Having a Horker as a favicon for AFK Mods

Leonardo

Well how about having a Horker as a favicon for the AFK Mods site, because I find the Oblivion portal favicon a little misleading imo. 

Here at the favicon.ico Generator site can anyone create a favicon for any site with almost any image and I've already use it for Sovngarde. :)

What's wrong with the Oblivion icon with the gear on it? :P

If people really would prefer a horker though, something derived from the horker emote would probably work better: :horker:

I am likewise a big fan of the Oblivion icon, not only for the sake of sentimentality as for legibility. I'm not entirely sure how you're going to get a horker down to icon size that's anything like legible.

What's wrong with the Oblivion icon with the gear on it? :P

If people really would prefer a horker though, something derived from the horker emote would probably work better: :horker:

That's simple because when people notice the Oblivion icon then they're thinking that this site is a major Oblivion community site and not having stuff for both Morrowind, Skyrim here.

How to make a Horker icon is simple.  Just take any image then convert it to an icon and viola you have favicon image named as "favicon.ico" to being uploaded into the server root directory then add a line in the forum software just as it's right now.

The site I linked to takes care of the rest and trust me I know how it works. :)

Tech_Support attached image (change the .png to .ico extension is probably necessary) is good and I like it. :D

I'm also a big fan of the Oblivion icon. :) I think that to shrink a horker into so small a size would make it unrecognizable.

That's simple because when people notice the Oblivion icon then they're thinking that this site is a major Oblivion community site and not having stuff for both Morrowind, Skyrim here.

If people judge a site's content just based on Oblivion favicon, that's on them.

Oh well I see that now the majority has spoken on this matter and that's not in my favour, so I figure that the case is closed then and the Oblivion icon will still be a favicon. :psychocookie:

Likewise - we had the Oblivi-con first - I like the Oblivi-con.

Plus - as a symbol it's much more universal than a Horker - the Daedric "O" and the cog are recognisable and rational symbols for TES and modding.

Speaking of the Oblivion icon, one of the major inconveniences of a horker icon is that then I can't bring this thing out to play:

spinning_ob_logo.gif

(muahahaha)

• Like 1