[Skyrim] Yatul in Riverwood

Oxslow

I was in the chat channel last night and people wanted a save of Yatul in Riverwood. So I started a new game and  I have managed to recreate the problem. The sv console command outputs for Yatul is this.

--- Papyrus ---------------------------------

WIDeadBodyCleanUpScript:

Script state = ""

::DaysBeforeCleanUp_var  = 0.500000

::DeathContainer_var = 000172B6

::WI_var = WI (00035D64)

selfRef = None

--- Papyrus - Alias Yatul on Quest NarzulburFreeFromWifeQuest (000E316E)

No papyrus scripts attached

Plugin                                                           Load Order
Skyrim.esm                                                   00
Upsate.esm                                                  01
Dawnguard.esm                                           02
HearthFires.esm                                           03
Dragonborn.esm                                           04
HighResTexturePack01.esp                          05
HighResTexturePack02.esp                          06
HighResTexturePack03.esp                          07
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp                           08
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp                    09
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp                      0A
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp                  0B
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp            0C
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp                              0D
SkyUI.esp                                                     0E
Run For Your Lives.esp                               0F
When Vampires Attack.esp                         10
The Dance of Death Ultimate Edition.esp    11

Mods                                                           Version
A Quality World Map                                    8.0
Auto Unequip Ammo                                    5.0
Better Dialogue Controls                             1.2
Better MessageBox Controls                       1.2
Run For Your Lives                                     1.2.2
SkyUI                                                           4.1
The Dance of Death                                    4.0
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch                        1.2.3
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch                       1.0.4
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch                           1.1.1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch                  1.1.2
Unofficial Skyrim Patch                                1.3.3b
When Vampires Attack                                1.0.3

Save 2 has Yatul stood right in front of you. Save 3 is how you can recreate the proplem, go to sleep for 1 hour in Hod/Gurdurs bed then make your way outside to the lumber mill and Yatul will be there if you just go out the door to the lumber mill Yatul will not be there.

http://sdrv.ms/1cdKicd

Generally bugs should be reported to the tracker where they won't get lost or forgotten, the forums are meant for discussion.

--- Papyrus - Alias Yatul on Quest NarzulburFreeFromWifeQuest (000E316E)

Nice Freudianism ... we all understand that you want to get rid of her :innocent:

Generally bugs should be reported to the tracker where they won't get lost or forgotten, the forums are meant for discussion.

This is a discussion, Star: we're trying to pinpoint the cause of this, considering that many have discussed having this issue.

The lack of mod-related aliases on Yatul precludes it being a mod's wonky AI package; I'd surmise that this is due to edits to the pre-Blood Kin forcegreet package the guard orcs have, and some engine bug with forcegreet packages with time parameters.

On Beth forum ripple had been experiencing this bug, but stated that simply removing the DefaultSandboxEditorLocation512 package stopped it from occuring. OP here.

On Beth forum ripple had been experiencing this bug, but stated that simply removing the DefaultSandboxEditorLocation512 package stopped it from occuring. OP here.

I've been using the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod for a long time now and I haven't meet Yatul in other locations than in an Orc stronghold.

I'm not saying that the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod is free of issues and other follower mod have this issue, but there is one mod I've seen in a posted loadorder and I wonder what mod has this Follower Trap Safety.esp included.

The reason I mention the Follower Trap Safety.esp is quite obvious, because such mod aren't necessary if you use the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod since it has that feature included in the mod it self.

I have had it happen with only the unofficial skyrim patches installed and Skyui but I could not replicate the problem in that instance so it is something that the unofficial skyrim patches do.

What does this package do DefaultSandboxEditorLocation512?

Perhaps it has something to do with sleeping because ripple and me had her appear where she should not be after sleeping.

There are countless of other NPCs using DefaultSandboxEditorLocation512 and they are not popping up after the player sleeps, so the bug must somehow be specific to Yatul.

Ok found something really weird there is a stray SMQN  EvilAuntsScene which doesnt appear to actually exist but the CK says Yatul is refrencing it.

Doubt it is causing the issue but idk

I have only ever seen Yatul do this. Could it happen because the sandbox package makes Yatul goes inside and the other packages are outside. Also why were times added to the OutsideGuardpackages and the GuardPatrolPackage?  I thought both packages would want to be done at the same time.

Then surely you want the guard package all the time to begin with because that is the package that controls the forced conversation when you approach.

Perhaps it has something to do with sleeping because ripple and me had her appear where she should not be after sleeping.

I think that's related to this bug and was fixed in USKP 1.3.3 IIRC, which means that either of you or ripple have a mod installed that overrides the fixes from USKP.

Arob, Nagrub, and Yatul all had nonsense 24/7 guard schedules that did not allow for them to sleep at night. (Bug #12934)

Have you clean ALL DLC including the Update.esm in TES5Edit 3.0.30?  If you have cleaned them then post your loadorder.

Then surely you want the guard package all the time to begin with because that is the package that controls the forced conversation when you approach.

Theres no condition with the guard package so it will still always override the patrol package anyway this should have no effect on the yatul in riverwood issue XD

P.S.

though making a special package for the intial orc greet quest is probs needed

Oops I forgot about cleaning the dlc's when I reinstalled Skyrim. Would it have made a difference with this load order?

(0)    Skyrim.esm
    (1)    Update.esm
    (2)    Dawnguard.esm
    (3)    HearthFires.esm
    (4)    Dragonborn.esm
    (5)    HighResTexturePack01.esp
    (6)    HighResTexturePack02.esp
    (7)    HighResTexturePack03.esp
    (8)    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    (9)    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    (10)    Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    (11)    Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    (12)    Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
    (13)    SkyUI.esp
    (14)    iHUD.esp

Probably not.  Since you don't have bashed patch activated then it could be a difference unless you don't use Wrye Bash.

P.S.

though making a special package for the intial orc greet quest is probs needed

No; the two AI packages the Orc guard have control both forcegreeting prior to becoming Blood-Kin and normal patrolling.

The first package's template has the conditions preventing the forcegreet from occurring if the player is Blood-Kin. The first package is meant to be an initial forcegreet, and second the normal day-to-day patrolling.

The USKP added time parameters that erroneously assume that these two packages will be running at the same time, as part of a complete schedule, when this is incorrect.

The fix would be to apply whatever parameters is cared for to the second package, and to revert the first to vanilla.

Admit still confused about what stops the firast package from firing if both were anyx0 but ill take your experience over mine