Issue with WIAddItem07

Khrada

Hello fellow members,

I have recently tried my hand at changing the way the quest WIAddItem07 (Calcelmo buying Dwarven weapons and armors) works and ran into some problems.

I wanted the quest to trigger when you discovered an Dwarven item in the chest instead of being bought (which makes the wording in the letter he gave you rather odd), so I changed the condition in the SM Event Node for that quest. Now the quest is no longer triggered when I buy a dwarven dagger from a merchant, but when I took it from a barrel.

So here is the problem, I have noticed it does not like interior spaces. The test was conducted in Warmaiden's, inside and outside, and the quest triggers with no problem whenever I took the dwarven dagger out of the barrel next to the store, but it will not work when I took it out of the sack inside the store. That got my curiosity up and I started throwing the quest node around with less restrictive conditions, and I finally got it to work inside the store. However when I went back to my current playthrough in Ustengrav, the dwarven dagger I have found in the boss chest still failed to trigger the quest. Same result also happened when I coc'd from the main menu to Ustengrav and tried every kind of containers I can find with no avail, while it still worked with Warmaiden's.

I'm here with this issue, wonder if anybody would be able to shed some light to this. Much appreciated.

If this issue got resolved, I believe it is worthy of a fix, since the wording of the letter does not sound like it should trigger from a purchase at the market.

That got my curiosity up and I started throwing the quest node around with less restrictive conditions, and I finally got it to work inside the store.

Could you please post what exactly you modified and how the modifications looked like ?

Also, you shouldn't be using coc'ing to test, no matter how tempting it is as it may bypass some triggers leaving things in undefined state. Results gotten when coc'ing somewhere can be different than from those that you get by fast travelling to the same location.

Could you please post what exactly you modified and how the modifications looked like ?

Sure thing, I went to the SM Event Nodes in CK, I went to Add Item node, and found the node for WIAddItem07, then I changed the condition that checks the Acquire Type from 2 (buy) to 5 (container). The quest itself used this to start everything.

Then I realized it only worked in exterior location, so I move the whole node for WIAddItem07 out of existing branches to a new empty branch and gave it only two conditions for that branch, one checking the container is not evidence chest, and the other checking whether it's from a follower (I think). Now it works in Warmaiden's (the interior space I chose), but still no luck in Ustengrav (the dungeon I chose).

Also, you shouldn't be using coc'ing to test, no matter how tempting it is as it may bypass some triggers leaving things in undefined state. Results gotten when coc'ing somewhere can be different than from those that you get by fast travelling to the same location.

I understand the potential issue with coc'ing, so I also used an existing save for it, and the result was the same.