DLCs invalidating USKP fixes ?

Sclerocephalus

After installing Dawnguard and Dragonborn a while ago, I noticed several methusalem bugs (i.e. some of the stuff that was already fixed in USKP -1) reappearing of which I thought they were gone forever:

(1) The duplicated log in Breezehome is back

(2) The out-of-place arch that caused flickering in the basement of Proudspire Manor is back as well

(3) The "hitting the books" quest (of which I vaguely remember that it was already fixed earlier) now forgets again to leave the books at the indicated quest locations.

... and there may be more!

I don't know about the others but I recently just fixed the arch in proudspire and after look inside the 1.3.3 file I can see it hasn't edited the arch. If it was fixed previously then it's either gone missing from the file or was fixed by moving something besides the arch.

I'll check the change log :)

Okay so it looks like this was fixed before:

• The three new chairs around the living room table (D89D2, E2CB4/5) will no longer be embedded in the new chairs when the Living Room upgrade is purchased due to missing enable parenting, flipped the backwards chest at the foot of the master bed (9DA07) and eliminated a large arc of Z-fighting intersection on the wall by the mannequins (5F0B1) in Solitude's Proudspire Manor (player's home)

However, that arch hasn't been edited inside the 1.3.3 files. Hopefully Arthmoor sees this as that's presumably not a good sign  :whistle:

I always believed it was a simple "dungeon optimization" issue, rooms & portals... ? :huh:

are old copies of the USKP for download somewhere, sowe can track downwhen this happened?

was the fix ever actually in the USKP and got dropped? dropped out of an error (CK or human), or was it simply never implemented?

Okay, so I checked version 1.0.0 (where the arch fix was first implemented) and it is included in that version. Now to narrow down where it went missing

Should probably post here since it hasn't been cleared up in this thread. The arch in proudspire was removed because it is deleted in hearthfire and would cause a ctd if the user had no cleaned Hearthfires.esm. Not sure about the others.

It may be fixed again in future versions if the USKP is made to be a false esm file.

In other words, I am stuck with that bug when I don't have Hearthfires installed ?

The USKP could at least move the duplicated arc out of the way. It shouldn't matter then what Hearthfires does.

It can't be edited, at all. It's the act of editing it for ANY reason that leads to the CTDs. This isn't something we can circumvent. It's an engine bug with no workaround other than to demand people clean their DLC. I think we both realize this is folly because too many people won't do it because they listen to too many people who don't know what they're talking about. It can't even be referenced in a backhanded way by an alias because that would also cause it to be edited.

So, yes, unfortunately this means you will have to endure the bug if you don't have HF installed.

In other words, I am stuck with that bug when I don't have Hearthfires installed ?

The USKP could at least move the duplicated arc out of the way. It shouldn't matter then what Hearthfires does.

Not necessarily if you PM me your Steam user account name, because I already have Hearthfires-DLC as a stand alone and bought it the same time I bought Dragonborn-DLC when that came out earlier this year.

What I'm trying to say here is that you have my copy of Hearthfires-DLC for free if you want.  I can buy another Hearthfires-DLC copy later if I need to do that. :)