[Skyrim] Undocumented *bugs* in Breezehome

Leonardo

When I read this post in the UHFP thread on BSF I started to wonder if there are still undocumented *bugs* in Breezehome that needs to be identified properly I mean a least we can have a discussion about it.

My theory is that Bethesda basically broke the navmesh path for the children's room when Hearthfire came out last year, because if you only purchase the alchemy room from Proventus then the navmesh path is correct and if am I wrong about this then let me know.

Let us assume that Bethesda just added the children's room in both Breezehome and in the dialogue for Proventus for Hearthfire, but did they playtest the interior in Breezehome I don't think so.

Otherwise people wouldn't complain about the broken navmesh path for the children when the player purchase the children's room from Proventus, so how can the navmesh path for the children become broken.

Again this is just a speculation about what could cause this and is of course debatable and my theory is this...

Bethesda created Breezehome with the door to the alchemy room closer to the wall than the same door had in Hearthfire provided that the player bought the children's room and the door was more to the left than it was with the alchemy room.

Now what I'm trying to say here is that Bethesda *forgot* to change the position of the door for the alchemy room including the navmesh path and move the door a little to the left in the same position as the door for the children's room now have.

Okay this is what I think it should be done in the first place... 

What Bethesda really should do is to have *two* identical room and one of them has the furniture for the alchemy room while the other room would have the furniture for the children's room, but without changing the position for the door regardless what the player decide to purchase (alchemy/children).  Because if the player bought the alchemy room then the door will have same position as if the player bought the children's room.  It could be a *single* cell for Breezehome and what should happen is that the furniture for both options in the dialogue for Proventus simply swap the furniture to match to what the player is buying via dialogue with Proventus.

I wish I had the necessary skill to do such a thing in CK and if I had then I would probably already release a mod to correct the position of the door in Breezehome by now.

I could try to make something just to show you what I mean, but I'm just a newbie when I want to do things in CK so no a mod to correct the door in Breezehome will not be released by me probably never.

Finally, does anything of what I just said makes sense to you.

Thanks for reading :)

It's not a navmesh problem, there is nothing wrong with the it. The issue is of the navcut collision boxes not being enabled/disabled correctly with Hearthfire. Beth probably didn't match the door position on purpose, so that it would be immediately obvious which room the door leads to. You're of course welcome to make a mod that matches the door positions, but this bug has already been fixed in UHFP for new games (it appears that the fix isn't retroactive).

I assume you have already read this post about Breezehome regarding the UHFP beta.  If you haven't read the post then how can the children still have problems when UHFP is active?

Yes, I've read it. Like I said, it seems that the fix isn't retroactive. Some changes only work on new games and this seems to be one of them. The team has tested it and the fix does work.

I also listed a workaround that should correct it. Go and cycle the room with Proventus. Buy whichever one you don't have, then buy the one you just got rid of. That should force the state of the activator to switch. We can't directly do this in a retro script without messing up the state of the house purchasing variables.

Are there more player houses than Breezehome that you need to choose between a room for the children and another room (it doesn't matter what kind of room it's)?

I think Proudspire and Hjerim are large enough that you get to add the child's room on rather than switching it. The others usually require you give up the alchemy lab.

Severin Manor in Raven Rock has no options for it. Dunno if that was an oversight or just impractical due to DLC crossover issues.

I never bought Hjerim so I cannot comment about that house, but I did bought Proudspire though and I agree it's large enough to fit both alchemy, enchanters table.

I also bought Honeyside in Riften once, but I don't remember much how it was inside.  I think all player houses needs to be checked except for those you mention and perhaps for Honeyside too.

Now you know my reason why I brought up this discussion in the first place, because there is too much in Hearthfire that doesn't makes sense a least it don't makes sense to me about Breezehome for instance.