Unofficial Patch ESM Conversion

Arthmoor

Since I'm using NMM or any other manager for the first time, is it enough to just sort the list in the particular order and then just start the game normally (without starting NMM first)? Is there anything else I should do to these v2 patches prior using them?

And just a thought - wouldn't we lose many people without having patches available on the steam in any form? Steam offers the most convenient (easiest) way of managing and updating files directly from the game... ?

Since I'm using NMM or any other manager for the first time, is it enough to just sort the list in the particular order and then just start the game normally (without starting NMM first)? Is there anything else I should do to these v2 patches prior using them?

And just a thought - wouldn't we lose many people without having patches available on the steam in any form? Steam offers the most convenient (easiest) way of managing and updating files directly from the game... ?

You can sort them just with the game launcher, which also uses the same plugins.txt and loadorder.txt in your ..

C:\Users\username\appdata\local\skyrim\ folder

Launcher, choose "Data files"

14504-1-1381092111.png

Dont use the instructions on the right, thats a screen from one of my mods

Ref steam workshop - Besides the technical hitch of not being able to upload a fake esm, The patches were on the verge of being too big for steam workshop mod size limit anyway, they will get bigger as time goes on.

People will find them - Even if they are Nexus banned rejects they can get them on this site and a few more.

Really? I thought those managers had to make some conversions to ESM... I don't have many mods, so it's easier for me to do the positioning from the game's Data files... like I always did, without any managers.

Thanks!

As for Steam updates, you're right, there are many places where unofficial patches can be obtained. it's just that some people won't bother to look further if they see " xyz is up to date" message.

Not much we can do about the Steam situation. Converting the files the way we have to resolve nagging engine bugs was considered far more important than the loss of a single upload mirror - and to me that's all SW is is a site to make the mods available from.

The reasons for why SW works the way it does for Skyrim are also not Valve's fault as they've been more than generous with expanding the file sizes allowed. It's the CK itself that is hindering the effort and Bethesda is highly unlikely to fix this now. Nor would they have any reason to fix the specific issue of a falsely flagged file because that's not something that's possible with the tools they provide.

I had no problems hand sorting with NMM. The standard launcher then accepted that load order, no problems, and check my 4 steam mods. Then I launched SKSE+SkyUI, also with no problems.

I don't yet run with enough mods to bother with BOSS, although I downloaded it today.

There are still some log errors I expected to go away. But I see there was another UDGP.

Is there anything special we need to do to load these in CK? I've not tried yet, but I always do any navmeshing with USKP loaded above it, to avoid any conflicts there.

Nope. For CK use, it's actually pretty easy - just like any other esm file. Double click to add it to the load list. You may have to adjust the file date to get it in the position you want though because the CK is still loading by timestamps.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an FYI, this conversion is now complete with the release of the 2.0 live versions.

• 2 weeks later...

now that the dust has settled a bit and you gained some experience with tree LODs in Solitude, any chance, the old (and odd) "Gildergreen has no LOD" issue could now (with the esm setup) be resolved without the troubles that haunted the first two attempts?