screen shot provide other then showing what you already explained.  I believe you when you say that the last part of the Counter Effects was truncated.  However, I can't reproduce the issue you are reporting with svn 1910 or 3.1.0.  I don't know what the CS will do if the Count is not manually updated. When the count is manually updated there are no issues.  If you want to discuss it further then you would need to do what Zilav had already mentioned.

Start with a fresh new plugin in the CS. Alter something and save the plugin with the CS. Then go into TES4Edit, with svn 1910 and alter the record. As you update the plugin with TES4Edit list each exact step you perform.  This should not include any other plugins, copying records from other plugins, or copying values from other plugins.  If you are copying values from another plugin the repeat the first step by making a second plugin with the CS, altering something and saving the plugin.  Then copy values from either test plugins made from the CS and list the exact steps.

ok.

I will try

Uploaded new version, lets start with 3.1.1

The only fix is for LODGen error reading some BSA archives, no other changes for now.

• Like 1