[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Yes, it look like. In two other plugins the same thing. Problem is in flags section, maybe somebody who make translation save files with errors... It's sad.

Thanks for testing)

Sometimes people want to translate strings and use programs like TESVSnip or Skyrim Strings Localizer. Most of the older programs like those two will ruin the plugin. If they want to edit the plugin directly and not edit strings files then they could just use TES5Edit. If they want to change the strings files they should be using Stredit or TESVTranslator.

Does 3.0.32 have any 64 bit implementation?

Here it states::

For x86 machines, an integer is generally defined as 32 bits, and encompasses the values of -231 through 231-1, or -2,147,483,648 .. 2,147,483,647.

The latter value is also defined as the constant maxint. The unsigned 32 bit integer type cardinal has a range of 0 through 232-1 or 0 .. 4,294,967,295.

Currently, the integer type is only dependent on $mode, so on newer 64-bit processors an integer is also 16-bit (in TP/FPC mode) or 32-bit (ObjFPC/Delphi mode).
For 64-bit calculation, FPC does support 64-bit int64 though, which may be defined as a value of -263 through 263-1, or -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 .. 9,223,372,036,854,775,807.

Might be a worry if running TP/FPC mode and the record count is causing overflow in flRecordsCount.

xEdit doesn't have x64 version. And after the latest memory optmizations and fixes having x64 version won't give any benefits. I really doubt anyone can bring it over 3.8GB limit now, unless you load 10 copies of Skyrim.esm or do other silly things like that.

• Like 1

Using svn 1839 as TES4LODGen.exe, I noticed that plugins.tes4lodgensettings is being ignored. I have the default set to Skip and Tamriel set to Replace, yet LODGen is replacing for evey single worldspace.

BTW, could plugins.tes4lodgensettings be relocated to the same directory as the EXE? This would be so much tidier and easier to find.

Uploaded new version.

Using svn 1839 as TES4LODGen.exe, I noticed that plugins.tes4lodgensettings is being ignored. I have the default set to Skip and Tamriel set to Replace, yet LODGen is replacing for evey single worldspace.

BTW, could plugins.tes4lodgensettings be relocated to the same directory as the EXE? This would be so much tidier and easier to find.

I'll look at it later, actually never knew that tes4lodgensettings even exists.
  • Like 1

I checked source code, and indeed there is no tes4lodgensettings file. TES4LODGen reads from the same settings file as TES4Edit - plugins.tes4viewsettings

I added a check for ini file in the same folder as application and use it as settings if exists, otherwise use the ordinary file.

Naming format of ini:

(TES4|TES5|FO3|FNV) + (Edit|LODGen|Script) + '.ini'

So in your case create ini file next to TES4LODGen.exe named TES4LODGen.ini and write your rules there.

Uploaded new version.

• Like 1

Thanks zilav. Could the readme for TES4LODGen be included in the future too, updated to explain what it uses for settings? The current LODGen readme states that it uses plugins.tes4lodgensettings (this readme is from 2008).

Thanks zilav. Could the readme for TES4LODGen be included in the future too, updated to explain what it uses for settings? The current LODGen readme states that it uses plugins.tes4lodgensettings (this readme is from 2008).

I'll update it. There is another new feature that affects lodgen, command line switch -O:some\path to specify output folder for generated files. They can be created directly in some BAIN or MO package and installed with them instead of writing directly to the game's folder.
  • Like 1

Ah, that's good to know, thanks. Although mods shouldn't be including DistantLOD files in their packaging as these files are unique to each game install at the time the files are generated.

You won't be able to do anything to investigate this as there's no error log, but xEdit (svn 1848) just closed itself without reason as I was in the middle of using it. No exception error, no crash report, it simply closed. No clue why, all I did was click on the next AI package in the list which I intended to edit. xEdit had been running for about 20 minutes, and I had saved my progress about 10 minutes before the close. I am most bemused.

Hi,

I downloaded the TESVEdit merge script and tried merging some armor mods with it.. When i'm done, and try to play the game with only the freshly made merge plugin activated, the game just crashes..

The thing i noticed is that the merged plugin is only 1.5mb in size and the originals are over 7gb combined.. Obviously something went wrong..

I did all the steps included in your video up until and including the safety check with TESVEdit for errors in the merged plugin, and it says "All done!" with no errors reported..

What i did is:

- I opened Mod Organiser and installed a number of Armor mods.

- Extracted all .BSA files as partly shown in the video (not sure if i used the right folders)

- Started TESVEdit as shown in the video

- Selected all the plugins i wanted to merge

- Checked them for errors

- Cleaned the plugins with errors or disabled them if i couldn't fix em (i dont have enough experience with this)

- Did one plugin at a time as stated in another video about cleaning plugins

- Started TESVEdit again this time to actually merge the plugins

- Selected all the plugins i wanted to merge and used the merge v1.75 script on them

- When the script reported "All Done!" i restarted the editor to check the merged plugin for errors, none found

- Created a mod from the Overwritten folder as shown in the video

- Deselected all the merged plugins and selected the merged plugin

- Started the game, but it crashed

Am i doing something wrong in the merging process..? Maybe it was too many mods at once..

List of plugins i tried to merge:

Compilation.esp
  TheMadMasker.esp
  WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
  WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
  HonorGuard.esp
  KevinVanNordArmorNOFOLLOWERS.esp
  SithWarrior.esp
  ManhunterLight.esp
  Swordsman Armor.esp
  cultist armor.esp
  MMVD.esp
  Ghosu - SkullHelmet.esp
  PersonalNordRanger.esp
  AlfheimRobes.esp
  AlfheimKnights.esp
  LC_Mercenary.esp
  LCS_ImmersiveChainMail.esp
  Dragoncult.esp
  Luddemann.esp
  A Perfect Assasin.esp
  NordicIronCuirass.esp
  HideArmors.esp
  AFurryHide.esp
  Insanity's Shields.esp
  JehennianLeather.esp
  GatormarinesTrollboneArmor.esp
  CloudArmor.esp
  Mercenary Soldier Armor.esp
  Inquisitor Set.esp
  RobedEbonyArmor.esp
  Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp
  Ebony Mage Armor.esp
  BosmerArmorMATY743.esp
  shieldofysgramor.esp
  theRoadstrokersRoyalElvenSet.esp
  Craftable Wolf Armour.esp
  VindarValuePack.esp
  DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp
  CraftableCrownHelmets.esp
  Dragonscale Ivory Armor.esp
  Archers buckler.esp
  arrow.esp
  BR_Orcish_Armor_1_1.esp
  Daedric Artus Corium.esp
  variant_armor_masks.esp
  Dawnguard Heavy.esp
  SteelShieldOfSolitude.esp
  Ancient Falmer Crown Fix.esp
  Playable Alternate Thieves Guild Armor Redux.esp
  Playable Alternate Thieves Guild Armor Redux -- NPC.esp
  Playable Serana's Hood.esp
  HelmOfStorms.esp
  NerniesArmorPack.esp
  Scaled Armor.esp
  Baraban-Dawnguard-Plate.esp
  Baraban-Steel-Plate.esp
  Baraban-Heater-Shield.esp
  dynasty shield.esp
  Standalone Monk Hoods.esp
  Circlet with Hoods.esp
  ApotheusLightArmor_by_GuitunScarfin.esp
  GrimReaperHoods.esp
  FineVampireArmor.esp
  NobleNord.esp
  LegolasTunic.esp
  Wolfmaster Armor.esp
  + MATHERIAN_VIKING_SHIELDS_SET +.esp
  Wearable_Executioner Armor.esp
  Masked Helmets.esp
  dwarvensteel.esp
  IBShields.esp
  DPArmor_Scale.esp
  KotN mage.esp
  Matys Medieval Knights.esp
  DarkDescentRobes.esp

Hope you can help me..

Thanks

PS: First post.. :)

AnU

Please ask in "Merge Plugin" thread, we do not and can not support external tools even if they use TES5Edit. If authors of those tools find bugs in TES5Edit, they report them to us.

• Like 1

First off, thanks for the quick answers..

Second, because the author of the merge plugin added a link to this forum topic, i assumed it was the correct topic to ask about it.. My appoligies, i am new to this forum and dont know my way around yet..

Could somebody please provide me with a link to the correct "TESVEdit Merge Plugins xEdit Script v1.7" topic so i can ask it in the correct place..?

Thanks..

With regards

AnU

Scripts are programs running inside TES5Edit which have almost full access to records processing functions, thus can easily create bad records and plugins if something goes wrong. That's why we can't support them. You can however ask any questions about working with TES5Edit using GUI.

Right now there is only one thread I know of dedicated to plugin's merger script on nexus belonging to the mod itself - usual comments thread which any mod has.

• Like 1

To be more precise regarding the freezing problem describes a few posts earlier:

The program isn't crashing but when I press the right mouse button to apply a filter for example it takes 33-35 seconds before the popup menu appears. This seems to  be in relation of the 228 esm's/esp's that are loaded. When only the Skyrim.esm is loaded and I press the right mouse button there is a lag too but only for half a second or so.

Ah, so it is better to roll back to v3.0.32EXP which is older but works fine?? Can't be the solution, or?

Actually after checking the code, it should not be freezing before the filtering menu appears. When exactly it is freezing?

1. when right clicking on a mod before popup menu appears

2. when clicking "Apply Filter" in popup menu before filtering options window appears

• Like 1