A quest which I never got in (n+1) playthroughs - what am I doing wrong ?

Sclerocephalus

There is one quest which I do only know from hear-say, but which I never got in any of my playthroughs - and there have been many (not all of them very far, but still far enough): Repairing the phial.

Any ideas why ?

You have to advance the main quest to "The Throat of the World" as well as have completed "The White Phial."

There is one quest which I do only know from hear-say, but which I never got in any of my playthroughs - and there have been many (not all of them very far, but still far enough): Repairing the phial.

Any ideas why ?

I've never been able to start this quest myself in my previous games, so I don't know where I can find the quest giver or do something that triggers the quest. :shrug:

I've never been able to start this quest myself in my previous games, so I don't know where I can find the quest giver or do something that triggers the quest. :shrug:

After you have been to the Throat of the World it becomes available

You have to advance the main quest to "The Throat of the World" as well as have completed "The White Phial."

Both done in various playthroughs, but I never got that quest.

After you have been to the Throat of the World it becomes available

How can I start the quest and where is the quest giver if there is one that is.

A courier should appear with a letter from Quintus. Once you go back to the The White Phial, he will send you out for three items he needs. The courier will only appear if the damaged white phial has been retrieved (and returned) and if the Throat of the World has been visited. 

huh...  That doesn't answer my question of how do I start the quest.   Also who is Quintus by the way? :shrug:

You would know who Quintus is if you'd done the pre-requisite quest White Phial (you talk to him to get your reward). As for starting Repairing the Vial, you need to have full access to Throat of the World and finished 'The White Phial'. Courier will start 'Repairing the Phial'.

You would know who Quintus is if you'd done the pre-requisite quest White Phial (you talk to him to get your reward). As for starting Repairing the Vial, you need to have full access to Throat of the World and finished 'The White Phial'. Courier will start 'Repairing the Phial'.

Well that's my problem about the White Phial quest, because I never did that quest in my previous games so I wouldn't know who Quintus is would I.

Quintus Navale

(RefID: 0001B116) Home City Windhelm Store The White Phial

Quintus Navale is an Imperial sorcerer and the assistant of the alchemist Nurelion. He lives in The White Phial store. He came all the way from Cyrodiil to learn alchemy from Nurelion, not because Nurelion is a good teacher, but because one learns a lot just by watching him do his job.

What do you mean?

just let it go, if you have any further issues try www.uesp.net

it has everything