[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Regardless of my feeling about the Merged patch I do still use it. I was testing 3.0.32 and I notice it's adding NULL records to everything with a count. Is there any way to update the count and avoid doing that? When i was testing Requiem and made a Merge Patch there were literally hundreds of those things. If I left them there I doubt the game would have cared, but at the same time, if I wanted to remove them it would have taken a long time.

Regardless of my feeling about the Merged patch I do still use it. I was testing 3.0.32 and I notice it's adding NULL records to everything with a count. Is there any way to update the count and avoid doing that? When i was testing Requiem and made a Merge Patch there were literally hundreds of those things. If I left them there I doubt the game would have cared, but at the same time, if I wanted to remove them it would have taken a long time.

I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

3.0.32 has an issue with the modification of Condition parameters.

7Rq2y.png

Modification by SetElementEditValues or by manual modification of Effects\Effect\Perk Conditions\Perk Condition\Conditions\Condition\CTDA - \* gives the assertion failure shown above.  This does not occur in 3.0.31.

Modification by SetElementEditValues or by manual modification of Effects\Effect\Perk Conditions\Perk Condition\Conditions\Condition\CTDA - \* gives the assertion failure shown above.  This does not occur in 3.0.31.

Can't reproduce. Are you using the latest svn version?
  • Like 1

I didn't. They don't seem to be related to #0 #1 #2.

But I suppose matching "External" naming convention: External1, External2End, External3Mid.

Back when I proposed this, it was overshadowed by the LOD announcement the next day. Any chance we can get these into the code?

Every once in awhile I think about looking into those External tables, but kinda stalled....

Can't reproduce. Are you using the latest svn version?

I was using 1528.  Using 1549 there were no issues.  How silly.

Would it be too much trouble to have the program identify which svn version is being used when it loads up? A build number or something so that it's easy to tell if the installation you're working with is out of date or not?

Good idea plus it's easier to rule out a number of bugs/issues/mods when someone report an issue.

Would it be too much trouble to have the program identify which svn version is being used when it loads up? A build number or something so that it's easy to tell if the installation you're working with is out of date or not?

Not much, but trouble nonetheless. I can include svn revision as a build number in exe header, but the problem is I will need to remember doing it every time, and what is worse - others who update svn trunk branch must do the same. That's a hassle and I can't see it working correctly for a long span of time.

Right now you can compare date on exe file or number in 7z archive name if you kept it. I also post a message here "uploaded a new version" when there are significant changes and a good time to update.

• Like 1

I name my executables with the version and svn.  So my current executable is TES5Edit3032svn1549.exe

Back when I proposed this, it was overshadowed by the LOD announcement the next day. Any chance we can get these into the code?

Are you sure this will be more appropriate?

The current naming scheme is copied from FNVEdit which has the same navmeshes in a similar format.

• Like 1

Are you sure this will be more appropriate?

The current naming scheme is copied from FNVEdit which has the same navmeshes in a similar format.

Why would Unknown 1, 2, and 3 be more appropriate?

They indicate there's an entry in the External Connections table. That's why I suggested External1, External2End, External3Mid. They seem to indicate whether they are neighbors, 2's are always the end of a string of 3's -- that is, 3's are in the middle.

Why would Unknown 1, 2, and 3 be more appropriate?

They indicate there's an entry in the External Connections table. That's why I suggested External1, External2End, External3Mid. They seem to indicate whether they are neighbors, 2's are always the end of a string of 3's -- that is, 3's are in the middle.

Oops sorry, I looked at wrong message. Updated definitions though I don't like this naming, kind of confusing. However can't think of anything better myself.

Here is script to search for tri flags without Unknown 12

unit SearchForNAVMTriangleFlags;

function Initialize: integer;
begin
  if wbSimpleRecords then begin
    MessageDlg('Simple records must be unchecked in xEdit options', mtInformation, [mbOk], 0);
    Result := 1;
  end;
end;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
var
  tris, tri: IInterface;
  i: integer;
begin
  if Signature(e) <> 'NAVM' then
    Exit;

tris := ElementByPath(e, 'NVNM\Triangles');
  for i := 0 to Pred(ElementCount(tris)) do begin
    tri := ElementByIndex(tris, i);
    // Unknown 12 is not set
    if GetElementNativeValues(tri, 'Flags') shr 11 and 1 = 0 then begin
      AddMessage(Name(e) + ' ' + Name(tri));
      // show only 1 triangle per navmesh
      Exit;
    end;
  end;
end;

end.

• Like 1

On FNVEdit, I made a module to correct a bug with NVInteriors that I found, where Chucksteel or a partner of his used the wrong items; they used the erroneous (and I suspect leftover) MiscItem Legion and NCR money in several instances, when they should have used the Caravan Money (CMNY) type.

I did a lot of Find/Replace in gamespaces and a few in leveled lists, but it seems that FNVEdit doesn't like it.  I get the following error when I attempt to drag'n'drop altered ref base subrecords from the fix ESP into the NVInteriors ESM:

"Found a CMNY reference, expected:

ACTI, ALCH, AMMO, ARMA, ARMO, ASPC, BOOK," etc etc etc several other formtypes.

Here's the module I made: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36069651/NVIntFixedBank.esp

Here's the DL site for NVInteriors if you don't already have it: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43534/?

"Found a CMNY reference, expected:

ACTI, ALCH, AMMO, ARMA, ARMO, ASPC, BOOK," etc etc etc several other formtypes.

I added CMNY and CCRD to the check lists if they had a CHIP already.

Uploaded svn1551 so you can try.

• Like 1

I am using the latest nexus version, and only skimming the treads, so I may have missed something, but is it a planned feature to have records that automatically merge at runtime be displayed in a different colour?

I am using the latest nexus version, and only skimming the treads, so I may have missed something, but is it a planned feature to have records that automatically merge at runtime be displayed in a different colour?

Nope.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I asked for that in the past.... (And my mundane name is also Simpson.)